[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore arrested in Cleveland

League_Champion

What an idiot, another example taking the player out of the hood but not being able to take the hood out of the player. Riding around in a car, with guys that have felony records who are carrying guns (illegal) with a stolen gun (illegal) and the driver breaking numerous.

As for what's going on in CLE, same stuff that is going on in every large city in the US, inner city crime continues unchecked. 

I'm withholding judgement for now. It said that he was booked for being in possession or purchasing stolen goods, but he hasn't been formally charged yet. It's certainly not a good look,  but he may have just not known it was stolen.

Edited by rajncajn

26 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

but he may have just not known it was stolen.

Gotta agree with this, dude has enough money to buy just about anything he wants, he isnt trying to knock 5 bucks off the price at your local Walmart.   Can see this disappearing by the time the season starts.

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, that's it 

Have you ever bought something from someone on eBay or Craigslist? I'm not saying that's what happened here,  just that I'm going to wait until I hear more before I call him an idiot. 

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Have you ever bought something from someone on eBay or Craigslist? I'm not saying that's what happened here,  just that I'm going to wait until I hear more before I call him an idiot. 

Sounds completely normal to me, no shenanigans at all. 

"Police searched the car and found Lattimore with a different loaded handgun that had been reported stolen from Euclid"

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

"Police searched the car and found Lattimore with a different loaded handgun that had been reported stolen from Euclid"

Definitely doesn't sound good.

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Uh...oops.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:56 PM, rajncajn said:

I'm withholding judgement for now. It said that he was booked for being in possession or purchasing stolen goods, but he hasn't been formally charged yet. It's certainly not a good look,  but he may have just not known it was stolen.

Sure he may not have known it was stolen. Maybe he didn't even know he was carrying a gun, wouldn't be the first time somebody claimed that (recall one of the Browns caught with a gun by TSA at the airport claimed he didn't know that bag had a gun in it). Did he also not know that his friends (or were they strangers) in the car had felony records and were carrying guns as well (which is illegal just about anywhere). Did he know (or care) the driver was breaking numerous laws?

Would you or anybody else here be cutting this guy this much slack if he was just some guy, and not a star player in the NFL?  Of course if he was just a guy, doubt many of us would have even heard the news (may have been reported locally so I might have seen it, but would just be another urban youth in trouble with the law). 

He'll probably get off with minimal punishment, because he has the resources to fight it, and lack of a criminal record. Doesn't mean he's innocent or a good guy. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Sure he may not have known it was stolen. Maybe he didn't even know he was carrying a gun, wouldn't be the first time somebody claimed that (recall one of the Browns caught with a gun by TSA at the airport claimed he didn't know that bag had a gun in it). Did he also not know that his friends (or were they strangers) in the car had felony records and were carrying guns as well (which is illegal just about anywhere). Did he know (or care) the driver was breaking numerous laws?

It doesn't matter if he knew or not. Either way he's in possession of a stolen firearm. It doesn't matter who stole it or how he got it. 

Edited by League_Champion

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Would you or anybody else here be cutting this guy this much slack if he was just some guy, and not a star player in the NFL?  Of course if he was just a guy, doubt many of us would have even heard the news (may have been reported locally so I might have seen it, but would just be another urban youth in trouble with the law). 

He'll probably get off with minimal punishment, because he has the resources to fight it, and lack of a criminal record. Doesn't mean he's innocent or a good guy. 

Don't know the answers to any of those questions. It didn't look good,  but who knows. I don't think anyone is cutting him any slack. It was a stupid situation to put himself in,  but again,  don't know the circumstances that put him there. 

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It doesn't matter if he knew or not. Either way he's in possession of a stolen firearm. It doesn't matter who stole it or how he got it. 

Not good at recognizing sarcasm I see. I don't believe he didn't know it was stolen, anymore than I believe he didn't know about the rest of what was going on in the car. Or maybe I'm naive and lots of people get into cars with people they hardly know who could be armed felons. Maybe it was just an Uber ride gone wrong. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Even of he isn't charged he definitely put himself into a bad situation. Sometimes these kids get into the nfl and still keep ties with the old neighborhood  and friends. He for sure needs to make better decisions or something like this could happen again or even worse. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to his youth. We were all young once and made questionable choices, at least I did. Hopefully he learns from the experience and it helps him mature some. Hate to see him waste his talent and his future in the nfl as some many young guys before him ruining the careers.

56 minutes ago, Docniner said:

Even of he isn't charged he definitely put himself into a bad situation. Sometimes these kids get into the nfl and still keep ties with the old neighborhood  and friends. He for sure needs to make better decisions or something like this could happen again or even worse. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to his youth. We were all young once and made questionable choices, at least I did. Hopefully he learns from the experience and it helps him mature some. Hate to see him waste his talent and his future in the nfl as some many young guys before him ruining the careers.

The stuff in the link with cops talking to him is pretty funny.  I doubt he thought so. 

I'd love to hear his attorney explain how this is all "just a misunderstanding."  Sure maybe he didn't know the gun was stolen, but how is concealing it in your pants and not telling the cops about it a misunderstanding?  Nevermind his buddies in the car (all with records and packing) and the strong smell of weed (which apparently didn't result in anything being found, or it was too little to bother with any charges). 

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yup, in a club 

Yes good ole Plexiglass....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaxico_Burress#Accidental_shooting

Wow he actually spent 20 months in prison for that, in addition to the embarrassment and lost money from missing 2+ seasons of playing time. 

Based on some of his other legal issues guy was just a knucklehead. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Whoa, I forgot about all that. I thought he just got a slap on the wrist, apparently not. 

Maybe you're thinking of Donte Stallworth who made a plea deal for 30 days in county jail in a DUI manslaughter case in Florida (he was on the Browns at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donté_Stallworth#DUI_manslaughter_charges

Edited by stevegrab

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe you're thinking of Donte Stallworth who made a plea deal for 30 days in county jail in a DUI manslaughter case in Florida (he was on the Browns at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donté_Stallworth#DUI_manslaughter_charges

Dam, I forgot about that one to. He should of done more time than Plaxico.