LordOpie

Fan controlled football league!

I just heard because i read Josh Gordon joined the league with Johnny Manuel

Fans vote on play calling, penalties, team names, draft players...

7v7 

fcf.io

Two games on tonight

It's arena football controlled by fans

I'd love to see Marshawn Lynch play half a game as a guest player

Johnny Manziel and Josh Gordon teammates once again lol. What could possibly go wrong???? 

Just booze, weed, and coke. Nothing to see here folks. Keep it moving. 

17 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Johnny Manziel and Josh Gordon teammates once again lol. What could possibly go wrong???? 

Their team is the Zappers, just zap them already ;) 

I guess Josh has finally given up on getting back to the NFL, I doubt this league cares about smoking weed and drinking when you're supposed to be on the wagon. Heck maybe the fans get to pick the type of weed and cocktail, or even join the players for a post game party session. 

On 2/27/2021 at 6:34 PM, LordOpie said:

Two games on tonight

It's arena football controlled by fans

I'd rather watch reruns of Gilligan's Island 

• Like 1

Yeah my interest level in this is less than 0, if that’s even possible.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

What's a rerun? ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, heehawks said:

What's a rerun? ;)

Ask your grandparents ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So don't?

21 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Sounds like fun

Anybody have any idea why people try to start a new football league every few years? Publicity? Tax write off?  manures and giggles?  Just for fun?  I don't get it because it always seems doomed to fail from the get go.  

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Anybody have any idea why people try to start a new football league every few years? Publicity? Tax write off?  manures and giggles?  Just for fun?  I don't get it because it always seems doomed to fail from the get go.  

They probably all think they're brighter than the last person that tried it. They think there is some big market for football from February to August. I don't get it, after the SB I move on to other sports, as I expect most sports fans do. NFL is the thing I follow the closest, but I have other interests and don't need mediocre football to fill the NFL off-season.

I'm surprised any league survives long, I believe the current arena league has been around for a while with decent success and continuity from year to year. It seems the trend now is spring football, with as may stupid gimmicks as you can come up with to generate fan interest. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

They probably all think they're brighter than the last person that tried it. They think there is some big market for football from February to August. I don't get it, after the SB I move on to other sports, as I expect most sports fans do. NFL is the thing I follow the closest, but I have other interests and don't need mediocre football to fill the NFL off-season.

That's pretty much where I am. Part of the fun of football season is that I anticipate it each year and it isn't on all year round. Mediocre football is not my idea of a good time. 

It's the same reason I have some trepidation about expanding the season because the fun of football is every game means something and I get the feeling they are trying to squeeze the golden goose too much. I tune out baseball, basketball, and hockey because there are too many games (maybe I dont like them as much too, but it is part of it). 17 games isn't a huge jump but I sense the push to keep milking it. 

12 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

That's pretty much where I am. Part of the fun of football season is that I anticipate it each year and it isn't on all year round. Mediocre football is not my idea of a good time. 

It's the same reason I have some trepidation about expanding the season because the fun of football is every game means something and I get the feeling they are trying to squeeze the golden goose too much. I tune out baseball, basketball, and hockey because there are too many games (maybe I dont like them as much too, but it is part of it). 17 games isn't a huge jump but I sense the push to keep milking it. 

Considering it took over 40 years for the this expansion in number of games I'm not too worried about them adding more again soon. (That plus I'm not a young man so who knows how much longer I'm around or cognizant of what's going on.)  I worry more about expanding the number of teams, the current 32 allows for a very well balanced schedule. The addition of the 17th game will mean more interconference matchups of top teams like KC-GB, of course you also get the flip side with games like DEN-DET. I also hope it allows them to use some of those extra home games for their international (London, Mexico City, etc.) series if they continue that. 

At least they sound like they thought about many of the issues and have a decent plan for it, specifically with one conference getting the extra home game one season, then the other conference gets it, that way there is not advantage when competing for playoff seeding with one team having more home games. 

PS  When I watched a lot of other sports (mostly NBA when Cavs were hot, MLB during Indians success) I could barely watch games for my own team, and with MLB rarely watched more than 1-2 per week. But with NFL I watch just about every game that is broadcast to me. And this past year I started watching extended YouTube highlights (on the NFL channel) to catch up on games I missed. 

Coin flip? Nope. Rock paper scissors.

47 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Karaoke Contest, a dance off? 

Settles ties.

Posted (edited)

Zapp Brannigan beats the Beatles.  Josh Gordon could be high as a kite and still dominate this league

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1