[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers CB Justin Layne arrested on multiple charges near Cleveland

League_Champion

Ummm, it's Cleveland. People really wanna live there?  Lol

On 4/23/2021 at 7:43 PM, League_Champion said:

Well this didn't happen in Cleveland, wasn't even in the county where Cleveland is located. Of course the fools at Yahoo just say "near Cleveland" and cannot even spell the city name properly (Willoughby Hill...Hills with an s).  I'm sure nothing bad every happens where you live, or in Jersey etc.

Yes, plenty of people want to and like living in this area, not everybody wants to live in NY, Boston, LA, SF or whatever place you guys call home (seriously somebody from Jersey ripping on another location, that's rich). There's an entire country between the coasts full of millions of people. 

Been 3 decades since I lived in CLE, just tired of people who do this nonsense, like where they live is so great and nobody would want to live elsewhere. I lived in LA, liked it then, but would hate to live there now, so damn crowded and full of people who think their poop don't stink. 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Well this didn't happen in Cleveland, wasn't even in the county where Cleveland is located. Of course the fools at Yahoo just say "near Cleveland" and cannot even spell the city name properly (Willoughby Hill...Hills with an s).  I'm sure nothing bad every happens where you live, or in Jersey etc.

Yes, plenty of people want to and like living in this area, not everybody wants to live in NY, Boston, LA, SF or whatever place you guys call home (seriously somebody from Jersey ripping on another location, that's rich). There's an entire country between the coasts full of millions of people. 

Been 3 decades since I lived in CLE, just tired of people who do this nonsense, like where they live is so great and nobody would want to live elsewhere. I lived in LA, liked it then, but would hate to live there now, so damn crowded and full of people who think their poop don't stink. 

My only memory of being born in Ohio ( Cuyahoga County) was falling face first into snow as a 3 year old. I didn't much care for it. LOL. Fast forward to my life in sunny San Diego and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care for it now. 

PS: My manure smells like sunshine glistening off of a few carne asada tacos during another Tequila Sunrise. LOL

Edited by boltnlava
rubbing it in

1 minute ago, boltnlava said:

My only memory of being born in Ohio ( Cuyahoga County) was falling face first into snow as a 3 year old. I didn't much care for it. LOL. Fast forward to my life in sunny San Diego and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care for it now. 

Yes it snows here, but plenty of places in US have worse winter weather. We had 3 inches of snow Wednesday last week, then it warmed up, then cold and some rain on the weekend, today it is sunny and 60, tomorrow it will be 80. Variety is the spice of life ;)  

I'll probably relocate somewhere warmer when I retire, close to good motorcycling roads, maybe NC, TN I have some family in the latter. I like the winter less these days, but I still enjoy a change of seasons, something that didn't exist in SoCal. And the congestion in SoCal drives me nuts, every time I visit I think "wow its even more crowded than before". 

Just now, stevegrab said:

Yes it snows here, but plenty of places in US have worse winter weather. We had 3 inches of snow Wednesday last week, then it warmed up, then cold and some rain on the weekend, today it is sunny and 60, tomorrow it will be 80. Variety is the spice of life ;)  

I'll probably relocate somewhere warmer when I retire, close to good motorcycling roads, maybe NC, TN I have some family in the latter. I like the winter less these days, but I still enjoy a change of seasons, something that didn't exist in SoCal. And the congestion in SoCal drives me nuts, every time I visit I think "wow its even more crowded than before". 

JSYK: Mountains are around us and available in about an hour and a half. Same with the desert. I can be anywhere and everywhere in about 2 hours. Just in Cali. Plane travel has helped me cope with my lack of seasonal change or for anything else I feel the need for.

1 minute ago, boltnlava said:

JSYK: Mountains are around us and available in about an hour and a half. Same with the desert. I can be anywhere and everywhere in about 2 hours. Just in Cali. Plane travel has helped me cope with my lack of seasonal change or for anything else I feel the need for.

Maybe you don't know this, but I grew up in Los Angeles, moved there at 5, left at 17. I still have family there (now down to just 2 sibling, there were 4 living there when I left) and do visit every few years. So I know mountains are near SD, the beach too. Also a much higher cost of living, and tons of more congestion and people than here in NE Ohio. I'd take living in SD over the immediate LA area, but it has a lot of the same issues.  

