[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams asking about Wentz

darin3

Heard on NFLN this morning that the QB carousel continues to spin and the latest name being thrown out there is Carson Wentz.  A lot of folks think that the hiring of Nick Sirriani meant that Wentz was likely to stay, but who knows.

I am going to throw out a dark horse here.... New Orleans.

Saints claim that Winston is "in the conversation" and we all know how much they "love" Hill, but I think Sean Payton would welcome a talent like Wentz into the room.  

I dunno, just a thought.

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Heard on NFLN this morning that the QB carousel continues to spin and the latest name being thrown out there is Carson Wentz.  A lot of folks think that the hiring of Nick Sirriani meant that Wentz was likely to stay, but who knows.

I am going to throw out a dark horse here.... New Orleans.

Saints claim that Winston is "in the conversation" and we all know how much they "love" Hill, but I think Sean Payton would welcome a talent like Wentz into the room.  

I dunno, just a thought.

He'd be way better off there. 

I'm a Wentz fan and still think he has a ton of football left in him. But dam, I'd have a hard time passing up a first rounder if they can get it, especially if they are in full rebuild mode. I'm still not sure how the dead money is going to work though. Sometimes it's cheaper to keep her. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/2/5/22267980/eagles-news-philadelphia-received-aggressive-trade-offers-carson-wentz-news-quarterback-rumors-nfl

52 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I think the Saints are blessed with some depth there too.  

@rajncajn is my theory crazy?

Not at all. there's been some discussion on the boards about other QBs & possible trade prospects. Davenport has woefully underperformed though, so I don't know how much value he still holds. Winston is also a free agent, so he wouldn't be included in a trade. Honestly, I think it's mutually beneficial if Winston stays put and I think he starts for us next year. I would personally much rather have Wentz, I just don't see anything happening with the Saints though given the bar that's been set with the Stafford trade.

Ouch! That's gonna suck. 

"The Eagles would incur an NFL-record $33.8 million dead cap charge if they traded Wentz, but their cap picture beyond 2021 would look much better than it looks now, and Wentz’s cost to the acquiring team wouldn’t be terribly expensive for a starting QB. The new team could opt out after two more years and about $47.4 million".

Maybe they could swap DL's Davenport and Barnett in the deal.  Both have sucked and could use a "fresh start." 

Hell, now that I think of it, let's throw in Tre'Quan Smith while we're at it.  That dude is about to win the annual "Jermichael Finley" (about to break out) award for about the third year running.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

If Roseman thinks he can get anything remotely CLOSE to what Detroit got for Stafford, he's been smok'n some serious crack. He'll be LUCKY to get 1 1st. Personally, I like Wentz but it's clear he's not wanted in Philly. 

They'll get at least a 1 for him. Especially since the team taking his contract will owe NO guaranteed money and can release him at anytime. The Eagles will be eating all the dead money. That alone will cost someone's a first rounder. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Report: #Bears among teams expressing interest in Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz, who's expected to be traded in the next week

Supposedly, Chicago has put together one of the best offers and is the likely destination and it could be announced right after the SB.