purplemonster

Super Bowl predictions

Recommended Posts

I think Tampa Bay's defense could give KCs beat up o-Line some issues but not enough to win. I'm thinking something like 27-17. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady threw 3 interceptions against Green Bay and still won the game. He will not throw 3 int's this game and inspite of that he will NOT win his 7th ring. No 3 int game but he will throw 3 touchdowns. However that will not be enough. Mr. Mahomes will throw 4 touchdowns and the Kansas City Chiefs will repeat as Superbowl Champions beating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in their home stadium.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-      42 points

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS-    34 points

 

Patrick Mahomes- 386 yds. 4 tds. 1int.

Tom Brady-  312 yds. 3 tds. 1 int.

 

 

Edited by Docniner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Docniner said:

Brady threw 3 interceptions against Green Bay and still won the game. He will not throw 3 int's this game and inspire of that he will NOT win his 7th ring. No 3 int game but he will throw 3 touchdowns. However that will not be enough. Mr. Mahomes will throw 4 touchdowns and the Kansas City Chiefs will repeat as Superbowl Champions beating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in their home stadium.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-      42 points

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS-    34 points

 

Patrick Mahomes- 386 yds. 4 tds. 1int.

Tom Brady-  312 yds. 3 tds. 1 int.

 

 

I hear ya, if I had to alter it I'd up the Bucs pts, not very often have they been held to 21, so 24+ probably closer but whatevs I'll go with my original 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2021 at 9:07 AM, purplemonster said:

Time to get the chatter started. 35-21 Chiefs. I think it will be a bigger blowout than most 

 

No field goals at all?  That would be odd.

 

I'm gonna say 41-27 Chiefs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34-29 Chiefs, but TB scores a TD late to make it look closer than it was.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, darin3 said:

 

No field goals at all?  That would be odd.

 

I'm gonna say 41-27 Chiefs.

Could be 2 field goals and a 2 point conversion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping for a good game, but a Chiefs win.  Doesn't really have anything to do with the QB's.... I have no problem with Brady, other than his inconsistent post-game handshake routine.  He may not be the most talented QB of all time, but in terms of greatness as a leader, I think he's been far and away the best of all time at his position, and I have major respect for him for that. What has me leaning KC is my Midwest ties, some extended family there, and I like Reid better than Arians (just slightly.... like em both).  I also have a bet that I'll win with the Chiefs winning. 

 

On top of all of that, I really don't want to see Bell or Brown win a SB, but if I have to choose, it's hands down Bell by a mile.  :lol:

 

As for WHY I think KC will win, to put it simply, I just think they're the better team in most areas, and where they're not, it's pretty close.  Light years better on offense, I like them better on special teams, and while I give the edge defensively to the Bucs,  I think the history with Spags and Brady offsets that to some degree.  Basically, Spagnuolo has had Brady's number like nobody else has, in terms of DC's.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, darin3 said:

 

No field goals at all?  That would be odd.

 

I'm gonna say 41-27 Chiefs.

7 field goals!  No, you are right though, if I had to choose I'd ratchet that up to 24 or 27. Not many teams have kept the Bucs to that low of a score.  35-24 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great story for the NFL. Home town.... new (the greatest to have ever been or ever will be according to the NFL and ESPN) QB for the home team.

How can that mean anything except a TB win. As much as I hate it...there is nothing that can be done about it.

It has already been determined.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, skylive5 said:

A great story for the NFL. Home town.... new (the greatest to have ever been or ever will be according to the NFL and ESPN) QB for the home team.

How can that mean anything except a TB win. As much as I hate it...there is nothing that can be done about it.

It has already been determined.

 

 

 

Yep, agree. That and someone put 2.3 million on the Bucs to cover, so you know the fix is in at the casino in Vegas.  As much as this will piss me off, the Bucs have this one.

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

 

Yep, agree. That and someone put 2.3 million on the Bucs to cover, so you know the fix is in at the casino in Vegas.  As much as this will piss me off, the Bucs have this one.

KCC - 23

TBB - 17

NFL Refs - 10

 

Final score - TBB 27 KCC 23

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, skylive5 said:

A great story for the NFL. Home town.... new (the greatest to have ever been or ever will be according to the NFL and ESPN) QB for the home team.

How can that mean anything except a TB win. As much as I hate it...there is nothing that can be done about it.

It has already been determined.

 

 

 

Already determined as in the game is rigged, and the officials will somehow make sure the Bucs win?  Sorry I don't believe that, and if I did I would stop watching the NFL. Sure its a great story, a Hollywood script and all. But I don't believe in predetermined results. (Otherwise there is no way my Browns would have beaten the Steelers in the playoffs.)

 

I think the Chiefs win, I don't think it will be a blowout at all, Biggest lead may be 14-17 points, but it will be back and forth. Chiefs win by 7-10, let's say 34-24 

 

I am tired of Brady, and while he is a great QB I just feel some of that was luck, he sure wasn't considered the GOAT out of college, or even an NFL starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

Already determined as in the game is rigged, and the officials will somehow make sure the Bucs win?  Sorry I don't believe that, and if I did I would stop watching the NFL. Sure its a great story, a Hollywood script and all. But I don't believe in predetermined results. (Otherwise there is no way my Browns would have beaten the Steelers in the playoffs.)

 

I think the Chiefs win, I don't think it will be a blowout at all, Biggest lead may be 14-17 points, but it will be back and forth. Chiefs win by 7-10, let's say 34-24 

 

I am tired of Brady, and while he is a great QB I just feel some of that was luck, he sure wasn't considered the GOAT out of college, or even an NFL starter. 

