[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins trade #3 overall pick to 49ers

Big John

1 hour ago, Docniner said:

the Jets could throw a whammy in the draft and pass on Wilson and take say..... Jamar Chase? Would leave San Fran in the cat bird seat to possibly take Wilson.  Maybe the Jets think Darnold is salvageable and need to get him weapons and take the best receiver in the class at 2.

The Jets will only stay put for a QB. If they want a WR they'll trade out of 2. They are in no hurry to unload Darnold. I think they'll wait till or after the draft. Whoever is left without a QB will probably come running. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

The Jets will only stay put for a QB. If they want a WR they'll trade out of 2. They are in no hurry to unload Darnold. I think they'll wait till or after the draft. Whoever is left without a QB will probably come running. 

Yeah I agree. Kinda looks like the hopes of drafting Zach Wilson is dwindling.  

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That's a good thing. Fields should be the #2 pick anyway. Not that it matters but his pro-day was probably better than Wilson's. 

If the Jets pass on Wilson 9ers take him. If he's gone they take Fields. At.first I thought it would be Lance but so much unknown with the guy. Fields is a QB that Shannahan can coach and gives us the mobility at the position that Jimmy G doesn't have.

Even though Lance hasn't played that much and it's been against weaker opponents  I think he still has enough talent and upside that I wouldn't mind them taking him at 3. So whoever they take, Fields, Lance or Wilson(longshot) it's a win/win for the 49ers and could be the difference in getting back to the superbowwl and winning it.

Edited by Docniner

On 3/30/2021 at 2:53 PM, darin3 said:

The Niners are being very coy about all of this.  Pundits think it's Jones because he fits the Shanny offense to a T.  But Shanny himself has gone on record saying that you don't win unless you (paraphrasing) mix it up and go with what is winning games at this point.  Which I read as they need a mobile QB like Fields or Lance, since Jones is a stick-in-the-mud type of QB. 

In fact, I heard that the last QB that's amounted to much that plays exclusively in the pocket is Matthew Stafford, unless someone can enlighten me as to another non-mobile QB that's been a solid contributor since him.

Joe Flacco, he actually has 200-300 less rushing yards over his entire career than Stafford but a SB to his name. Although, he was drafted a year earlier. 

Edited by irish

2 hours ago, irish said:

Joe Flacco, he actually has 200-300 less rushing yards over his entire career than Stafford but a SB to his name. Although, he was drafted a year earlier. 

:lol:  That kinda proves my point.  I said no non-mobile QB has been drafted since Stafford that's amounted to much.

22 minutes ago, darin3 said:

:lol:  That kinda proves my point.  I said no non-mobile QB has been drafted since Stafford that's amounted to much.

Yeah, there really hasn't been any, incredible!