[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers on Jeopardy

purplemonster

Yes it is real, possibly a bit staged as I read elsewhere these kind of off the wall answers are usually not included in the show. 

Also Rodgers has expressed interest in being the full time host of the show. I doubt he's ready to give up his NFL career just yet, nor if its feasible to do both. 

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Is that for real? :lol:

Yes it is real and I don"t think is staged. The hosts can see what the contestants are writing before it is revealed and Rodgers said he was laughing because "is he really writing that?" The contestant didn't wager any money on the clue so they either were way ahead or didn't feel confident in the category so weren't going to wager anything so their answer didn't matter.

• Thanks 1

Actually I was wrong, I left it out for brevity but it was a runaway, the leader had over 2x what the next contestant had so he didn't wager anything since he couldn't catch the leader. Unless the leader foolishly wagered enough to miss the question and lose, which I don't know has ever happened. They can bet zero and be guaranteed to win. 

Edited by purplemonster

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Unless the leader foolishly wagered enough to miss the question and lose, which I don't know has ever happened. They can bet zero and be guaranteed to win. 

Did you ever see the Cheers episode where Cliff Clavin did that?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=botdmsQilnU

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Big John said:

Did you ever see the Cheers episode where Cliff Clavin did that?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=botdmsQilnU

Haha, yes, I don't know I have seen the full clip before, the main part is around 3:00 but the whole clip is pretty funny. Your link wasn't working for me. 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Haha 1

Also, just as a sidetone, but one of the fictional contestants was a neurosurgeon, and my impression is MD's actually don't do that well at Jeopardy because they spend their younger years studying highly specialized knowledge that doesn't help them, and when their recall is best. Older contestants can do well, but you'll notice some of the major champions tend to be younger than you'd expect, maybe late 20's to early 30's.