[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wentz to Colts for 3rd and...

Finn5033

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Agreed, he would have been terrible in Chicago.  Not that the weapons in Indy are incredible but the support Wentz will get there will allow him to get back to being a solid QB, I think.

Exactly. 

And the same coaching staff that couldn't develop Mitch Trubisky isn't good enough to rebuild Wentz's trashed confidence.

• Like 1

Landing in Indy is the best casescenario for Wentz. Familiarity with Reich, a decent running game, decent receivers, better O-line, better defense should be all he needs to succeed. Now, it's on him. He does have physical talent when he's healthy but Reich needs to get his head screwed on right. If he struggles with the game mentally  then all the talent he has won't be enough. I hope he does well in Indy.

20 hours ago, Docniner said:

Landing in Indy is the best casescenario for Wentz. Familiarity with Reich, a decent running game, decent receivers, better O-line, better defense should be all he needs to succeed. Now, it's on him. He does have physical talent when he's healthy but Reich needs to get his head screwed on right. If he struggles with the game mentally  then all the talent he has won't be enough. I hope he does well in Indy.

I agree. Philly was a mess. He had nothing to work with and the O-Line was patchworked with practice squad stiffs. And Doug Pederson's offense did nothing to utilize his talents either. If it doesn't work in Indy it won't work anywhere. I think it was a good deal for Indy. 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

If it does work in Indy, it'll make phi front office look bad

Well, get ready, cause that's definitely a situation I can see things going very well. Great o- line, opportunistic D, Taylor at RB is a beast, get some more weapons or develop what they have further at WR and they will surely compete. 

6 hours ago, irish said:

Well, get ready, cause that's definitely a situation I can see things going very well. Great o- line, opportunistic D, Taylor at RB is a beast, get some more weapons or develop what they have further at WR and they will surely compete. 

Thing is, same was true for Philip Rivers and he was only #19 last year. Granted, he was old but I expected more from Rivers for the same reasons.

There's been plenty of good QBs in bad situations, but their skills never seemed to erode like Wentz. I hope the best for him because he was just inside the Top-10 for QBs twice in his career and battled injuries several other years. With so many options in the draft and free agency, surprising that a team wants to acquire that salary this year with the hope that maybe he stays healthy and returns to past form after looking ill-suited for the job. Again - I hope he does well but if he somehow does improve, stay healthy and revert to form, then the Colts got their money's worth only in the best case situation.

3 hours ago, DMD said:

Thing is, same was true for Philip Rivers and he was only #19 last year. Granted, he was old but I expected more from Rivers for the same reasons.

There's been plenty of good QBs in bad situations, but their skills never seemed to erode like Wentz. I hope the best for him because he was just inside the Top-10 for QBs twice in his career and battled injuries several other years. With so many options in the draft and free agency, surprising that a team wants to acquire that salary this year with the hope that maybe he stays healthy and returns to past form after looking ill-suited for the job. Again - I hope he does well but if he somehow does improve, stay healthy and revert to form, then the Colts got their money's worth only in the best case situation.

That says it all. Rivers looked shot at the end of the previous year with the Chargers, I truly didn't expect a great year out of him in Indy and got about what I expected. 

4 hours ago, DMD said:

There's been plenty of good QBs in bad situations, but their skills never seemed to erode like Wentz.

But did they? He still has all the physical traits that he's always had. I don't think his skills diminished at all, confidence yes. If you go back and look at the tape nobody could get open or get separation. He had nothing to throw to. Throw a makeshift offensive line into the mix and that's what you got. Jalen Hurts wasn't much better, I think he had a 41 QBR, completed 52% of his passes and went 1-4. Much the same. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 10:53 PM, League_Champion said:

But did they? He still has all the physical traits that he's always had. I don't think his skills diminished at all, confidence yes. If you go back and look at the tape nobody could get open or get separation. He had nothing to throw to. Throw a makeshift offensive line into the mix and that's what you got. Jalen Hurts wasn't much better, I think he had a 41 QBR, completed 52% of his passes and went 1-4. Much the same. 

Hurts only looked a bit better because he could scramble and gain yards and first downs with his legs. Wentz would look around then get clobbered.