Wolverines Fan

Teams asking about Russell Wilson

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

You diffuse the situation and try to make your Star Hall of Fame Franchise Player happy at all costs. Where the hell are the Seahawks without Wilson??? Let's be honest. 

They don't need to do it in public, if they fail to make Wilson happy and retain his services for the future then you can blast them as incompetent idiots. Until then you just sound like a Wilson cheerleader. But then you've already got him in the HOF, doubt that's a widely held view. But then most of your views are unique. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

But then you've already got him in the HOF, doubt that's a widely held view. But then most of your views are unique. 

C'mon Steve. He's not a Hall of Famer? Now you're just disagreeing to disagree. 

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

i agree, and not to be difficult to steve.

Wilson is one of my all time favorites. Which is probably why I'm biased towards the team doing whatever it takes to make him happy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm saying I don't think he's a lock to get in. You apparently think otherwise. Brees and Brady are locks, Rodgers too (but I'd put him behind those two). Wilson is very good, and has done a lot for that franchise. 

Ok after reviewing info below he probably gets in. I looked at his score and it seemed well below the average (inflated by guys like Favre , Manning).  But then I'd ask, Cam Newton isn't that far behind Wilson, is he a HOFer too?  And that score is still ahead of current HOFers Aikman and Kelly. Other current era players with high scores Rivers, Ryan, Eli  and from decades ago Ken Anderson. 

Have you ever used the Pro Football Reference site and looked at their HOF monitor?  For QBs the average HOF QB is 104.18

Here is a link for Wilson  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm#all_59220409

Brady - 250.94 (Peyton Manning is #1 on list at 258)

Rodgers - 163.72

Brees - 140.5

Wilson - 74.20 25th among QB

Here's a link listing the QBs in order of that score

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_QB.htm

23 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

They don't need to do it in public, if they fail to make Wilson happy and retain his services for the future then you can blast them as incompetent idiots. Until then you just sound like a Wilson cheerleader. But then you've already got him in the HOF, doubt that's a widely held view. But then most of your views are unique. 

Oh come on now. Wilson is a franchise QB and a clear Hall of Famer if he stays on this trajectory.

You simply don't trade those guys in their prime - ever.   

You are forgiven, however, as a Browns fan.  Seeing as you would not know what a franchise quarterback looks like.

Just now, Chief Dick said:

Oh come on now. Wilson is a franchise QB and a clear Hall of Famer if he stays on this trajectory.

You simply don't trade those guys in their prime - ever.   

You are forgiven, however, as a Browns fan.  Seeing as you would not know what a franchise quarterback looks like.

Ahh yes the old "you're a Browns fan what do you know" nonsense. You're better than this, don't stoop to that level. And read my last post with a ton of good information. 

PS  We have our franchise QB he and the rest of the Browns went toe-to-toe with your former champions, gave them a better battle than the Bills did. 

• Like 1

Just now, stevegrab said:

We have our franchise QB

Who? Cleveland was calling for his head the first half of last season. He's not a franchise QB, he's barely average. Refer to your charts. 

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

PS  We have our franchise QB he and the rest of the Browns went toe-to-toe with your former champions, gave them a better battle than the Bills did. 

I don't know if he's franchise yet, but I'm trying to acquire him in dynasty. I think he's a great buy "low" candidate.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Who? Cleveland was calling for his head the first half of last season. He's not a franchise QB, he's barely average. Refer to your charts. 

I wasn't calling for his head, maybe some dopes on the radio or fanboy msg boards you frequent were. 

He is not barely average, you're just trolling again.

The charts I posted earlier were about HOF players, I have never said Mayfield is anything close to HOF or even elite/great status.

Some people seem to think franchise QB = elite, so there are maybe 5-10 in the NFL at best. I think there are far more, and a QB that can help a team win is a franchise QB.  This is a team sport, you don't need elite talent at every position. The Browns have elite players at several positions, and plenty of talent to win. You must still think they are coming off an 0-16 season or something. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

But then you've already got him in the HOF, doubt that's a widely held view. But then most of your views are unique. 

Unique? You called me out for saying Wilson is a future Hall of Famer and then you agree with me? 

I think this will just about kill the Wilson trade talks.  

Carlos Dunlap says Russell Wilson told him he'll be a Seahawk in 2021 before Dunlap signed a new contract. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31205158/carlos-dunlap-says-russell-wilson-told-here-stay-seattle-seahawks

According to the story Wilson also encouraged RB Chris Carson to resign with the team. I doubt he's BSing these guys, doesn't seem like that kind of guy.