[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players you are targeting next year

purplemonster

Anybody got some thoughts on who they think will be a stud next year:

WR's

AJ Brown is a stud but still may be drafted too low  

Tee Higgins/CeeDee Lamb could turn into studs.  Jefferson already is so no use mentioning him. 

RB's

Antonio Gibson 

D'Andre Swift (supposedly will be playing WR some)

Austin Ekeler may be due for a rebound

Cam Akers 

TE: Maybe Gronk is feeling it again.  

Here's a good quiz question: which RB was #4 in fantasy points in 0.5 PPR?  David Montgomery

One RB I am not going to whiff on next year if I get a chance: Nick Chubb 

I'll probably target Miles Sanders this year. I think you'll find pretty good value there. He's in a new running back friendly system and catches a lot of balls. Look for a breakout season. 

Besides the obvious names I'd expect Zeke to bounce back strong. And a strong year for Akers, Jonathan Taylor and of course a huge year out of James Robinson with Trevor Lawrence. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 11:25 AM, purplemonster said:

Anybody got some thoughts on who they think will be a stud next year:

WR's

AJ Brown is a stud but still may be drafted too low  

Tee Higgins/CeeDee Lamb could turn into studs.  Jefferson already is so no use mentioning him. 

RB's

Antonio Gibson 

D'Andre Swift (supposedly will be playing WR some)

Austin Ekeler may be due for a rebound

Cam Akers 

TE: Maybe Gronk is feeling it again.  

No way Brown goes too low. Still kicking myself for not drafting him when I had the chance. 

Sell high on Gronk if you can find anyone willing to bite.

Gibson is a possibility,  he's shown the talent,  but I'm not confident with the team he's stuck on. 

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

No way Brown goes too low. Still kicking myself for not drafting him when I had the chance. 

Saw Brown looking at me in the 5th round of my main league 0.5 PPR - nobody wanted the guy. Me neither but early 5th rnd cmon. 

The rest was history. Not sure how I feel about the change in OC tbh but if AJ can stay healthy he should be solid again. 

I like Ekeler for a rebound. I like whichever rookie RB hype train gets going post-draft - I'm a sucker for this stupidity every year.

One player I'm not targeting but looking to take a gamble on  after say the 6th or 7th round is Seattle's RB Rashad Penny. Don't think the Seahawks are gonna go with Carson and Penny will be in the last year of his rookie contract. They spent a high draft pick on him and when he was healthy had some production. They'll want to see what they spent that draft pick on and give him the opportunity to carry the rock. I think he could be a later round pick that could pay big dividends. Since Wilson's harping on protection they'll get players to strengthen the O-line which will benefit Penny also.

Edited by Docniner
  • Like 1