[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins trade #3 overall pick to 49ers

Big John

56 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The Dolphins flipped picks to move back up. 

Trade: #Eagles have traded picks No. 6 and No. 156 overall to the Dolphins in exchange for No. 12 overall, No. 123 overall, and a 2022 first-round pick.

Pretty clear PHI isn't looking for a QB in the first. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

The Dolphins flipped picks to move back up. 

Trade: #Eagles have traded picks No. 6 and No. 156 overall to the Dolphins in exchange for No. 12 overall, No. 123 overall, and a 2022 first-round pick.

Moving from 6 to 12 is not worth a whole 1st round pick.  Obviously they have someone in mind but seems like a great deal for the Iggles. 

Just now, purplemonster said:

Moving from 6 to 12 is not worth a whole 1st round pick.  Obviously they have someone in mind but seems like a great deal for the Iggles. 

I think they realize - now - that QBs are going with the first 5 picks and they can get their WR at 6.

NBC reported Eagles wanted Wilson at 3 but figured it's not happening.

16 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I think they realize - now - that QBs are going with the first 5 picks and they can get their WR at 6.

NBC reported Eagles wanted Wilson at 3 but figured it's not happening.

Yeah I shouldn't say not worth it. It very well may be worth it if you get the right players. Not usually worth it though

I knew they were gonna move up but don't like giving the first rounders in 2022& 23. I think they could got away with 1 first rounder but Lynch didn't check in with me, LOL. Now, what to do.with Jimmy G. I got a hunch  they keep him this year and let whichever QB they draft(Fields, Lance), let them sit a year behind Garoppolo  and learn. Yet if the rookie shows good in camp he could start. I'd rather they trade Garoppolo  and get something for him now.

Yes I think my 49ers gave up too much to move up to #3 but I don't think it was a panic move. They seem to feel Garoppolo  will not win them a SB and that this would be the best year to try and get one of the top rookie QB's. Grabbing a QB at the top of the draft is always a crapshoot. Look at Trubisky recently. He went #2 and hasn't worked out for the Bears. The Niners feel they have talent on offense and defense that can win but feel they need a.QB who can push them to the top. Don't get me wrong, Jimmy G is a good QB and can win. I just don't feel he has that IT factor to help make the 49ers champs. Does Fields or Lance have it? Don't know but we'd be pissed if they do and we didn't make an effort to grab one of them. Don't know if they'll keep Garoppolo  this year or not. Salary cap hit wouldn't be much this year if they got rid of him and don't know if anyone would be willing to take on his contract in a trade. I'm trusting management to get the right guy with this #3 pick and get on about the business of trying to win a superbowl.

1 hour ago, Docniner said:

Yes I think my 49ers gave up too much to move up to #3 but I don't think it was a panic move. They seem to feel Garoppolo  will not win them a SB and that this would be the best year to try and get one of the top rookie QB's. Grabbing a QB at the top of the draft is always a crapshoot. Look at Trubisky recently. He went #2 and hasn't worked out for the Bears. The Niners feel they have talent on offense and defense that can win but feel they need a.QB who can push them to the top. Don't get me wrong, Jimmy G is a good QB and can win. I just don't feel he has that IT factor to help make the 49ers champs. Does Fields or Lance have it? Don't know but we'd be pissed if they do and we didn't make an effort to grab one of them. Don't know if they'll keep Garoppolo  this year or not. Salary cap hit wouldn't be much this year if they got rid of him and don't know if anyone would be willing to take on his contract in a trade. I'm trusting management to get the right guy with this #3 pick and get on about the business of trying to win a superbowl.

At first glance I thought SF gave up too much but I think I was wrong. You aren't going to get a lot of chances to move up and get a QB you really want. And they know they need to move on from Garoppolo and if their only other option is a high priced vet then you are kind of hosed either way. So in that sense I like it, if you like the guy go get it. 

4 hours ago, Docniner said:

Look at Trubisky recently. He went #2 and hasn't worked out for the Bears. The Niners feel they have talent on offense and defense that can win but feel they need a.QB who can push them to the top. Don't get me wrong, Jimmy G is a good QB and can win. I just don't feel he has that IT factor to help make the 49ers champs

It seems like they want Trey Lance. If so that's a HUGE gamble. He was a one year starter at a small school, North Dakota State and at times wasn't all that great. To me he's a project and not worth what they gave up in picks. 

19 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It seems like they want Trey Lance. If so that's a HUGE gamble. He was a one year starter at a small school, North Dakota State and at times wasn't all that great. To me he's a project and not worth what they gave up in picks. 

Yes I think Lance is a bit of a project but I believe he has better upside than Fields. If they take.Lance.they may want to hang on to Garoppolo  this year although don't know how that will sit with Jimmy G..I'm sure he's aware of the trade and knows his time is limited. If they can deal him before the draft then Fields might be their guy. I also wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers make an offer to get the #1 pick. Stranger things have happened. Even with his contract maybe something could be worked out with the Jags to take Garoppolo, the #3 pick and whatever else they can agree on. Jags would get a decent starter and either Fields or Lance to groom. They are a young team and are not likely to win a ring this year. We've just seen them.move up to 3 so I think they might.take a stab at getting the #1. It is possible.

• Confused 1