Sign in to follow this  
Wolverines Fan

NFL will release 2021 schedule Wed. May 12

Recommended Posts

Regarding the FFPC play, is there schedule for 2021 identical to 2020, even with the added week (18 for the 17th game)? Is week 14 still what it was last year, even with an additional week?  I know our league ran playoffs in weeks 14-16, but that will change to 15-17 with one more week of regular season play. There were 4 teams with byes in week 13 last year, and now 4 in week 14 this year, which is the same for us (our final week of the regular season). 

 

I know this may suck for some, but it isn't a change with relation to bye weeks relative to the end of the NFL season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For FFPC, I think they're adding a week to the regular season. Every team will continue to play every other team once. However, in week 6, there's no head to head -- top 6 scores get a win, bottom 6 get a loss. League playoffs are weeks 13-14, champ round weeks 15-17.  I don't believe they've ever had bye week situations for the league championship game where 1000s are at stake as well as possible auto entry into the grand prize championship rounds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Regarding the FFPC play, is there schedule for 2021 identical to 2020, even with the added week (18 for the 17th game)? Is week 14 still what it was last year, even with an additional week?  I know our league ran playoffs in weeks 14-16, but that will change to 15-17 with one more week of regular season play. There were 4 teams with byes in week 13 last year, and now 4 in week 14 this year, which is the same for us (our final week of the regular season). 

 

I know this may suck for some, but it isn't a change with relation to bye weeks relative to the end of the NFL season. 

 

FFPC had always been 11 week regular season and week 12-13 league playoffs and weeks 14-16 National playoffs.

 

So this has been a problem for years with week 12 byes but last year we got hit with week 13 byes instead of week 12.

 

The problem with this year is even though FFPC added a week 1-12 regular 13-14 league playoffs and 15-17 National we now have 8 teams on a bye for league playoffs.

 

4 teams week 13 including CMC for a 2nd year in a row.

4 teams week 14.

 

Week 13 is littered with studs week 14 only has Taylor as a top 25 pick in most leagues.

 

The main issue is if your a 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs you have to win both games to make the National playoffs so if you own CMC or a couple of those bye players your in trouble unless you run into 2 other teams with same issues.

 

If your a 1 or 2 seed you clinch a National spot already but if you lose week 13 you get $0.  Not ideal for being a #1 or #2 seed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

For FFPC, I think they're adding a week to the regular season. Every team will continue to play every other team once. However, in week 6, there's no head to head -- top 6 scores get a win, bottom 6 get a loss. League playoffs are weeks 13-14, champ round weeks 15-17.  I don't believe they've ever had bye week situations for the league championship game where 1000s are at stake as well as possible auto entry into the grand prize championship rounds.

 

 

In 2016 and last year had byes in the week 13 league championship game.  CMC was slated to bye so your #1 overall pick in most drafts last year would have byed but got injured.

 

Also TB was on bye week 13 so no Brady, Godwin, Evans, ect last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the detailed explanation Henry.  As I said it sucks, and everybody is impacted to some degree by the bye weeks. But most leagues pushed things back with the season extended, but those last weeks with byes are just bigger games in FFPC. (Though in other leagues people are in key games struggling for playoffs too.) We all need to get used to it, because the current schedule make-up is not likely to change much. They have 32 teams to place on bye, and rarely use more than 4 at a time. That's at least 8 weeks worth of byes, often none until week 4 or later (4 last year, 6 this year) and none in the final few weeks. Thanksgiving is usually near the end of bye week cycle (week 12 or so) and that makes byes difficult with the extra prime time games depleting available matchups. Last year no byes, this year just 2. So we usually get 9 weeks with teams on byes. 

 

Last year they ran weeks 4-13(10 weeks but none in week 12), and had 4 teams in all but 2 weeks. This year they run from week 6-14(9 weeks), with 4 teams 5 times, 6 teams once, and 2 teams 3 times. 

