[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JuJu Smith-Schuster stays with Steelers

League_Champion

Guess he wasn't getting the offers he was hoping for so I guess he's banking on himself having a good year and try to increase his value in free agency next year. With Dionte Johnson and the rookie from last year(forgot his name, DOH!) there it'll be hard for Juju to put up monster or great numbers with an aging Big Ben.

9 minutes ago, Docniner said:

Guess he wasn't getting the offers he was hoping for so I guess he's banking on himself having a good year and try to increase his value in free agency next year. With Dionte Johnson and the rookie from last year(forgot his name, DOH!) there it'll be hard for Juju to put up monster or great numbers with an aging Big Ben.

Chase Claypool 

You know what is kind of amazing, these guys are all still really young, even James Washington is still not 25. They're counting a lot on Ben staying healthy, lots of talent on offense but they're toast without him. 

Hope they have a backup plan if Ben goes out. If out for any length of time it could spell disaster for WR numbers. Plus they need to address the RB situation. Maybe they get lucky and draft Etienne cause Harris will be gone before they pick. I hope Ben can stay healthy this year cause he has good weapons at receiver and he and the receiver group could enjoy good production. They have to contend with the Ravens and the Browns who are playing better but I'm still gonna root for the Steelers to win the division. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, LordOpie said:

i just heard on local sports talk that Ju got a better offer from KC??! Is there any truth to this? Even if the offer was less, why stay with a team who's QB is on his last legs and they have no replacement when you could go play with a young QB who's clearly going to be one of the best for the next decade?

You never know a man's motivations but if true I also don't understand. Seems like it would be a great fit, go for a SB, fun place to play, etc. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 10:10 AM, LordOpie said:

i just heard on local sports talk that Ju got a better offer from KC??! Is there any truth to this? Even if the offer was less, why stay with a team who's QB is on his last legs and they have no replacement when you could go play with a young QB who's clearly going to be one of the best for the next decade?

Don't know if that is true or not. Everything I'm reading now says he was interested in the Chiefs as a second option, if he could not work out something in PIT.

If its true and he was offered more he probably went with PIT because of the familiarity and also because he's the clear cut top offensive weapon, where in KC he's going to be down the pecking order behind Kelce, Hill and CEH. Several stories including the one below mention an interview he had on Michael Irvin's show, talking about how Andy Reid texted him a picture of the Lombardi Trophy while he was trying to make a decision. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/juju-smith-schuster-says-he-would-have-signed-with-chiefs-had-he-not-re-signed-w