[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darnold traded to Carolina

Big John

It's a good question, Drew Brees with the Chargers maybe but that was an entirely different set of circumstances. I think the Jets would of been fine keeping Darnold if they didn't have the second overall pick. They feel that Wilson is a major upgrade. I think change and stability will be good for Darnold. That team is loaded offensively. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's a good question, Drew Brees with the Chargers maybe but that was an entirely different set of circumstances. I think the Jets would of been fine keeping Darnold if they didn't have the second overall pick. They feel that Wilson is a major upgrade. I think change and stability will be good for Darnold. That team is loaded offensively. 

I didn't think Brees was a bust with the Chargers, he had one bad season (2-9) one good (11-4) and two mediocre (8-8 & 9-7), went 30-28 overall in 4 years. Darnold was 13-25 in 3 years with Jets, Cousins who I mentioned was 26-30-1 in 6 years with WAS. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I didn't think Brees was a bust with the Chargers, he had one bad season (2-9) one good (11-4) and two mediocre (8-8 & 9-7), went 30-28 overall in 4 years. Darnold was 13-25 in 3 years with Jets, Cousins who I mentioned was 26-30-1 in 6 years with WAS. 

Drew Brees final two seasons in San Diego had him ranked #11 and #7 as a fantasy QB

Here is where Alex Smith was ranked each year:

2005 SF 43
2006 SF 17
2007 SF 47
2009 SF 24
2010 SF 27
2011 SF 18
2012 SF 31
2013 KC 16
2014 KC 19
2015 KC 17
2016 KC 24
2017 KC 6
2018 WAS 32
2020 WAS

So he had the one good year at KC before they went with Patrick Mahomes. Kinda hard to fault that move.

I know this is a fantasy football site, and that tends to be how everyone thinks, but in this discussion specifically about "QB who were a bust with one team and went on to much improved play with another" I'm thinking that is in real football terms, not fantasy.  

I don't think Alex Smith was a bust with SF, but was a bit better in KC. 

12 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I know this is a fantasy football site, and that tends to be how everyone thinks, but in this discussion specifically about "QB who were a bust with one team and went on to much improved play with another" I'm thinking that is in real football terms, not fantasy.  

I don't think Alex Smith was a bust with SF, but was a bit better in KC. 

Pretty much my point.  A lot of people seem convinced that Darnold is an unharvested value.  I'm pretty convinced he sucks and going to the QB academy of Carolina won't help.  The track record of sucking and going to mediocre seems to marked by one QB...Tannehill.  

Edited by Bobby Brown

I think he sucks but I'm not positive that he sucks. He's still so young and raw. In my mind the jury is still out on Darnold. He played for two coaches in three years. He’ll still only be 24 by the time the 2021 season begins but he does need to be broken down and reprogrammed. He's been in a horrible situation. If he doesn't show significant improvement this year, he definitely sucks. 

Edited by League_Champion