[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault, says he's innocent

Wolverines Fan

38 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Nope not saying anything like that, and why you assume that I'm defending Watson and all his actions. 

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Clearly Buzzbee's smear campaign on Watson is working with some people. 

Its only a smear campaign if you believe Watson 

Edited by millworkguy

36 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Its only a smear campaign if you believe Watson 

I don't think either side is that believable. Watson's attorney saying "any sex was consensual" is not admitting that Watson paid women to have sex, which seems to be your take on it. Its certainly possible, but its not an admission of guilt. 

38 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yes, and he will try to expose them, that's what lawyers do. Can I have an opinion to? 

Did I say you can't have an opinion? When did you become such a snowflake?  

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Dude should have done that the second the allegations came out, if that's actually the truth.

His legal team wants it to go to court now.  Of course they do.  It is SO hard to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that something happened.  

I don't think he plays this year.  I'd say there's a 30-40% chance he never plays again.

17 hours ago, darin3 said:

Dude should have done that the second the allegations came out, if that's actually the truth.

His legal team wants it to go to court now.  Of course they do.  It is SO hard to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that something happened.  

I don't think he plays this year.  I'd say there's a 30-40% chance he never plays again.

As soon as the first cases were filed he claimed his innocence, to me that's the same as saying the people accusing him are lying. Sounds like his attorney was waiting to get names of the accusers to build the case showing their statements in the lawsuit do not mesh with their actions and words prior to that. 

Watson was screwed from the day this all started, few are going to believe he is completely innocent, his career and entire future will be negatively impacted. Possibly because he's a perverted freak, or maybe just because somebody with money has a score to settle with him. 

If his attorney has evidence to back up the claims made in that article they can probably make most of the legal issues go away. But that won't remove the public perception, and those who will want a pound of flesh regardless. 

21 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yup, like everything else checks will be cut and it will mysteriously go away like it never happened. The only thing tainted will be Watson's reputation. 

I think if that were going to happen it would have happened already.