I've done the "play in the snow in the mountains then go to the beach for sunset" thing when I lived in LA, its cool. But I've also dealt with constant traffic, last time I went I had a rental car and did a lot of driving, and I quickly adapted to the chaos of LA freeways.

And while you can be "anywhere" (different climates, landscapes) in 2 hours, getting around takes longer than here. I'm 30min from CLE, and in 2 hours I'm in Michigan, PA, or half way or more to WV/KY on the southern border. 

Trust me, I know what Cali has to offer. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe you don't know this, but I grew up in Los Angeles, moved there at 5, left at 17. I still have family there (now down to just 2 sibling, there were 4 living there when I left) and do visit every few years. So I know mountains are near SD, the beach too. Also a much higher cost of living, and tons of more congestion and people than here in NE Ohio. I'd take living in SD over the immediate LA area, but it has a lot of the same issues.  

I've done the "play in the snow in the mountains then go to the beach for sunset" thing when I lived in LA, its cool. But I've also dealt with constant traffic, last time I went I had a rental car and did a lot of driving, and I quickly adapted to the chaos of LA freeways.

And while you can be "anywhere" (different climates, landscapes) in 2 hours, getting around takes longer than here. I'm 30min from CLE, and in 2 hours I'm in Michigan, PA, or half way or more to WV/KY on the southern border. 

Trust me, I know what Cali has to offer. 

I cannot trust you as I am here. Now. And telling you I would be nowhere else. Your narrative is bias. Bias spreads hate. We are not who you think we are. We are cultured. We are complicated, but we do not wage war on travelers.  We are as passionate as you are. We just prefer sunshine and a life not so cut-throat ...not so rat racey...and possibly more forgiving (if you can afford it).  I get around just fine. San Diego is not L.A. Maybe you should come here and witness it for yourself. Life is Not Blue Collar or Hippie. It's what you make of it.

That being said I know Ohio takes a lot of hits from those outside. I am sure you can take it though, after all you are America's true heart. Right? 

32 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

We are not who you think we are. We are cultured. We are complicated, but we do not wage war on travelers.  We are as passionate as you are. We just prefer sunshine and a life not so cut-throat ...not so rat racey...and possibly more forgiving

I thought Steve nailed it. I've been out there numerous times at length. It's nothing but a rat race. It's not for everyone. 

15 hours ago, boltnlava said:

I cannot trust you as I am here. Now. And telling you I would be nowhere else. Your narrative is bias. Bias spreads hate. We are not who you think we are. We are cultured. We are complicated, but we do not wage war on travelers.  We are as passionate as you are. We just prefer sunshine and a life not so cut-throat ...not so rat racey...and possibly more forgiving (if you can afford it).  I get around just fine. San Diego is not L.A. Maybe you should come here and witness it for yourself. Life is Not Blue Collar or Hippie. It's what you make of it.

That being said I know Ohio takes a lot of hits from those outside. I am sure you can take it though, after all you are America's true heart. Right? 

I admit I have not spent a lot of time in San Diego and have not even been there in at least 10-15 years. Maybe it isn't the same or that much like LA. Or maybe SD people just don't like being lumped in with LA and the rest of SoCal. 

Believe it or not, not every person in the world wants to live in Cali, I know that doesn't mesh with the Cali mindset, and the fact that virtually everybody you meet is from somewhere else. One of my brothers retired and left the LA area, he lives about an hour north of Sacramento, and that was a nice area and I got a generally better vibe from those I met there. Of course the first question everybody asked "So are you going to retire/move here", my simple answer was "if money were no object maybe, but since it is probably not". 

There is no denying that every urban area in CA is far more crowded than here. Getting from one place to another can take a long time, when I had multiple siblings living in LA getting from one to the other was always a chore, one in Canyon Country, another in Agoura Hills, a third in LA proper (Eagle Rock area). I remember one brother saying "if we don't leave now we may as well wait a few hours to avoid the traffic". The cost of living is much higher as well. 

As I stated earlier, I just get tired of people ripping on the place I live, or acting like everybody should want to live where they do (be it Cali, NY, Miami) etc. Don't care if people are kidding, because there's usually some true feeling of negativity that is part of their attempted humor. 

I've talked to many people that have visited Ohio and found it to be nothing like what they heard, and some actually.....enjoy their visits here.