[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Conner signs with Arizona

Big John

42 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I will bet you he has more than 97 carries this coming year.  :) 

He never had more than 60 carries until he had 97 last year. I'm not sure what he did with David Johnson (258 carries in 2018, 94 in 2019) and Kenyan Drake (123 in 2019, 239 in 2020) in front of him matters much now. Of course he also has to compete with Kyler Murray (93 in 2019, 133 2020).  

3 hours ago, DMD said:

Edmonds never had more than 97 carries in his three years in ARI. Not sure that's going to change much this year.

Edmonds was going in the 4th round of the RTS big money drafts.  Yep they started these drafts on March 4th this year the one that pays $300,000 to the winner.  They want to squeeze every dollar they can out of people so the same 18 or so people joined and did like 25-30 drafts already.  

Early on AJ Dillion was a 4th rounder and R-Penny a 6th rounder in hopes of Aaron Jones and Carson leaving.  Those teams got burned.

Now the teams taking Edmonds in the 4th got smacked but those who took Conner in the 10th are looking solid.

I have yet to do a draft this year.  I dislike the pre NFL draft drafts for both others and myself. I hate it for others doing it as they can land super huge values I won't be able to get by waiting especially on the rookies.

Of course last year I did 4 drafts in RTS pre NFL draft landed CEH in the 7th round in one of them and assumed this was my money maker...turned out that was just an avg team that barely squeaked into the playoffs on the final week and got knocked out in the 1st round.  

22 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't want any part of that backfield. 

I've been getting burned by it now for several years running.  I was hopeful that Edmonds would actually pay off in fantasy until this news.  New policy may be to treat ARI players like NEP players and just avoid the whole damned team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I've been getting burned by it now for several years running.  I was hopeful that Edmonds would actually pay off in fantasy until this news.  New policy may be to treat ARI players like NEP players and just avoid the whole damned team.

No way.  Nuk will still be a top-5 WR if not higher.  Kirk will be a nice best ball play.  And if you're including QBs... Murray is going to be a stud again, and for a long time.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

No way.  Nuk will still be a top-5 WR if not higher.  Kirk will be a nice best ball play.  And if you're including QBs... Murray is going to be a stud again, and for a long time.

This.

12 hours ago, darin3 said:

Man Kirk was a disappointment last year - I really had high hopes for him. I think Green is dust but at least to start the season he's another mouth to feed and last year, when the Cardinals really needed another WR to step up, they did not get the production out of Kirk I was hoping for.

Kirk was around WR50 with a few good games in the middle of the season...so maybe better for best ball that's a good point. 

You're also right that statistically Nuk and Murray should end the year ranked well but they had spotty performances the back half of last season, admittedly with some nice spike weeks. Best guess is that they do next year what they did last season - Nuk as top-10 and Murray as a baller. The biggest disappointment for me last year was Kliff Kingsbury. 

Conner murders Edmonds, which is apparently exactly what the Cards want. I don't get it. Edmonds was a 3-down back in college no problem.

• Like 1

I had Kirk from his rookie year and traded him the week before he had a minor break out last season.  The Cards remind me a lot of Miami.  It's where players with great potential go to have their talent wasted.

I can only hope that Edmonds gets traded.  At some point I'll dump him too.  I'll let y'all know when because he'll surely become a stud the following week.

8 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I had Kirk from his rookie year and traded him the week before he had a minor break out last season.  The Cards remind me a lot of Miami.  It's where players with great potential go to have their talent wasted.

I can only hope that Edmonds gets traded.  At some point I'll dump him too.  I'll let y'all know when because he'll surely become a stud the following week.

Curious which players does that apply to? 

Sure Conner going to AZ reduces Edmonds value, and Conner won't be worth a lot either. But what players have gone to AZ and been wasted? Hopkins?  Nope, he has 1400+ yards, 3rd highest in his career. Kenyan Drake? Nope he had a career season last year and a good 2nd half of 2019 with the Cards, who decided not to keep him. Kirk? Nope he was drafted by AZ and his reduction in 2020 is directly related to adding Hopkins. 

I get being unhappy as an Edmonds owner, but don't agree with the view that AZ is wasteland for players.