[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs Place 2 Players On The COVID-19 Reserve List

League_Champion

This is a hyperlink from the above but a much better story. Shows how insidious this is. The barber got tested as much as you can expect and he still had a line of players he was about to work through. Earlier in this pandemic there were news reports of a few hairdressers with flagrant covid synptoms and they found almost no transmission despite that if both barber/client were masked so the Chiefs likely would be fine but what a disaster if they weren't. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/two-chiefs-players-clipped-by-barber-s-positive-covid-19-test

On 2/2/2021 at 6:25 PM, purplemonster said:

This is a hyperlink from the above but a much better story. Shows how insidious this is. The barber got tested as much as you can expect and he still had a line of players he was about to work through. Earlier in this pandemic there were news reports of a few hairdressers with flagrant covid synptoms and they found almost no transmission despite that if both barber/client were masked so the Chiefs likely would be fine but what a disaster if they weren't. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/two-chiefs-players-clipped-by-barber-s-positive-covid-19-test

I was reading more about this, how the center (Kilgore?) was in the chair getting his hair cut, when they found out the rapid test for the barber from that morning came back positive. A group of 20 or so players/staff were waiting, including Mahomes. Robinson had gotten his hair cut the day before (Saturday) and was also put in COVID protocol since he had extended close contact. I suspect the rapid test was a false positive, and they were just being extra careful. 

I have not heard any follow up, if the barber every conclusively tested positive or not. I recall many reports of false positives involving high profile individuals, including Ohio Gov DeWine before attending some event last year. In most cases the full antibody test given shortly after the positive rapid test comes back negative. 

Initially many people including me were saying it was stupid of these guys to go out and get haircuts a week before the SB, since almost all initial reports had few details and nothing about it being done at team facilities with full PPE and advance testing. 

56 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I was reading more about this, how the center (Kilgore?) was in the chair getting his hair cut, when they found out the rapid test for the barber from that morning came back positive. A group of 20 or so players/staff were waiting, including Mahomes. Robinson had gotten his hair cut the day before (Saturday) and was also put in COVID protocol since he had extended close contact. I suspect the rapid test was a false positive, and they were just being extra careful. 

I have not heard any follow up, if the barber every conclusively tested positive or not. I recall many reports of false positives involving high profile individuals, including Ohio Gov DeWine before attending some event last year. In most cases the full antibody test given shortly after the positive rapid test comes back negative. 

Initially many people including me were saying it was stupid of these guys to go out and get haircuts a week before the SB, since almost all initial reports had few details and nothing about it being done at team facilities with full PPE and advance testing. 

Yeah right, good points.  That's why I linked the fuller story, makes a lot more sense.  I think Reid's mom is a physician. He takes science seriously so I'd be surprised if he was running such a slipshod operation right before the SB