[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams asking about Russell Wilson

Wolverines Fan

9 hours ago, DMD said:

I'd be shocked. Wilson isn't happy with the offense but Seattle is not going to move the best part of their team.

Yep just seems like more off season drama to keep NFL fans following the sport. If they don't trade him they need to get some better blocking to help him, play calling was also crappy causing the whole offense to shrivel (average points per game 34.5 in first 8 , 23.125 in second 8). 

I'd be for him going to any team NOT in the NFC West. He's been a thorn in the 49ers side for a number of years. Seems like every time we play against him he's runs around and does pretty much what he wants against. Yeah we have won some games against him but not many. I highly doubt he goes anywhere this year or even in a couple of years but he is NOT a happy camper right now..I can understand his frustration and hope it continues,lol, for the.49ers sake.

If Seattle does trade him, they better get a haul of picks and players.    I just don't see any team offering that much or Wilson being happy going to a team that just gutted themselves for his service.  

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

He's reportedly not requesting/demanding a trade, but since he has a no-trade clause.... the teams he's supposedly OK with going to are Dallas, Las Vegas, New Orleans and Chicago.

All of Chicago would have heart attacks if Russell Wilson ended up there. 

15 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Yeah, weird right?  I guess he thinks the defense would be solid and A-Rob would likely stay and stud FA's would want to go there if he goes there.  :shrug: 

I guess for me it's just bias. All I've seen from Chicago is 3 yards and a cloud of dust. lol Cutler tried but was passionless about anything other than smoking, McMahon brought passion but less than stellar skills and won with defense. It just seemed to me that passing is an afterthought and not a priority in the game plan. I wonder what they would do with Wilson. I gotta admit I'd like to find out. 

I would read that article from The Athletic about Wilson and the Seahawks. Sounds like alot of panties are in a bunch up there.

The thing is these massive QB contracts really limit how much else a team can do to assemble a Super Bowl caliber franchise. Wilson wants an o-line, stars on defense, and good young offensive players. Well, you can't have those things when you're handing out $140 million contracts to the QB.

Pete Carroll seems past his sell-by date, to be honest. The new NFL offenses seem to be passing him by.

8 minutes ago, darin3 said:

What ever happened to that one Huddler Bill Swerski.  I don't think I hated someone so much one day and then liked him the next.  Well, maybe except @gilthorp  :oldunsure: 

That's for sure. Grits could fill that role too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I know, but Bill Swerski is the name of one of the Bears "Super Fans" from SNL.  If my memory serves....

They were actually called Bill Swerski's Superfans. That was a great sketch, my family lived in NW Indiana when I was born and my older brothers were Bears fans, plus our name ended in "ski" making it all that more close to home. George Wendt and Chris Farley really fit the mold. The heart attacks were hilarious. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Swerski's_Superfans

I mean its great rumor bait for the offseason, but so far we've had Stafford, Watson, Donald, Wentz, Carr, Mariota, Rodgers, and Garoppolo in rumors to go along with Wilson and implications of Tua and Bridgewater being available as parts in these trade rumors.  I mean that's a lot.  Stafford and Wentz are obviously done, and I can see backup Mariota getting moved, but I'd be surprised if there's two more trades done for those remaining that were mentioned (Watson, Wilson, Donald, Carr, Rodgers, Garoppolo, Tua, Bridgewater).  Watson probably has the best chance out of that list but think that chance is a bit smaller then its current perception.  Four + starting QB trades would be simply unprecedented. 

23 minutes ago, Def. said:

I mean its great rumor bait for the offseason, but so far we've had Stafford, Watson, Donald, Wentz, Carr, Mariota, Rodgers, and Garoppolo in rumors to go along with Wilson and implications of Tua and Bridgewater being available as parts in these trade rumors.  I mean that's a lot.  Stafford and Wentz are obviously done, and I can see backup Mariota getting moved, but I'd be surprised if there's two more trades done for those remaining that were mentioned (Watson, Wilson, Donald, Carr, Rodgers, Garoppolo, Tua, Bridgewater).  Watson probably has the best chance out of that list but think that chance is a bit smaller then its current perception.  Four + starting QB trades would be simply unprecedented. 

Not that it moves the needle much, but two things: one, you forgot Goff (as part of the Stafford move), and Mariota's contract is going to prove to be too cumbersome for him to move, I'm guessing.

But yeah, it's going to be a busy off-season for QB movement and then once the draft happens, there are a handful of legit, day-one starters in this draft class.