[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rashaad Penny

Crazysight

The Huddle writes that he has “largely been ineffective” when he’s been on the field? 🙄

5.1 career ypc average, which would be a bit higher if the few carries he took last year while trying to return from injury are disregarded.  Unless the rules have changed and I missed it and it’s now 20 yards to get a first down instead of 10 that’s pretty damn effective.

When you've had about 160 carries over 3 seasons your averages may not reflect your true ability. I remember watching various backup RBs look really good, then go to another team to be the lead back and fall flat. One that bucked that trend was Michael Turner (from Chargers to Falcons). 

They may also mean "ineffective" in terms of challenging for the starting job, something he was drafted to do 3 years ago but hasn't done yet. Just look at the rushing attempts in SEA during his 3 season

2018 Carson=247, Davis=112, Penny=85, Wilson=67

2019 Carson=278, Wilson=75, Penny=65

2020 Carson=141, Wilson=83, Hyde=81, Dallas/Homer/Collins combined=77, Penny=11

Penny averages 6 attempts per game, Carson 16. That's per game played, so it accounts for time missed due to injury. 

• Confused 1

Guy just cant stay healthy or do quite enough to separate himself from Carson and Carson is improving in receiving and he's a banger. I agree I wouldn't say ineffective although based on my rough recollection he seems to have more boom or bust type games. 

He needs an injury to Carson or majorly outplay him ....and stay healthy....that's a tall order. I can see a later-middle to late round flier personally but not before then, presuming Carson is healthy. 

Edited by purplemonster

9 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

Anyone think Penny will do something good this season?  I'm not sure if I should hold or trade in dynasty.

I'd hold.  I'm assuming you paid a ..... pretty penny .... for him, so at this point, unless someone is giving you a 2nd rounder (which they'd be crazy do to), I'd probably just hold in case Carson goes down and Penny steps in and takes 75% of the snaps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, darin3 said:

I'd hold.  I'm assuming you paid a ..... pretty penny .... for him, so at this point, unless someone is giving you a 2nd rounder (which they'd be crazy do to), I'd probably just hold in case Carson goes down and Penny steps in and takes 75% of the snaps.

I didn't pay a lot, either drafted him or got him as a throw in on a trade.  But he has been on my taxi squad and now must activate him.  He's essentially free but your point still stands.  He could be the workhorse and that's worth holding at least for this year.  I've held him this long.

5 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

I didn't pay a lot, either drafted him or got him as a throw in on a trade.  But he has been on my taxi squad and now must activate him.  He's essentially free but your point still stands.  He could be the workhorse and that's worth holding at least for this year.  I've held him this long.

Well if you drafted him, I'd assume you spent a 1st unless you play with monkeys.  If I were you I'd sign him to a 3-year deal.  Carson becomes a FA in 2023.

• Thanks 1