[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Garoppolo is staying with the 49ers in 2021

League_Champion

14 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Apparently San Francisco is open to trading Jimmy G for a first round draft pick.

Chuckle.

Even if they were ale to get a first... major step backwards with potential for a rookie's natural learning curve/mistakes.

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, unless they plan on being 6-11 for the next few seasons they almost have to keep him. 

i think the only issue is health (to him and team).  They are competitive with him under center. Very undervalued right now.

18 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Even if they were ale to get a first... major step backwards with potential for a rookie's natural learning curve/mistakes.

Pretty sure they wouldn't get a 1st for Garoppolo.  I'd be tickled if they got a 3rd. Yes there's the potential learning curve/mistakes for any rookie but there's also the potential the rookie we draft could have a similar season to what Justin Herbert had. Fields would probably have the better chance of Herbert like numbers should he start as a rookie more so than Lance but I'd be happy taking a shot with Lance who pundits say could have a higher ceiling than Fields. Whoever they take I think they'll still keep Jimmy G this year unless they can get a decent deal for him. I like all the input you guys have given. Keep up the good work.

On 4/4/2021 at 7:32 AM, Shaft said:

That's not even SNL funny. They must have said that to boost Jimmy G's ego, saying we "value you that much."

Or its just more BS peddled by the great investigative reporters who cover the NFL like its a battle to select homecoming queen. 

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yup, the Broncos will give up 2 first rounders for him, haha. But in all seriousness the Darnold trade now gives Denver a shot at Fields or other. Carolina won't be drafting a QB, that's for sure. 

Yup, Denver will give up 1st rounders in 2099 & 3000 for Jimmy G, HaHa!!. Seriously they could trade up with Atlanta at 4 to get the QB they want but I don't think it'll be Fields. Shanny and company will be attending Fields 2nd pro day so while a lot of draft pundits jumped all over their attendance at Mac Jones pro day the 49ers WILL NOT be taking him..I'm standing steadfast on them taking Fields or Lance at #3.

1 minute ago, Docniner said:

Yup, Denver will give up 1st rounders in 2099 & 3000 for Jimmy G, HaHa!!. Seriously they could trade up with Atlanta at 4 to get the QB they want but I don't think it'll be Fields. Shanny and company will be attending Fields 2nd pro day so while a lot of draft pundits jumped all over their attendance at Mac Jones pro day the 49ers WILL NOT be taking him..I'm standing steadfast on them taking Fields or Lance at #3.

Denver could probably stay put and get a QB now. Trading up to 4 would definitely get them their guy but who's worth the price? And if I'm Atlanta it's going to cost a fortune to move back. 

Just because the Niners' brass went to Mac Jones' pro day means squat.  They are going to see Justin Fields now.  I think the Mac Jones speculation is silly.  I can't see how they'd pass on mobile options like Fields or Lance with this pick.  I think they are going Fields.  You can't pass up a talent like him with how the NFL is run these days.  Or should I say run AND pass.  :D 

They will retain Jimmy G this year, see how he pans out, but ultimately he is just a placeholder.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Doesn't teddy cost almost as much?

Close, about 5 mill less, and the 3rd season isn't guaranteed.   I'm sure the compensation from trading jimmy G, while their is still a market is much higher then that of bridgewater.   So between the two actions, save 5 mill, pick up a solid draft pick, speed d a much lesser draft pick, maybe they see it as a win

Maybe Lynch & Shanny are sitting back laughing  at the guys doing mocks and analysis having them taking Jones. Saying they have them all fooled. When they can have Fields or Lance, I say Lance, they better not take Jones or I'll disown them lol.

3 minutes ago, Docniner said:

Maybe Lynch & Shanny are sitting back laughing  at the guys doing mocks and analysis having them taking Jones. Saying they have them all fooled. When they can have Fields or Lance, I say Lance, they better not take Jones or I'll disown them lol.

