[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wentz to Colts for 3rd and...

Finn5033

17 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Good deal for both sides.  And, I like Wentz's chances of succeeding a lot better in IND than in CHI (although it would have been nice, as a MIN fan, to watch him continue to struggle in CHI).  :lol:

Agreed, he would have been terrible in Chicago.  Not that the weapons in Indy are incredible but the support Wentz will get there will allow him to get back to being a solid QB, I think.

19 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Good deal for both sides.  And, I like Wentz's chances of succeeding a lot better in IND than in CHI (although it would have been nice, as a MIN fan, to watch him continue to struggle in CHI).  :lol:

I agree. plus, chicago is a qb graveyard

12 minutes ago, DMD said:

But did IND pick up that monster salary? They have some optimism. More than I have.

I don't know the details on the salary, but I know that Wentz is, at the very least, an upgrade over what they had at QB before this deal.  Best case, Wentz has an awakening and gets back to what he was before (or at least close).  If he does that, they're in immediate contention in the AFC, with a superior defense and rushing attack to KC.  Leadership-wise, Rivers might have been superior to Wentz.  Talent-wise, though, the Colts accomplished what they did last year despite Rivers, not because of him.  Barring a major disaster, they can only improve with a QB who has WAY more left in the tank (and a better arm) than Rivers had.

11 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Agreed, he would have been terrible in Chicago.  Not that the weapons in Indy are incredible but the support Wentz will get there will allow him to get back to being a solid QB, I think.

They're not incredible, but they're good enough.  Certainly as good as what he was working with in Philly 3-4 years ago.  But, yeah, I think it's all about the support he'll get, both in terms of coaching and offensive line protection.  

14 minutes ago, Gopher said:

They're not incredible, but they're good enough.  Certainly as good as what he was working with in Philly 3-4 years ago.  But, yeah, I think it's all about the support he'll get, both in terms of coaching and offensive line protection.  

That's true.  I'm glad I held on to him and didn't trade him for peanuts in one of my dynasty leagues.  I also have Darnold in that league and now have to hope he goes somewhere where he can have a Tannehill-like resurrection.

Sounds like a good deal for the Eagles. More than I thought they'd get 

Edit: At first I thought both picks could turn into better picks but I was wrong.  The 3rd rounder is this year. The 2022 pick becomes a 1st with 75% playing time or 70% and playoffs, which if Wentz plays anywhere decently and doesn't get injured should happen. If he doesn't meet those metrics than prob best the Eagles got rid of him anyway.

Seems like a fair deal, but for a guy who wanted to be gone still not a bad haul for the Eagles

Edited by purplemonster

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Now he's a fantasy stud? I'm discussing the trade in CONTEXT to the thread you're in. Hurts may be a fantasy stud (someday). It doesn't mean he's winning games - AKA Jameis Winston. 

:lol: Man you're dense.  Read my post again.  The CONTEXT of which I was speaking was clearly about fantasy football, since this is, in fact, a fantasy football forum.

13 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I mean it's all going to hinge on how well Wentz plays right. Hard to grade a trade when if Wentz fixes his issues it's a good deal for the Colts, if he stinks then not so good. But either way not disastrous so seems pretty fair. 

Agree. And unfortunately it had to be done. Between the cap situation and bad contracts Philly is inline for a total purge the next couple years. I really do hate to see him go but at least they got some sort of value. They'll probably take a QB at 6 now.