[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Vincent Jackson

Wolverines Fan

He was retired and this has nothing to do with fantasy football, so no reason to create a thread to discuss things that could go south. Just kidding...   ;)

Jesus christ, just awful, 38 years old. What a shame. Wonder what the cause of death will be?

• Confused 1

Just now, irish said:

He was retired and this has nothing to do with fantasy football, so no reason to create a thread to discuss things that could go south. Just kidding...   ;)

Jesus christ, just awful, 38 years old. What a shame. Wonder what the cause of death will be?

You know this is different from Mr. TMZ giving us gossip like we're checking out in the grocery store. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Living in a hotel for the past month of his life.  Man that doesn't sound so good. 

Hard to say, I've known people that had legit reasons for doing it (one a home remodeling after flooding another lost their rental and could not find something suitable quickly enough). 

29 minutes ago, Shaft said:

You know this is different from Mr. TMZ giving us gossip like we're checking out in the grocery store. 

Yes, I do, was just seeing if you were alive and kicking. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

These type of posts do nothing for the site because it has nothing to do with fantasy football. He's not even in the league anymore. It takes our discussion to places it doesn't need to go.

That's fair TMZ, but this is clearly different and you know it. But it's fair to use my words against me here.

• Confused 1

I was him 2 years ago. Albeit not a football star or anything. Alcoholism is an unrelenting disease. Like any other addiction, it does not discriminate. I don't want to make any judgments, but from my experience, it looks and sounds like major depression and alcoholism. I, too, was living in a hotel room before I got the help I needed. I was headed down the same road. Very sad and tragic and yet it happens hundreds of times every day. It's only when it happens to someone in the social spotlight that we even hear about it. Other than that, most don't really care and just live their lives. 

Edited by tazinib1

36 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

I was him 2 years ago. Albeit not a football star or anything. Alcoholism is an unrelenting disease. Like any other addiction, it does not discriminate. I don't want to make any judgments, but from my experience, it looks and sounds like major depression and alcoholism. I, too, was living in a hotel room before I got the help I needed. I was headed down the same road. Very sad and tragic and yet it happens hundreds of times every day. It's only when it happens to someone in the social spotlight that we even hear about it. Other than that, most don't really care and just live their lives. 

I remember that Taz when talking to you. Glad you got up off the mat. As an individual surrounded by family members who were alcoholics and addicts, I've been to my fair share of AA meetings and have even seen the struggles of family members who were living in the same house I was trying to get and stay sober. It was a constant battle and, as they put it, a battle you have to fight every day of your life for the rest of your life. If you don't, you'll find yourself back in the same hole. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Very sad and tragic and yet it happens hundreds of times every day. It's only when it happens to someone in the social spotlight that we even hear about it. Other than that, most don't really care and just live their lives. 

Truer words have never been spoken.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 3:14 PM, tazinib1 said:

You're the man dude. Period.

• Like 1