Haha. They really do like Jones for some reason and they aren't bluffing. Everyone knows Lawrence/Wilson are definitely going 1 & 2 and SF is locked into 3 so there's no reason to bluff. That being said I can't imagine trading all those draft picks to get Jones. I would definitely take a shot on Lance or Fields long before I wasted 3 first round picks on Jones. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Haha. They really do like Jones for some reason and they aren't bluffing. Everyone knows Lawrence/Wilson are definitely going 1 & 2 and SF is locked into 3 so there's no reason to bluff. That being said I can't imagine trading all those draft picks to get Jones. I would definitely take a shot on Lance or Fields long before I wasted 3 first round picks on Jones. 

According to various talking heads.   

As always there are people with different opinions, but if you're not a well known blowhard like Schefter most don't pay attention to you. Where every prediction he makes is treated as gospel by some, who rarely hold him accountable when he's wrong, which happens often. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/146040-draft-analyst-calls-mac-jones-to-49ers-speculation-very-premature/

Then there's this guy, who sounds like he's ready to rally the pitchfork mob if SF does in fact draft Jones. He sounds a bit :crazy:  saying it doesn't even matter how the players careers go after being drafted  

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Mac-Jones-49ers-draft-rumors-latest-Shanahan-NFL-16087179.php

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Then there's this guy, who sounds like he's ready to rally the pitchfork mob if SF does in fact draft Jones

True. They already know who they are drafting. They didn't trade away two #1 picks + on a crap shoot. It's no secret that they fell in love with Jones after his pro days and workouts, although I have no idea why. But then again Shanny loved Matt Ryan and Jones couldn't be more of a Matt Ryan clone. We'll see. 

To draft a younger version of Garoppolo, a Matt Ryan clone or Kirk Cousins talent wise is saying you're settling for mediocrity. None if those guys have won a ring so why would you think that a guy with similar traits as those mentioned is gonna win you a superbowl. Lynch and Shanahan need to put the pipe down. I was in the camp as believing Shanahan was an offensive genius and it would only be a matter

of time before he won us a superbowl. I am beginning to rethink those ideas. How can they ignore what so  many are saying that if they  wanted Jones they surely didn't need to give up what.they did to move up to #3 . If Lynch & Shanny take Jones at 3 they both should be fired.   I hope for the love of God they pull their heads outta their butts on draft.day.and.take.either Lance or Fields. If they take Jones I'll buy his jersey just so I can burn it, lol.

13 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I don't watch much college football. But I watched a little of Mac Jones just for fun and I'm not seeing it either. Looks like he has trouble hitting tight windows and his arm strength didn't seem anything special. Not sure why you would take him at 3 after using those draft picks. 

Very true. And take into consideration that he was throwing to Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith at Alabama. He also had all week to throw the ball as he had one of the best O-Lines in the Country, he was hardly touched. He's not going to have that luxury in the NFL. If they take Jones at 3 it's going to make the Trubisky pick look genius. 

If Shanahan is about creativity in the running game, which SF has been successful at, the Jones is NOT the guy for that. Shanny can elevate his running scheme with a mobile QB in the likes of Fields or Lance. Schefter usually reports pretty good stuff so he could be right about them taking Jones but it would be a HUGE mistake.

What if the Niners offered up Garoppolo  and the #3 pick to former D coach and now head coach for the Jets Robert Saleh for the number 2 pick? Sounds outlandish I know but it would be nothing short of a miracle for that scenario to come to fruition. I know, one can dream though. I'm trying to hold on to the idea that they WON'T draft Jones.

2 hours ago, Docniner said:

What if the Niners offered up Garoppolo  and the #3 pick to former D coach and now head coach for the Jets Robert Saleh for the number 2 pick? Sounds outlandish I know but it would be nothing short of a miracle for that scenario to come to fruition. I know, one can dream though. I'm trying to hold on to the idea that they WON'T draft Jones.

Nope. Especially since the Jets traded Darnold. They are locked on Wilson at 2.