[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears give Akiem Hicks permission to seek a trade

Wolverines Fan

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/18/report-bears-give-akiem-hicks-permission-to-seek-a-trade/

Fuller gets dumped and now Hicks has one foot out the door.

Dalton is the starting qb and the defense is losing starters.

This has been a great offseason for the Bears. :sarcasm:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

We are the Jets.

I might really be done and follow Mitch to Buffalo.

Gil is circling the wagons!  

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

What is going on in Chicago? Pace & Nagy are dead men walking, why rebuild now?? 

They're in cap hell.  Unsurprisingly they won't get a deal done with ARob so instead of a manageable number they're stuck having to pay the $28 mil they don't have for ARob and Dalt.  That means cutting or moving where they can regardless of talent. 

It's not a rebuild, it's piss poor management. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Def. said:

They're in cap hell.  Unsurprisingly they won't get a deal done with ARob so instead of a manageable number they're stuck having to pay the $28 mil they don't have for ARob and Dalt.  That means cutting or moving where they can regardless of talent. 

It's not a rebuild, it's piss poor management. 

You ain't lying. If you're in cap hell why give Andy Dalton 13 million? Terrible

• Like 1

Funny, I watched this movie a few days ago and it reminded me of this.

Nagy: [at a team meeting] Can I have your attention, please? I have something I think you all ought to know about. It seems that Mr Pace doesn't think too highly of our worth. He put this team together because he thought we'd be bad enough to finish dead last, knocking attendance down to the point where he could move the team to London... and get rid of all of us for better personnel.
Andy: Even me?
Nagy: Even you, Dalton.
Tarik: What if we DON'T finish last?
Nagy: He'll REPLACE you with somebody who WILL. After this season, you'll be sent back to the Canadian League or given your outright release.

• Haha 3

I'll be called a fair-weather fan, but whatever.  I'm not going to be paying much attention to the Bears this season or for the foreseeable future.  Not until they get competent management and field a team worth watching.

At least with Trubisky there were some chances of him making some athletic plays and getting the ball downfield to A-Rob.  Now the Red Rocket is just going to get pummeled.  Sucks for guys like Kmet and Montgomery, who could have grown up a lot this coming year.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

I'll be called a fair-weather fan, but whatever.  I'm not going to be paying much attention to the Bears this season or for the foreseeable future.  Not until they get competent management and field a team worth watching.

At least with Trubisky there were some chances of him making some athletic plays and getting the ball downfield to A-Rob.  Now the Red Rocket is just going to get pummeled.  Sucks for guys like Kmet and Montgomery, who could have grown up a lot this coming year.

If that's fair-weather, the entire city of Chicago is embracing it.  I keep telling my friends the Dolphins have young talent, cap space, and draft capital.

ss1.JPG.22311a7114406ac9c4a5806f787e9a92.JPG

Edited by Def.

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

And Mooney as well.

Right, that's another name.  I got blasted for wanting Trubisky back, but it looked like he had some chemistry going with these pass-catchers.  So much invested in the guy and then they just dump him for an average veteran.  

Now they dump Fuller and are letting Hicks walk?

I've had enough.  Call me a bandwaggoner but it's time to look for another team to follow.  I love my Bears but this ineptitude is too much.  ::(  

On 3/19/2021 at 10:40 AM, rajncajn said:

Funny, I watched this movie a few days ago and it reminded me of this.

Nagy: [at a team meeting] Can I have your attention, please? I have something I think you all ought to know about. It seems that Mr Pace doesn't think too highly of our worth. He put this team together because he thought we'd be bad enough to finish dead last, knocking attendance down to the point where he could move the team to London... and get rid of all of us for better personnel.
Andy: Even me?
Nagy: Even you, Dalton.
Tarik: What if we DON'T finish last?
Nagy: He'll REPLACE you with somebody who WILL. After this season, you'll be sent back to the Canadian League or given your outright release.

Who was on the cardboard cutout with removable clothing ;)