Wolverines Fan

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault, says he's innocent

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Reading that email between the lawyers was somewhat painful where DW's lawyers didn't pay the 100K, but said they could talk about a lower figure for DW for getting himself into this situation. Then Buzbee withdrew it probably bc he thought better of it and found more women so the deal was no-go. This is going to cost DW a lot more than whatever he would have paid at first. 

13 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Reading that email between the lawyers was somewhat painful where DW's lawyers didn't pay the 100K, but said they could talk about a lower figure for DW for getting himself into this situation. Then Buzbee withdrew it probably bc he thought better of it and found more women so the deal was no-go. This is going to cost DW a lot more than whatever he would have paid at first. 

He's done, it's too late. Especially if he starts cutting checks now. Everybody and their Grandmother will be coming forward for a piece of that. 

Posted (edited)

From Watson's lawyer today

"Were there consensual encounters? Yes," Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, said Friday while addressing the media.

A reporter followed up with this question -- "So, you're saying on Instagram, Deshaun reached out to some of these women booking a legitimate massage and then engaged in consensual sex acts with some of these women?"

Hardin's response: "On some occasions, some sexual activities would have taken place,"

This just screams  of him being a snake.  Furthermore this is what they accepting and trying to get in front of right now.  He flies them to him, impress the sh!t out of you, and then coerces then with $ into something they normally don't do.  Entitled, spoiled, abusive behavior imo.

Asking for 100k was just his own behavior being tossed back at him.   Let me guess, his next defense will be that he stopped when they said no, and therefore only with women who said yes did it go any further and therefore consensual, but that doesn't fly with the civil suit and laws in Texas that they are going after him with:

in Texas there is a Civil Assalt law, and it is defined as :

“civil assault” under Texas civil law as “intentionally or knowingly causing physical contact with a plaintiff when the defendant knows, or should know, that the plaintiff would regard such contact as offensive.”

Such actions would include slapping someone's ass.

I bet 100K looks cheap right now.  Even 100k per is cheap right now.

Edited by millworkguy

What I don't get... aside from MANY things here.... is this guy could walk into any club in America with his entourage, point out a few hotties, have his boys go bring them over to the VIP section, get them drunk and have his choice of who to bang.  Why in a massage setting?  It's obviously some kind of fetish of his and now it's gotten him into a pile of trouble and his playing career could be over.

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

What I don't get... aside from MANY things here.... is this guy could walk into any club in America with his entourage, point out a few hotties, have his boys go bring them over to the VIP section, get them drunk and have his choice of who to bang.  Why in a massage setting?  It's obviously some kind of fetish of his and now it's gotten him into a pile of trouble and his playing career could be over.

I liked Watson, but if this is true, this is more than physical gratification. If true, he clearly has an M.O.; we've seen it before with the rich and famous. 

23 minutes ago, darin3 said:

What I don't get... aside from MANY things here.... is this guy could walk into any club in America with his entourage, point out a few hotties, have his boys go bring them over to the VIP section, get them drunk and have his choice of who to bang. 

But I get that.  How often do you find your wife sexier dressed than undressed?  He doesn't want easy...

Posted (edited)

Yeah this sounds like some sort of fetish or some power aspect. Whatever the figure is now, I suspect it is pretty high. Buzbee can inflict heavy reputational damage and cost DW many millions without stepping inside a court. 

Edited by purplemonster

The nfl hasn't done much traditionally for civil cases.  But this doesn't sit right with me.  You have the money, just pay for some role playing with a consenting professional and be done with it.  

I wonder how the 18 "massage therapists" who have now been deemed working girls (guilty through association) feel about his lawyers press conference. 

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

I wonder how the 18 "massage therapists" who have now been deemed working girls (guilty through association) feel about his lawyers press conference. 

That's gonna be the gameplan for Watson's Lawyers, to reverse the heat. To make him the victim of these "massage therapists". They wanted more money, they threatened to go public, expose him as a creep, etc. And of course they'll insist nothing sexually took place. Now that the girls must give their names watch how fast the tone changes. The Lawyer will try to expose them as gold digging whores. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

And of course they'll insist nothing sexually took place. Now that the girls must give their names watch how fast the tone changes. The Lawyer will try to expose them as gold digging whores. 

The "gold digging whores" are the ones not suing him as they took his money to pleasure him.  Those are the 18 I am referring to, the ones who signed their name saying they had a positive experience with Watson. 

13 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

The "gold digging whores" are the ones not suing him as they took his money to pleasure him.  Those are the 18 I am referring to, the ones who signed their name saying they had a positive experience with Watson. 

