[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens trade Orlando Brown to KC for 1st and other picks

Big John

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That's a steal for KC. I know he didn't want to be there but Baltimore got fleeced IMO. I think they could of gotten way more. 

What is the going rate for a good tackle that isn't going to be with your team at the end of the season?  I like it from KCs POV.  Baltimore did pretty good considering and they added a first upon a ton of draft capitol.  Lamar Jackson doesn't seem like he's a type of QB who sits in the pocket and depends on someone giving him an extra second to pass on his blind side.  

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

What is the going rate for a good tackle that isn't going to be with your team at the end of the season?  I like it from KCs POV.  Baltimore did pretty good considering and they added a first upon a ton of draft capitol.  Lamar Jackson doesn't seem like he's a type of QB who sits in the pocket and depends on someone giving him an extra second to pass on his blind side.  

Fair assessment but the fact that he wanted to leave doesn't diminish his true value to other teams. He's a young Pro Bowl Tackle. If you dig deep they really didn't get all that much for him. They are all end of the round picks and Baltimore threw in their 2021 2nd round pick in return. That I don't understand. 

Factoring in where the picks fall, it's more like trading a 2nd, late 3rd, and late 4th for Brown.  I don't think this is a deal where we have to debate who got the better deal.  There are deals where both sides win sometimes.  Could BAL have gotten more?  Maybe.  But, the longer they wait, the less they would have potentially gotten.  Moving now (before the draft) allows them to capitalize now, rather than potentially next year.  Meanwhile, it's a no-brainer for KC.  Not being able to protect Mahomes is 100% why they lost the SB, and something that they had (and maybe still have) to address.  

• Like 1

I'm also not sold on the Ravens believing Jackson is their future QB yet. Besides Mahomes, not many of the massive QB contracts after one good season works out well for the team. These picks might become more interesting, depending on who is drafted.