Wolverines Fan

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault, says he's innocent

Recommended Posts

You don't throw around "Sexual ASSAULT" allegations because some guy you massaged got sprung. And then claim pain & suffering, mental trauma, etc. When does it stop? If you felt so violated go file a police report and legitimize your allegations. It's funny how money would make her feel better about the whole situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there goes the Texans leverage. Deshaun is virtually untradable right now. 

 

·
NFL is reviewing the lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson under its personal conduct policy with Lisa Friel, special counsel of investigations leading investigation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Well there goes the Texans leverage. Deshaun is virtually untradable right now. 

 

·
NFL is reviewing the lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson under its personal conduct policy with Lisa Friel, special counsel of investigations leading investigation

 

It's easy to second guess the Texans here, but if they had traded him some other team would be dealing with this mess right now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Shaft said:

So none of these women filed a police report?  I am not victim blaming here, I am asking a question.  Somebody forcefully made her perform oral sex 3 months ago and she had no interaction with the police?  Why have zero people reported this instead of going through their lawyers? 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Somebody forcefully made her perform oral

she's gonna get a load... of cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

So none of these women filed a police report?  I am not victim blaming here, I am asking a question.  Somebody forcefully made her perform oral sex 3 months ago and she had no interaction with the police?  Why have zero people reported this instead of going through their lawyers? 

 

Exactly, at some point don't you have to call shenanigans? How serious can you take "Sexual Assault" allegations if there's no police report? It sounds like something definitely happened but what exactly did? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

So none of these women filed a police report?  I am not victim blaming here, I am asking a question.  Somebody forcefully made her perform oral sex 3 months ago and she had no interaction with the police?  Why have zero people reported this instead of going through their lawyers? 

I believe the estimate is 75% of assaulted women don't file a report from sexual assault.   Not being believed, victim blaming, testifying in court, and distrust of the police are some 9f the top reasons why. 

 

 Have you ever asked your wife/partner if they have ever been sexually assaulted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, millworkguy said:

I believe the estimate is 75% of assaulted women don't file a report from sexual assault.   Not being believed, victim blaming, testifying in court, and distrust of the police are some 9f the top reasons why. 

 

 Have you ever asked your wife/partner if they have ever been sexually assaulted?

 

But they'll file a lawsuit for the World to see?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, League_Champion said:

 

But they'll file a lawsuit for the World to see?? 

1 does, and others find strength in the 1sts actions.  Someone who knows what they went through, 

 

 Didn't you ever join something when you where younger?   why were you not the one to start it.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, my cousin is in jail for murdering his abuser.   30 to life, sentenced as a minor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

1 does, and others find strength in the 1sts actions.  Someone who knows what they went through, 

 

 Didn't you ever join something when you where younger?   why were you not the one to start it.   

 

So money makes it all go away? I know you're right but in this case it's all about the money, not closure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

So money makes it all go away? I know you're right but in this case it's all about the money, not closure. 

Money enables her to not take male clients, and have a slow week as a self employed professional.  money allows her to move so she doesn't have to work / walk past the spot she was allegedly abused every day, money gets her a private therapist and a safe space to process what she deems happened to her.  Money is the security blanket that gives her options to put her life back together.   

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what happened, did he roll over to scratch an itch and she moved her hand at the wrong time, is it all b.s.?  Somewhere in the middle?  of the 3 women i know who have been assaulted none have filed a police report, only 1 that I know of told a buddy of the guy and let his friends take care of it for her.  The other 2 who knows, the women may have been their only victim, they may have been 1 of 30.  But until we know more, I'll reserve judgment and trade for a better backup qb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, millworkguy said:

) "I'm sorry you felt that way..." it may leave the door open enough that with others coming forward questions about his behavior and intent become necessary. 

 

Yup, maybe he was a bad tipper? Maybe they made advances toward him? Maybe they are looking for a payday? With no Police report, hard evidence (get it?) Or witnesses it's hard for me to feel sorry for these women. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

Yup, maybe he was a bad tipper? Maybe they made advances toward him? Maybe they are looking for a payday? With no Police report, hard evidence (get it?) Or witnesses it's hard for me to feel sorry for these women. 

Victims don't need to be felt sorry for. If he did it, he did it. Does it really matter when they report it? Also civil cases are much easier to win than criminal cases, so from a legal perspective, it does make sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Victims don't need to be felt sorry for. If he did it, he did it. Does it really matter when they report it? Also civil cases are much easier to win than criminal cases, so from a legal perspective, it does make sense. 

 

Agree but without a criminal case we don't know if he did anything. The civil case will be settled out of court whether he did anything or not. So he's presumed guilty anyway you slice it. And what if he's the actual victim in all this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch Watson end up on the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Buzbee guy seems like he likes attention.  Spilling details to the press, a text leaks out. It seems like someone is trying to apply pressure to get a settlement

 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deshaun-watson-alleged-messages-one-accuser-lawyer-press-conference

https://nypost.com/2021/03/18/who-is-tony-buzbee-the-lawyer-going-after-deshaun-watson/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I believe the estimate is 75% of assaulted women don't file a report from sexual assault.   Not being believed, victim blaming, testifying in court, and distrust of the police are some 9f the top reasons why. 

 

 Have you ever asked your wife/partner if they have ever been sexually assaulted?

Yep, I get it, and you're right.  I still can't help but feel it is a money grab though in a lot of cases. There are legitimate victims, there are also opportunists. Hard to separate the two when the evidence is scant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Yep, I get it, and you're right.  I still can't help but feel it is a money grab though in a lot of cases. There are legitimate victims, there are also opportunists. Hard to separate the two when the evidence is scant. 

They can also be one in the same. Because a victim turns it into a money grab situation doesn't make them less of a victim. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shaft said:

They can also be one in the same. Because a victim turns it into a money grab situation doesn't make them less of a victim. 

And I think that's a sizable group of people.  I think the me-too movement is a great thing. Men have taken advantage of women throughout time and more frequently than not, got away with it.  But I think there needs to be presumption of innocence and careful examination of facts before we condemn someone. If we blanket assume the woman is always right it invites a lot of unseemly behavior. This is not the easiest thing to judge with behavior happening behind closed doors.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotoworld (or whatever its called now):

 

Quote

Four new lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct have been filed against Deshaun Watson.

 

The Houston Chronicle reported the new batch of suits filed by women who claim Watson engaged in misconduct during massage sessions. One of the new lawsuits alleges that Watson assaulted the same massage therapist twice in fall 2020. Six of the lawsuits accuse Watson of inappropriately touching women with his penis. He allegedly resisted wearing towels to cover his naked body during the massage sessions. The NFL has said it is investigating the allegations made against Watson, who is seeking a trade out of Houston. The league has not punished players based on civil lawsuits. 

 

Just gonna say, that's a lot of smoke...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.