[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What 2 teams never threw for 4000 yards in a 16 game season?

DMD

They had 42 years to produce at least one 4,000-yard passing season and only two teams failed to hit that mark.

Who were they?

Drum roll

The Jets and the Bears!  <--- highlight here for the answer

Never had a 4,000 yard season from a QB in the last 42 years. Maybe that extra 17th game can get them over the 42 year hump.

Couldn't come up with Jets, but did guess Bears. 

Interesting, posed your question to the web, and one result was about a 4000 yard passer on a team, and they said the only two were Bears and Eagles. Which would mean the Jets did have a 4000 yard passer, and hence a 4000 yard passing season. But its on reddit so I doubt its as credible as DMD. It was a few years old, and didn't include the "in a 16 game season" so maybe it was accurate (yep Eagles did it in 2018)

Of course the Jets had a 4000 yard passer, Joe Namath in 1967, a 14 game season. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 8:58 PM, League_Champion said:

Saints 

Yes I was going to say that's a pretty easy one, had to check the stats but Brees did this 5 times. 

Marino was the first, and still the youngest. Brees the only one to do it multiple times, I suspect Mahomes will do it again soon, he missed one game last year and was about 250 short while averaging over 300/gm. All but 2 (Marino[1984] & Brees first[2008]) have come in the last 10 seasons. 

I suspect Saints are also the only team to have done it multiple times, but I was looking at individual QB stats (easier to find) and not full NFL team stats. (For example, Mahomes had 4740 last year, Chiefs were still short at 4854, actually had over 5000 passing but believe team yards are net passing and have sack yardage subtracted).  Pro football reference shows 4854 passing yards for KC, 5005 passing and 151 sack yards.