Hahaa. They are the good girls. Take the money, do the job and shut the F up about it. 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, darin3 said:

Yep, but doesn't that "why not just ...." type of thing apply to lots of stuff these guys get in trouble for. Michael Vick busted with his weed hidden in the bottom of a water bottle, why not pay some member of your entourage to be your weed guy. Guys driving drunk after being out, why not call a taxi or uber? Kareem Hunt getting physical with somebody in a hotel hallway, why not have one of your boys take care of that for you. 

Mostly because they're either too dumb to think of these things, or too full of themselves and think it they can do whatever they want and get away with it. That's how it was back home in HS or in college where the team had local police ready to help out when needed. 

On 4/9/2021 at 10:56 PM, millworkguy said:

So you just assume that every one of those 18 were paid for sex? And they are the gold diggers, while those pursuing civil cases against Watson which could result in major financial wind fall (not criminal cases that could lock him up) are the good people? 

Clearly Buzzbee's smear campaign on Watson is working with some people. 

51 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

So you just assume that every one of those 18 were paid for sex

That's why you go to a "whore". Whores don't talk. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

So you just assume that every one of those 18 were paid for sex? And they are the gold diggers, while those pursuing civil cases against Watson which could result in major financial wind fall (not criminal cases that could lock him up) are the good people? 

The 22 are suing for $500 each.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

So if your wife/daughter/ granddaughter goes for a photo shoot and the guy behind the lens offers them 1g/5g/10g to play with him, you think that's okay? 

Watsons lawyer has already said that is what happened.  So if 18 women said they had a great time with Watson, while 22 have said his behavior was offensive.   I dont need much more.  Buzzbee had nothing to do with my opinion at this point, Watson's lawyer just did it for him.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, millworkguy said:

So if your wife/daughter/ granddaughter goes for a photo shoot and the guy behind the lens offers them 1g/5g/10g to play with him, you think that's okay? 

Watsons lawyer has already said that is what happened.  So if 18 women said they had a great time with Watson, while 22 have said his behavior was offensive.   I dont need much more.  Buzzbee had nothing to do with my opinion at this point, Watson's lawyer just did it for him.

Watson's lawyer did not say that, not even close. He says that any sex that occurred was consensual. You're one claiming these women (the 18 who are supporting Watson) are whores, yet there are no facts to support that. Just like so far there are no facts to show that Watson did anything illegal. Actually there are few if any facts to go on so far, just a lot of legal wrangling and he said she said. 

The lawsuits may only be seeking $500 in damages, but they're looking for major cash settlements to keep it out of court. Criminal charges would come with no money at all, but those were not done.

Watson has some weird manure going on, and this is going to likely cost him his career or many large piles of money (lost earnings, settlements, etc). 

PS  As for your "so if your wife/daughter..." I suppose the macho guy answer should be "I'd go over there and smash their skulls in", but I'm a civilized person not a barbarian. Is it OK, no it isn't but not sure what it has to do with this case. Even if Watson offered the women giving him a massage money to play with him that isn't what's being alleged. 

Edited by stevegrab

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Watson's lawyer did not say that, not even close. He says that any sex that occurred was consensual. You're one claiming these women (the 18 who are supporting Watson) are whores, yet there are no facts to support that. 

Except for the fact the 18 where paid to give him a massage, while being paid they agreed to engage in sexual activity.  Being paid for sexual activity makes one a ...

Actually I didn't call them whores, I quoted LC's label.

5 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Except for the fact the 18 where paid to give him a massage, while being paid they agreed to engage in sexual activity.  Being paid for sexual activity makes one a ...

Or maybe they were paid to give a message and had consensual sex that did not involve receiving money. There are NO FACTS presented yet to prove it one way or the other. 

And actually you did call them whores, you said 

On 4/9/2021 at 10:56 PM, millworkguy said:

LC labeled the ones suing Watson whores, you flipped that and labeled those defending him the same. Doesn't matter if he used it first and you quoted him. Maybe you could try meaning what you say or else don't say it, instead of backpedaling (poorly I might add) later. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Or maybe they were paid to give a message and had consensual sex that did not involve receiving money. There are NO FACTS presented yet to prove it one way or the other. 

And actually you did call them whores, you said 

LC labeled the ones suing Watson whores, you flipped that and labeled those defending him the same. Doesn't matter if he used it first and you quoted him. Maybe you could try meaning what you say or else don't say it, instead of backpedaling (poorly I might add) later. 

Are you actually saying that you consider his actions ethical and good?  Would you proposition your secretary or house cleaner or are you just playing devil's advocate?

35 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Don't blow me into your nonesense, haha. 

25 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

LC labeled the ones suing Watson whores,

No I didn't Steve. I said that's why you go to a Whore, whores don't talk. If he went to whores this wouldn't be a conversation. Now apologize. 

• Haha 1