Tford

VOTE: How to implement increased Devys in 2022

Implementation of increased devys  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Starting in 2022, the number of devys allowed per team is now 5. Should we increase the number of draft picks per year?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only in 2022.
    • No
  2. 2. If the vote is affirmative to increase the number of draft picks, how many more rounds should we add?

• 2 for 2022 and 1 afterwards
  3. 3. If a team chooses to have 3 or less devys, do you agree that they do not need to have a devy that is strictly a defensive player? Ie. following the old rules

• Yes
    • No

Posted (edited)

Again, please vote on all questions even if you vote no to the first one.

Last question is clarifying some rules issues before they happen.

Edited by Tford

It's probably way too late to modify this draft with all the pick trades that have happened, probably just do a subsequent two round draft after it's done.

12 minutes ago, flemingd said:

It's probably way too late to modify this draft with all the pick trades that have happened, probably just do a subsequent two round draft after it's done.

No reason why you can't just add round 9 and 10. Basically the same thing.

To summarize the results of this poll:

There were not enough votes to permanently increase draft rounds so there will only be an increase in 2022 of 2 rounds.

Should teams choose not to carry more than 3 devys, no defensive player devy is required.

2 minutes ago, Tford said:

No reason why you can't just add round 9 and 10. Basically the same thing.

I don't think you can though, I think the way MFL works is you would have to re-define the draft and re-import traded picks from last year which would then leave the gap I am talking about.  But maybe that's just for changing the order?  I don't recall now so I defer to you if you've looked at it or are sure that works, was mostly just thinking out loud on the topic.

Just now, flemingd said:

I don't think you can though, I think the way MFL works is you would have to re-define the draft and re-import traded picks from last year which would then leave the gap I am talking about.  But maybe that's just for changing the order?  I don't recall now so I defer to you if you've looked at it or are sure that works, was mostly just thinking out loud on the topic.

You're not wrong. It may very well require a lot of manual work on my end when we get to the 2022 site. Definitely can't introduce the future picks until after the 2021 draft is complete.

I'll mess around with it and try to find the best way to apply the change.

Oh crap I didn't catch that it's only 2022.  It won't be relevant by then, you can just change the draft order when you roll it over to 2022 before you import the trades.  Piece of cake.