[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Garoppolo is staying with the 49ers in 2021

League_Champion

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Man.  They could have had Tee Higgins.  Imagine Higgins opposite Adams?  :o 

Or Chase Claypool, Laviska Shenault, Michael Pittman, D'Andre Swift, Jonathan Taylor (not much for receptions there).  They all came in the 2nd round. I get it, QB's are valuable, but there were some guys that Rodgers could have made stud like I'd imagine 

12 hours ago, Big John said:

He  is from California and grew up rooting for the 49ers.

Yep, we coulda had him instead of Alex Smith. Bummer. I like Rodgers but giving up the 3rd pick that you just paid a fortune for to get a QB with maybe 5 yrs. left in the tank. No way that happens. They blew getting Rodgers, passed on Mahomes and Watson so they better get this one right or Lynch and Shanny won't be in San Fran long.

This guy doesn't just believe the Rodgers to SF rumor he's convinced it will happen or Rodgers will sit out the season.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-04-19-why-aaron-rodgers-will-be-traded-to-49ers-for-third-overall-pick/

Don't believe every internet rumor you hear/read.

If this comes true I think Davante Adams value takes a massive hit. 

PS  Rodgers has ties to the bay area, most NFL fans know that. I don't think that makes this trade any more likely than any other hot take we hear in the offseason (99% of which don't happen). 

Edited by stevegrab

18 hours ago, darin3 said:

Heard a rumor that Aaron Rodgers could very well be traded to the Niners for the 3rd pick.  Don't know why they'd do that - assuming that QB is the pick there - when they overpaid to get Jordan Love just last year.  

Rodgers went to school at CAL in the bay area and grew up in Chico, California. I imagine he'd enjoy the SF weather more than the GB weather (though he's a great cold weather QB). That would be a blockbuster trade for sure but does GB then pick a QB and throw Love away? I'd be surprised if that happens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, darin3 said:

Heard a rumor that Aaron Rodgers could very well be traded to the Niners for the 3rd pick.  Don't know why they'd do that - assuming that QB is the pick there - when they overpaid to get Jordan Love just last year.  

Apparently the 49ers called the Packers for such a trade plus more yesterday.  The Packers said no.

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

and now Rodgers is "publicly" saying the relationship with GB is burned and he wants out.

Isn't Rodgers from the SF area? Wouldn't this be good for him?

Hey, Green Bay, if you like QB Love, then put up or shut up. Move on from Aaron, get #3+ and build around him.

According to various sources who are supposedly close to the situation :rolleyes: 

Why do some of you love this high school drama part of sports?  

44 minutes ago, League_Champion said:
·
5m

From unimpeachable source: As of last night, Aaron Rodgers’ wish list was 49ers, Broncos, Raiders (not necessarily in that order). He wanted Packers to take the 49ers’ offer. Next move by Rodgers is TBD.

Oh no, not the unimpeachable source, they're only wrong 90% (not 95%) of the time...  Going to be lots of egg on faces soon, but they'll just shrug and move on to the next rumor.