It's not really that hard. One or two drive-killing holding penalties or non-calls on DPI/holding, one or two drive-extending defensive holding or DPI calls. All objective calls and it only takes a few to create a 10-20 point swing. There really shouldn't be any question that it happens. I think the only question should be is if it's intentional or not.

Edited by rajncajn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

I am tired of Brady, and while he is a great QB I just feel some of that was luck,

 

So much hate in your heart my friend. I used to hate the SOB as well but I'm at the point now where I'm in awe of him. The guy is good looking, has the perfect hot Wife, perfect family, gazillions of dollars, and 10 Superbowl appearances. What's to hate? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

It's not really that hard. One or two drive-killing holding penalties or non-calls on DPI/holding, one or two drive-extending defensive holding or DPI calls. All objective calls and it only takes a few to create a 10-20 point swing. There really shouldn't be any question that it happens. I think the only question should be is if it's intentional or not.

 

Are you arguing that the refs can impact/determine the outcome of a game?  Or that the outcomes are predetermined, and the refs make sure said outcomes happen?  Pretty big difference between the two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gopher said:

 

Are you arguing that the refs can impact/determine the outcome of a game?  Or that the outcomes are predetermined, and the refs make sure said outcomes happen?  Pretty big difference between the two.  

I'm saying that if they wanted to then it could be done a lot easier than it's made out to be. I think that questioning whether it's purposeful or not is not without merit, though would be very hard to prove without concrete evidence. I do think that certain refs let personal bias play into their calls, but whether or not there is a concerted effort I don't know. I hope not because if I ever found out there was in any fashion then it would be the end of the NFL for me for good, period. I've had my doubts for a while, but I've never been a conspiracy believer. What I do know is that not all teams/players are treated equally by the league or the refs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2021 at 4:18 PM, rajncajn said:

I'm saying that if they wanted to then it could be done a lot easier than it's made out to be. I think that questioning whether it's purposeful or not is not without merit, though would be very hard to prove without concrete evidence. I do think that certain refs let personal bias play into their calls, but whether or not there is a concerted effort I don't know. I hope not because if I ever found out there was in any fashion then it would be the end of the NFL for me for good, period. I've had my doubts for a while, but I've never been a conspiracy believer. What I do know is that not all teams/players are treated equally by the league or the refs.

 

If I had that much doubt about the integrity of the game I'd have already stopped watching. (It sounds like you're just waiting for evidence to prove the games are fixed but already suspect it and would not be surprised by it.)

 

Bias is one thing, preferential treatment for some players and clubs (including star QBs like Brady, Brees, Rodgers) exists for sure. But the league or a group of officials deciding to throw a game is not something believable, not in this era of every little dirty secret being sold to somebody for money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

 

If I had that much doubt about the integrity of the game I'd have already stopped watching. (It sounds like you're just waiting for evidence to prove the games are fixed but already suspect it and would not be surprised by it.)

 

Bias is one thing, preferential treatment for some players and clubs (including star QBs like Brady, Brees, Rodgers) exists for sure. But the league or a group of officials deciding to throw a game is not something believable, not in this era of every little dirty secret being sold to somebody for money. 

I don't suspect it, but I wouldn't be surprised at all and all it would take is one official making or holding back on a few flags in order to sway a game one way or another. It may not be effective enough to absolutely decide an outcome, but it certainly can influence it. Individual bias I'm absolutely sure of and not just on the NFL officiating crew level either.

Edited by rajncajn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I don't suspect it, but I wouldn't be surprised at all and all it would take is one official making or holding back on a few flags in order to sway a game one way or another. It may not be effective enough to absolutely decide an outcome, but it certainly can influence it. Individual bias I'm absolutely sure of and not just on the NFL officiating crew level either.

 

All I know is the Chiefs didn't get sheeeeit for calls until we had Mahomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

 

All I know is the Chiefs didn't get sheeeeit for calls until we had Mahomes.

You guys deserve it as long a drought as you had & as great an organization and fanbase KC has.  I wasn't heartbroken when we lost to y'all this year, but it was painfully obvious they were calling no holding penalties against y'all & I think that frustration is what led to Cam Jordan getting himself ejected. I posted a thread referencing that, but it wasn't really about that game as much as it was the ongoing disparity of penalties called against teams when they played the Saints and their typical average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rajncajn said:

You guys deserve it as long a drought as you had & as great an organization and fanbase KC has.  I wasn't heartbroken when we lost to y'all this year, but it was painfully obvious they were calling no holding penalties against y'all & I think that frustration is what led to Cam Jordan getting himself ejected. I posted a thread referencing that, but it wasn't really about that game as much as it was the ongoing disparity of penalties called against teams when they played the Saints and their typical average.

 

Yeah, agree. 

 

I still want to know what the Saints did to piss off the NFL. It's got to be something more than the Bountygate thing. The Saints get screwed more than any other team out there and it's not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

 

Yeah, agree. 

 

I still want to know what the Saints did to piss off the NFL. It's got to be something more than the Bountygate thing. The Saints get screwed more than any other team out there and it's not even close.

From what I understand, the bountygate meeting between Goodell & Payton did not go well at all. Payton has hinted as much in several interviews and you can tell he's holding a lot back on what went on behind the scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rajncajn said:

it was painfully obvious they were calling no holding penalties against y'all & I think that frustration is what led to Cam Jordan getting himself ejected. I posted a thread referencing that, but it wasn't really about that game as much as it was the ongoing disparity of penalties called against teams when they played the Saints and their typical average.

 

You gotta let it go. It's time to celebrate and embrace the Jameis Winston era in NO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

You gotta let it go. It's time to celebrate and embrace the Jameis Winston era in NO. 

I did let it go. That doesn't mean I won't talk about it when I see it. I can't help it if you don't want to hear it. Just go watch ESPN or NFL Network and all will be right in your world again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.