 

going back a few more years

2019 week 4-12 (6 teams once, 2 teams 3 times)

2018 week 4-12 (6 teams twice, 2 teams 4 times)

2017 week 5-11 (6 teams 3 times, 2 teams once) - this is very condensed and the TV partners may have complained it left too few good games

2016 week 4-13 (6 teams twice, 2 teams 4 times) - another time week 12 had no byes, probably Thanksgiving

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The impact is huge and it affects everyone equally but if you have the #1 overall pick are you really fading CMC ?  So it really means everyone is not affected equally either you roll the dice that you can win that week 13 without the #1 overall pick or you have to bypass on the clear #1 player which not only hurts you an entire season but also weeks 15-17 for $500K should you make it (if CMC is not hurt like last year and is actually the best player which we know isn't a lock).


If it was just like last year and only 2 teams that be one thing but this year it's 8 teams with studs galore missing a week so in that respect lots of teams will miss their 1st or 2nd round pick so if you don't take 1 of those 8 teams players early and make the playoffs you likely have a huge advantage week 13 and / or week 14.  It is possible you play the guy who took CMC week 13 and then play the guy who took Taylor week 14.

 

I will for sure not bypass CMC but I am almost for sure not going to take another week 13/14 bye early in the draft.  I would be less inclined now to take a Taylor or a Chubb in the 1st round unless they drop low enough they are the clear last guy remaining in that tier of players.  Adams is a tough one you have the Rodgers mess mixed in with a week 13 bye.  Derrick Henry I have not owned in my last 300 redrafts and with him on bye week 13 and likely a top 7 pick in almost every draft I likely won't own him this year either.

 

RTS is easier to stomach it is week 14 only you have to worry about which means that puts Taylor on my short list of guys in the 1st round I am not likely to draft without a fall.

 

NFFC is the stress free draft league as they have opened their regular season to weeks 1-14.  That said that is my least successful league as far as getting teams into the playoffs since you only get 2 out of 12 in their it makes for a long year if your not a great team with only the best record and most pts getting into the playoffs.

 

I have had many teams in RTS or FFPC a 7-5/7-4 teams has squeaked into the playoff if I have decent point total but in NFFC that isn't ever happening.  I have had 10-3 teams miss the playoffs in the NFFC.

 

Last year I hammered out 20/31 FFPC teams into the playoffs and 23/35 RTS teams into the playoffs but I think I was only like 3/17 in the NFFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

The impact is huge and it affects everyone equally but if you have the #1 overall pick are you really fading CMC ?  So it really means everyone is not affected equally either you roll the dice that you can win that week 13 without the #1 overall pick or you have to bypass on the clear #1 player which not only hurts you an entire season but also weeks 15-17 for $500K should you make it (if CMC is not hurt like last year and is actually the best player which we know isn't a lock).


If it was just like last year and only 2 teams that be one thing but this year it's 8 teams with studs galore missing a week so in that respect lots of teams will miss their 1st or 2nd round pick so if you don't take 1 of those 8 teams players early and make the playoffs you likely have a huge advantage week 13 and / or week 14.  It is possible you play the guy who took CMC week 13 and then play the guy who took Taylor week 14.

 

I will for sure not bypass CMC but I am almost for sure not going to take another week 13/14 bye early in the draft.  I would be less inclined now to take a Taylor or a Chubb in the 1st round unless they drop low enough they are the clear last guy remaining in that tier of players.  Adams is a tough one you have the Rodgers mess mixed in with a week 13 bye.  Derrick Henry I have not owned in my last 300 redrafts and with him on bye week 13 and likely a top 7 pick in almost every draft I likely won't own him this year either.

 

RTS is easier to stomach it is week 14 only you have to worry about which means that puts Taylor on my short list of guys in the 1st round I am not likely to draft without a fall.

 

NFFC is the stress free draft league as they have opened their regular season to weeks 1-14.  That said that is my least successful league as far as getting teams into the playoffs since you only get 2 out of 12 in their it makes for a long year if your not a great team with only the best record and most pts getting into the playoffs.

