[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: Julio Jones on the trade block

Wolverines Fan

16 hours ago, Shaft said:

There's also talk of the Patriots.

Yeah.  He wants to play with his boy Cam Newton.  Talking heads on NFL-N and ESPN saying that the Pats would be back into Super Bowl contention if it happens.  LOL whatever.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Shaft said:

Man, he made no bones about it, he's gone. I'm guessing the Falcons aren't real happy, especially if they are currently in negotiations with teams. 

Edited by League_Champion

38 minutes ago, Shaft said:

So he was just trolling the Cowboys and their fans by wearing their gear while walking around the Dallas airport :thinking:

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

So he was just trolling the Cowboys and their fans by wearing their gear while walking around the Dallas airport :thinking:

What a coincidence, right? If he ends up on the Cowboys, he will act like this was all a performance to mislead the public. :lol:

18 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I predict Tennessee

They could really use him. The Titans don't have much going at wideout behind A.J. Brown.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

They could really use him. The Titans don't have much going at wideout behind A.J. Brown.

Well, that's why I drafted Dez Fitzpatrick on my dynasty rosters. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Don't sleep on Josh Reynolds.  He was supposed to tear it up for the Rams last year but only went for 52/618/2.  I think he could approach 70-75 catches this year.

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Local radio is tearing Shannon Sharpe a new a-hole for calling Jones with Shannon's personal cell and not telling Jones he was live on the air.

SS is A real do0sh for doing that

Yeah, I saw that Julio didn't know he was on air. That's doing a "friend" dirty.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I don't listen to Shannon and skip show but heard they're one of the least respected media teams. Apparently, plenty of agents won't let their clients go on that show.

And i don't know why cowherd is On the radio being a racist and sexist

I watch clips of them on YouTube and they're worst then Stephen A and Skip was years ago. They try to be funny, but it's pretty flat.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, darin3 said:

Don't sleep on Josh Reynolds.  He was supposed to tear it up for the Rams last year but only went for 52/618/2.  I think he could approach 70-75 catches this year.

Oops that signing slipped under my radar. 

If he's the full time starter opposite of Brown from the get go, agree, 70+ catches is realistic.

Edited by Wolverines Fan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Could be, however, I think it's probably another 50-650-4 type of year. 

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I don't listen to Shannon and skip show but heard they're one of the least respected media teams. Apparently, plenty of agents won't let their clients go on that show.

And i don't know why cowherd is On the radio being a racist and sexist

I hate Skip and honestly, can't even hear what Sharpe is saying as I try to work passed his lisp.  Just a brutal team. However, Steven A. Smith is awful to listen to as well. Every time he comes on, I can't turn him off fast enough, before even my wife will say that guy is incredibly annoying!

• Haha 1

He will definitely be traded after June 1. Yes I think he wants to play with Newton so Patriots are a strong possibility. Don't count of the Titans. Paired with.AJ Brown would be decent and I actually think Brown's value increase because of coverage on Jones. If that happens I think Brown is a can't miss top 3 WR.

13 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Oops that signing slipped under my radar. 

If he's the full time starter opposite of Brown from the get go, agree, 70+ catches is realistic.

Yep with Corey Davis gone they have his 92 targets to give to another WR. And their 3rd leading pass receiver TE Jonnu Smith is gone to the Pats. Not sure where his 65 targets go, their 2nd TE Fisker already had 50+ targets. 

On 5/25/2021 at 7:00 AM, Docniner said:

He will definitely be traded after June 1. Yes I think he wants to play with Newton so Patriots are a strong possibility. Don't count of the Titans. Paired with.AJ Brown would be decent and I actually think Brown's value increase because of coverage on Jones. If that happens I think Brown is a can't miss top 3 WR.

Why Newton? His passing looked like he had diminished skills. Then again, so does Julio Jones lately. And what if they switch to Mac Jones at some point. Maybe he didn't hear the Patriots are no longer strong contenders for the Super Bowl?

1 hour ago, DMD said:

Why Newton? His passing looked like he had diminished skills. Then again, so does Julio Jones lately. And what if they switch to Mac Jones at some point. Maybe he didn't hear the Patriots are no longer strong contenders for the Super Bowl?

He's super tight with Cam.  Sometimes that's enough.  Even with degraded skills.  And folks on TV seem to think Pats would be a SB contender with the addition of Julio.  I don't see it, but for some reason they do.

Yeah, I don't see it, either.  Julio was great in his prime, and might make a huge difference for a team with an elite QB, assuming he can stay healthy.  With Cam, it's really hard to imagine.  But, they are both well past their prime, I would say.  Would Julio improve New England's offense?  Of course.  I'd say playoff relevant, certainly (again, assuming he's healthy).  SB contender?  I have a hard time seeing that, unless them getting back their Covid Opt-out's is enough to already put them close to the conversation.  And I don't see that being the case, either. 

5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

No way does ATL have a first round offer on the table from anyone. No way

• PFT's Mike Florio reports the Titans have emerged as the favorites to trade for Julio Jones.

The "current expectation" is the Falcons will trade Jones to the Titans for a second-round pick. This conflicts with previous reports — ESPN reported the Falcons have a first-round offer for Jones and the Titans are a "longshot" to land him. With Atlanta facing cap pressure, it's possible they'll have to settle for less than a Day 1 pick for Jones if they don't contribute to his salary. The Patriots, who have had internal talks about Jones, also remain in play as a landing spot.

RELATED: 
    May 30, 2021, 11:56 AM ET

Do the Texans have a first round draft pick in 2022? If yes then nothing is off the table. :bash:

Barring abject stupidity on the part of some team, I totally agree with you. But teams violate the law of rational trading all the time....

Atlanta keeps saying they want a 1st rounder for Julio and don't know if they're opposed to trading him to a team in the NFC. I think teams may be a little hesitant to give up a 1st rounder on a receiver who's had health issues recently and missed games. He 's not old but maybe his skills are diminishing a bit but his skillset still makes him a pretty good WR. I'd love to see him going to the 49ers but they surely don't have a 1st round next year or the next. Jones has a connection with Shanahan and he was pretty productive when Shanny was in Atlants. Jones wants to go to a team that's ready to win. 49ers are certainly that this year. Somehow someway the 49ers need to figure it out and make an offer for Julio. He'd definitely help the 49ers chances of making the playoffs better although I think they make it without him. 

3 hours ago, Docniner said:

Atlanta keeps saying they want a 1st rounder for Julio and don't know if they're opposed to trading him to a team in the NFC. I think teams may be a little hesitant to give up a 1st rounder on a receiver who's had health issues recently and missed games. He 's not old but maybe his skills are diminishing a bit but his skillset still makes him a pretty good WR. I'd love to see him going to the 49ers but they surely don't have a 1st round next year or the next. Jones has a connection with Shanahan and he was pretty productive when Shanny was in Atlants. Jones wants to go to a team that's ready to win. 49ers are certainly that this year. Somehow someway the 49ers need to figure it out and make an offer for Julio. He'd definitely help the 49ers chances of making the playoffs better although I think they make it without him. 

They're not getting a 1st.  It'll be a 2nd and some extra spice from the rack to get it done. 

• Like 1