[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins have interest in Aaron Jones?

Big John

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Yup, makes perfect sense and Dillon looked pretty solid. 

1 hour ago, hezagenius said:

Miami shipping Gaskin away then?  Or will Jones end up in another timeshare?

4 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Gaskin is not going to take carries away from Jones if Jones goes to the Dolphins.

With how gaskin looked last year, seems like an odd area of focus for MIA.

18 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Gaskin is not going to take carries away from Jones if Jones goes to the Dolphins.

Plus he hasn't been in a time share since his 2nd year in 2018 when it was a near 50-50 split with Jamaal Williams. He's shown to be a dominant guy who can carry the load. 

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I agree, but I do like Gaskins. The Dolphin have a plethora of good draft picks. Does it really make sense for them to break the bank on Jones though? I wouldn't. 

Edited by League_Champion

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The Dolphins can get Etienne or Najee Harris at 18. Why would they overpay for Aaron Jones? 

Agreed but if they can get Jones and fill another need at 18, they may like that option better. 

On 2/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, millworkguy said:

That's Miami for you

No joke.  I cannot understand the way they manage players.  It's like a formula for minimizing their potential and then making trades to ruin other players too.   MIA reminds me of the movie Major League.

On 3/9/2021 at 5:37 PM, League_Champion said:

The Dolphins can get Etienne or Najee Harris at 18. Why would they overpay for Aaron Jones? 

Running backs are not worth 1st round picks.  They're also not worth the money Jones is probably looking for. 

Churn and burn them. 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree totally. That being said I'd much rather have Etienne or Harris over Jones at this point. 

Well luckily it's not either or...now hopefully management is smart enough to realize that.  They have burned me before though.  :unsure:

I'm not local so I can't say confidently.  Personally I think he's a JAG, does well against bad teams gets absolutely swallowed by good D's.  Did well catching out of the backfield last year but that may be more due to the lack of pass catching bodies on the field.  Hes not a game changer in my view. :2cents:

18 minutes ago, Def. said:

I'm not local so I can't say confidently.  Personally I think he's a JAG, does well against bad teams gets absolutely swallowed by good D's.  Did well catching out of the backfield last year but that may be more due to the lack of pass catching bodies on the field.  Hes not a game changer in my view. :2cents:

Also not local but from what I've seen/heard/read, Gaskin is definitely a JAG.  If Miami is going to contend with Buffalo (and New England, if they suddenly are "back", like many experts think they can be), then they are going to need a solid, if not spectacular, run game, to keep pressure off Tua.

I think Etienne would be the guy they'd be after, but are they willing to expend a first to get him?  If not, Jones is solid enough to hold down the fort there for 3-4 years.