 

I have had many teams in RTS or FFPC a 7-5/7-4 teams has squeaked into the playoff if I have decent point total but in NFFC that isn't ever happening.  I have had 10-3 teams miss the playoffs in the NFFC.

 

Last year I hammered out 20/31 FFPC teams into the playoffs and 23/35 RTS teams into the playoffs but I think I was only like 3/17 in the NFFC.

 

That's 83 total teams just between those 3 sites, holy mackerel!  

 

And here I am debating on doing 1, lol. 

Edited by irish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, irish said:

 

That's 83 total teams just between those 3 sites, holy mackerel!  

 

I was in 113 leagues last year.  I played in 9 dynasty (still do), I do 2 home league redraft leagues with people I have played with since 1990.  I did 1 12 man satellite league which I won't be doing again as they have horrible rules for satellite league block guys who are dropped starting in week 10 or 11 which is beyond stupid for any league but for sure a satellite.  That is the one thing I hate about the FFPC is they block guys who are dropped starting week 10 or 11 or whenever it is to prevent "collusion".  It's easy to prevent collusion if someone drops a CMC or some other stud player you just pull them from the league.  That is what RTS and NFFC does.

Oh anyway I did like 100 redraft teams.

 

So ya that isn't happening this year.  I have done 225 teams the last 2 years and I am cutting back.  Last year darn near killed me with the staying up till 5:30 AM ET in the morning to do the stupid FFPC waivers that they changed the time from Friday night to Sunday 10 AM ET waivers.  The one night when Kamara sat next to the Fullback who tested positive and the news came out around Midnight I spent the next 5 hours putting in replacements for my 50 teams with Lutz and 30 teams with Brees ect ect and then I woke up at 8:30 AM ET to find out it was a false positive and the NO game was back on.......so I spent the next hour deleting all those moves.

 

When I say I am cutting down I plan on doing like 90 leagues instead of 113.................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

 

I was in 113 leagues last year.  I played in 9 dynasty (still do), I do 2 home league redraft leagues with people I have played with since 1990.  I did 1 12 man satellite league which I won't be doing again as they have horrible rules for satellite league block guys who are dropped starting in week 10 or 11 which is beyond stupid for any league but for sure a satellite.  That is the one thing I hate about the FFPC is they block guys who are dropped starting week 10 or 11 or whenever it is to prevent "collusion".  It's easy to prevent collusion if someone drops a CMC or some other stud player you just pull them from the league.  That is what RTS and NFFC does.

Oh anyway I did like 100 redraft teams.

 

So ya that isn't happening this year.  I have done 225 teams the last 2 years and I am cutting back.  Last year darn near killed me with the staying up till 5:30 AM ET in the morning to do the stupid FFPC waivers that they changed the time from Friday night to Sunday 10 AM ET waivers.  The one night when Kamara sat next to the Fullback who tested positive and the news came out around Midnight I spent the next 5 hours putting in replacements for my 50 teams with Lutz and 30 teams with Brees ect ect and then I woke up at 8:30 AM ET to find out it was a false positive and the NO game was back on.......so I spent the next hour deleting all those moves.

 

When I say I am cutting down I plan on doing like 90 leagues instead of 113.................

 

Wow, that's a full-time job!  Feel free not to answer but I'm just curious, do you have a full-time?  Are you married w/without kids?  I can't imagine, if you answer yes to all, how you do it!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, irish said:

 

Wow, that's a full-time job!  Feel free not to answer but I'm just curious, do you have a full-time?  Are you married w/without kids?  I can't imagine, if you answer yes to all, how you do it!!!!

LOL. My favorite two commissioners chatting. I used to wonder the same thing about you Irish. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shaft said:

LOL. My favorite two commissioners chatting. I used to wonder the same thing about you Irish. :lol:

Lmao, and I was in 10 redrafts, MAX!  Not 225!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, irish said:

 

Wow, that's a full-time job!  Feel free not to answer but I'm just curious, do you have a full-time?  Are you married w/without kids?  I can't imagine, if you answer yes to all, how you do it!!!!

