[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andy Dalton to The Bears

League_Champion

·
Former Cowboys' QB Andy Dalton is signing a one-year, $10 million deal, with the chance to earn another $3 million in incentives, with the Chicago Bears, per

Edited by League_Champion

Bears' fans are pissed, this is not a solution or upgrade at QB. They have to hope the red rifle is being brought in as a backup. 

4 minutes ago, irish said:

Bears' fans are pissed, this is not a solution or upgrade at QB. They have to hope the red rifle is being brought in as a backup. 

Yup, I was just listening to Chicago Sports Talk. They are soo pssssd. This now forces them to trade up for a QB in the draft. Pace is an absolute idiot. 

2 hours ago, chester said:

As a Packer fan: :D

$10 million...

It's bridge QB money.  Amount doesn't bother, the signing is not well liked though.  They'll draft a project after the 1st round and wing it this year, probably reset the GM/coach after the season and make another push for Wilson when the cap is more friendly and it won't cost Seattle so much to trade him. 

11 hours ago, Def. said:

Course, they could (the really bad word) themselves and let Pace make another horrible trade up for the wrong choice.  Wouldn't surprise. 

Honestly, if they blow a bunch of draft capital (3rds, 4ths, which could be turned into nice project players), on a move-up for a player that could have been available later (a la the Trubisky blunder), I will seriously consider finding a new team to root for.  I almost jumped ship after the Trubisky ordeal a few years ago.  I was at my favorite watering hole for that draft and went absolutely bonkers.  Had I been at a Buffalo Wild Wings or something I probably woulda been thrown out LOL

• Like 1

I wonder how many Bears fans thought Wilson was going to be signed, and that causes them to be even more pissed. 

Dalton isn't great, but for some reason he gets a lot of hatred directed at him and people act like he is one of the worst QBs ever.  

The $$ isn't the issue of course. 

Multiplying mistakes is and it appears Nagy and Pace will be riding Dalton and BDN out of town after the year is done. The ownership is cheap, and these clowns are just inept enough to think this is a good move. 

This move makes zero sense and the mediocrity will continue. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I wonder how many Bears fans thought Wilson was going to be signed, and that causes them to be even more pissed. 

Dalton isn't great, but for some reason he gets a lot of hatred directed at him and people act like he is one of the worst QBs ever.  

Because they just burned 13 million dollars. They would of been better off picking up the 5th year option on Trubisky and just hope that he finally figures it out or just roll with Foles. All 3 quarterbacks are exactly the same, garbage. Signing Dalton makes zero sense anyway they slice it. 

22 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Side thought:

How many black QBs have the Bears had?  Evans, "Slash", Henry Burress.  Am I missing any?

Jeff Blake, Kordell Stewart, Jason Campbell? That's about all I got to. For some reason I thought Rodney Pete was a Bear for a second, but no. 

Edited by League_Champion

Bears have named Dalton the #1 QB 

https://tools.thehuddle.com/player/4845/andy-dalton

Did I go into a coma and miss the 2021 NFL season?  How does Daniel Jones already have stats for 2021 :thinking:  :D

https://tools.thehuddle.com/player/56173/daniel-jones

"New York Giants QB Daniel Jones was off target on 16.8 percent of his throws in 2021, the ninth-worst mark among qualified players."