[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AJ Green to AZ

Shorttynaz

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Hahaa, no doubt! Have they lost their minds in AZ? They've been overpaying for everyone this offseason. 

Man you are a strange bird.  $8MM for Green?  I think that could be a major bargain playing opposite Hopkins.... and this probably means Fitzgerald is going to hang 'em up.

Just now, darin3 said:

Man you are a strange bird.  $8MM for Green?  I think that could be a major bargain playing opposite Hopkins.... and this probably means Fitzgerald is going to hang 'em up.

Could mean that or they can go with Hop and Fitz and play Green part time hoping to keep him healthy. 

1 minute ago, irish said:

Could mean that or they can go with Hop and Fitz and play Green part time hoping to keep him healthy. 

And if Green does stay healthy, I would suspect that Fitz plays third fiddle.  Green has a LOT left in the tank.

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

And if Green does stay healthy, I would suspect that Fitz plays third fiddle.  Green has a LOT left in the tank.

I agree with this mostly, however, I don't think Green has "A LOT" left in the tank for full time use or tremendous use, as he'd breakdown quickly. But he could have A LOT left in the tank for a more limited or part time role. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

What have you seen from AJ Green in the last 3 years that makes you believe he's got ANYTHING left? 

Plenty.  He posted terrible numbers last year but his play dropped off significantly once Burrow got hurt.

I'd like to see what he does as the WR2 with a QB like Murray.

Perfect risk/reward pick late in drafts.

2 minutes ago, irish said:

I agree with this mostly, however, I don't think Green has "A LOT" left in the tank for full time use or tremendous use, as he'd breakdown quickly. But he could have A LOT left in the tank for a more limited or part time role. 

Maybe "A LOT" is hyperbole but he definitely can play 2-3 more years at a decent level, especially considering the past few years he has seen limited usage.

As a WR2/3 for ARI he could have some nice games.  Perfect for like your WR4 in a best ball format or if you're deep at WR in regular formats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Plenty.  He posted terrible numbers last year but his play dropped off significantly once Burrow got hurt.

I couldn't disagree more. From what I've seen he's a slower broken down mess of his former self. But unlike you I respect your opinion. 

19 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I dunno about Green. I think I’d rather see Kirk opposite Hopkins. I can see Green on the field a ton though in 3 WR sets with decent production. This also is assuming Fitz retires, which is pure speculation on my part. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SeductiveNun said:

I dunno about Green. I think I’d rather see Kirk opposite Hopkins. I can see Green on the field a ton though in 3 WR sets with decent production. This also is assuming Fitz retires, which is pure speculation on my part. 

Gosh, totally forgot about Kirk.  He had some nice games last year.  

Maybe they are gonna go all out and go 5-wide or something.  :lol: 

54 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Green seemed to suffer more than the other WR in CIN last year, he posted a pretty bad 45% catch rate, and was 3rd in yards behind Higgins and Boyd, none of the missed significant time. They all had between 104-110 targets, he had far fewer receptions than the others. And of course he missed 2019, and half of 2018.  He may not even be a WR2 anymore (real not fantasy football). 

I agree the signing probably means Fitz is not coming back, and that's the role he will fill, I'd expect Kirk to continue to flourish as the WR2. He had 6 fewer receptions than Fitz and 200 more yards & 5 more TDs. 

I think this is a good signing for AZ. When they get in the red zone who else do they have to throw it to outside of Hopkins?   AJ has the size to make plays down there at the very least. Hopkins will still get the double teams freeing AJ up. Nobody is saying he's going to return to stud status, but I think it's a perfect fit for AZ. Fitz, Kirk, Dan Campbell were not the type of guys where the qb could just throw it up  in the corner of the end zone. AJ fits that bill to the T, and hes not totally washed up to be a secondary wr in the middle of the field.

45 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

I think this is a good signing for AZ. When they get in the red zone who else do they have to throw it to outside of Hopkins?   AJ has the size to make plays down there at the very least. Hopkins will still get the double teams freeing AJ up. Nobody is saying he's going to return to stud status, but I think it's a perfect fit for AZ. Fitz, Kirk, Dan Campbell were not the type of guys where the qb could just throw it up  in the corner of the end zone. AJ fits that bill to the T, and hes not totally washed up to be a secondary wr in the middle of the field.

Good signing, yes.

A reliable EZ target you can just toss it up to for easy TDs, not so sure about that. How many of those kind of plays has he made since he came back from that injury? 

On 3/17/2021 at 4:32 PM, stevegrab said:

Good signing, yes.

A reliable EZ target you can just toss it up to for easy TDs, not so sure about that. How many of those kind of plays has he made since he came back from that injury? 

Well, last year you had a rookie qb throwing to a rookie wr down in the red zone in Tee Higgins. That's not unheard of a rookie qb throwing to a rookie wr vs the old veteran. Kinda like the 2nd string qb all of the sudden hitting the 3rd string wr he practiced with more.

How about this. I'll make you a friendly little wager. AJ Green vs Odell Beckham this year. You can set the parameters. Best FF pts, ppr, non ppr, tds, you decide. A $20 paypal wager? I'm good for it. In many BOTH leagues, a baseball league. I trust you, you seem like a man of your word. Bet?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

Well, last year you had a rookie qb throwing to a rookie wr down in the red zone in Tee Higgins. That's not unheard of a rookie qb throwing to a rookie wr vs the old veteran. Kinda like the 2nd string qb all of the sudden hitting the 3rd string wr he practiced with more.

How about this. I'll make you a friendly little wager. AJ Green vs Odell Beckham this year. You can set the parameters. Best FF pts, ppr, non ppr, tds, you decide. A $20 paypal wager? I'm good for it. In many BOTH leagues, a baseball league. I trust you, you seem like a man of your word. Bet?

That's bold and I like it!  :)