 

Pretty sure he has been asked and answered some similar questions in the past, and that he does in fact have a regular full time job. That many teams isn't a hobby, its a 2nd career at best. I'm single without kids and could not imagine devoting that much time to this, even if I could make some serious $$$. 

 

Cutting back to just under 100 fantasy teams is hard to fathom. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, irish said:

 

Wow, that's a full-time job!  Feel free not to answer but I'm just curious, do you have a full-time?  Are you married w/without kids?  I can't imagine, if you answer yes to all, how you do it!!!!

 

I am shocked Big John didn't find some past quotes on here of my answers before since I have been asked many times these same questions.  Big John is the man he can find anything if it lives on the huddle.

 

Yes full time job I work 7-3:30 M-F with a 40 min drive both ways and uphill when it snows each way.  Not marries.  No kids.  Waivers are the worst and the main downfall to running this many teams.  Now a days I could go the easy route so many people play just best ball with a lot of teams.  I heard some guy who won $200K on an underdog bestball tournament last year played 30,000 teams on Draft the year before.  He basically cheated though he let the computer draft him I don't know how many of those teams using a bot where he filled in his rankings.  He played 3 man leagues, 10 man leagues and 12 man leagues that year.

 

I have no idea who many teams he played last year to win the $200K.

 

In 2012 I played just 7 NFFC teams when I finished 1st and 4th overall.  (out of 1872 teams)

 

In 2014 I played in just 12 RTS teams when I finished 1st and 11th overall (out of 2460 teams)

 

Fields were so small back then (amazing to think 2000 is small) but now a days they run 10,000+ in the FFPC $350 contest and even the $1500 main event has like 2000 teams now.

RTS is up to around 5,000 this year.

The NFFC still is the lowest around 3000 I think last year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Shaft said:

LOL. My favorite two commissioners chatting. I used to wonder the same thing about you Irish. :lol:

 

Oh ya and I commish 4 local leagues (2 dynasty 2 redraft) and 3 huddle leagues that I run (and help out in 2 other huddle leagues mostly in the offseason).

 

It's being the commish of huddle leagues in season that adds to the misery with those leagues having manual waivers and all that stuff going on but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I play for a good chunk of change as you all know each year but some of my most filling seasons have come from these $55 - $100 entry dynasty leagues.  It isn't all about the money (though if you can win $100K plus then yes it is all about the money those years).  Amazingly when I was winning my 1st every National Championship in 2012 I refused to look at the scoreboard all day long I focused on trying to win a dynasty league for a couple hundred bucks and was pissed when my RB Foster got stuffed at the goal line a couple times in a row and had his worst day of the year (Same for AP having his worst day who I had on another team) yet if either had scored a TD I don't win the $100K but at the time I was pissed not knowing that it even mattered Nationally.  I only looked for the first time going into the final game of the year which was on Sunday night the day before Xmas Eve for whatever reason now they want to smash us with Christmas day games and stuff where as back then they avoid that kind of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the days when high stakes only had Friday night waivers as Thursday games weren't a thing.  I imagine that goes 100 fold for Muto.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

 

I am shocked Big John didn't find some past quotes on here of my answers before since I have been asked many times these same questions.  Big John is the man he can find anything if it lives on the huddle.

 

Yes full time job I work 7-3:30 M-F with a 40 min drive both ways and uphill when it snows each way.  Not marries.  No kids.  Waivers are the worst and the main downfall to running this many teams.  Now a days I could go the easy route so many people play just best ball with a lot of teams.  I heard some guy who won $200K on an underdog bestball tournament last year played 30,000 teams on Draft the year before.  He basically cheated though he let the computer draft him I don't know how many of those teams using a bot where he filled in his rankings.  He played 3 man leagues, 10 man leagues and 12 man leagues that year.

 

 

Yes i knew you had a full-time job :bag:

 

Impossible to find quotes since the search function is busted.

Edited by Big John
typo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.