[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2021 Draft Chat

League_Champion

Look at the success of rookie QBs last year. And TB wins a Super Bowl by getting Brady. I think the hunger for QBs will not only see 4 in a row to start, but maybe some interesting trades go down.

16 minutes ago, DMD said:

Look at the success of rookie QBs last year. And TB wins a Super Bowl by getting Brady. I think the hunger for QBs will not only see 4 in a row to start, but maybe some interesting trades go down.

I agree. I'm thinking Denver and/or New England trade up to get higher picks. 

59 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I still have a hard time imagining that SF traded all that draft capital to draft Mac Jones. But who knows?? 

I am convinced that they're taking Trey Lance.  They don't need a high-floor / low-ceiling guy like Jones.  They already have that in Jimmy G.  They want the upside of Lance.

18 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I am convinced that they're taking Trey Lance.  They don't need a high-floor / low-ceiling guy like Jones.  They already have that in Jimmy G.  They want the upside of Lance.

Yup, to me Lance makes much more sense. They didn't need to get to 3 for Jones, especially at the time. How do you pass up Fields at 3 though? I don't understand how he's falling. He & Lawrence were 1 & 2 with nobody close when the College Football Season ended. 

Edited by League_Champion

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

No, I like Fields and still think he's easily the 2nd best QB in the draft. Wilson has no business being drafted at 2 IMO. 

Thanks for your reply.  A few years ago I would have already studied every offensive player in the first few rounds and had ratings on all of them but these days my interest in FF is waning so I no longer put in the effort.  That said, from a very high level view, it seems Fields should be the 2nd QB off the board simply because he was an elite 11 runner up to Trevor and had a great college career.  Guy seems to be at the top at every level.  I do like the way Wilson throws the ball, he has a fluidity that you can't coach.  But I don't really know, so I'm curious what y'all think.

1 minute ago, Brentastic said:

I do like the way Wilson throws the ball, he has a fluidity that you can't coach.  But I don't really know, so I'm curious what y'all think.

NOBODY was talking about Wilson a year ago. He had 1 good season at a mediocre football school playing in a horrible Conference against glorified Community Colleges. Guys like this rarely pan out if ever. At least Fields did it at a very high level. 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

NOBODY was talking about Wilson a year ago. He had 1 good season at a mediocre football school playing in a horrible Conference against glorified Community Colleges. Guys like this rarely pan out if ever. At least Fields did it at a very high level. 

I tend to agree.  Without doing the proper research (I haven't this season) I would say Fields all day at #2 based on what I'm seeing now with minimal game tape study.

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

so any guess as to why everyone thinks Wilson at #2?

I'm going off chatter I've heard this week... but wasn't his 2019 season riddled with injuries or bad coaching or something?  He definitely had an outlier season in 2020 but maybe 2019 was the outlier for his skills?  I don't know the answer, looking for clarity myself.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

No, I like Fields and still think he's easily the 2nd best QB in the draft. Wilson has no business being drafted at 2 IMO. 

:rofl: You flip and flop more than a pair of sandals.  What happened to your usual "OSU QBs are crappy" talk?

• Haha 2

Just now, Brentastic said:

How are you ranking these top 5 QBs, big D?  Lay it on me!

I assume you're talking for fantasy purposes and not like "wins and losses" for his team...

1.  Lawrence - best QB since Luck, and possibly a lot like in him in that he has "nothing to prove".  Could that do him in?  I say no.  He'll be a stud.

2.  Fields - part Murray, part Allen.  Nice arm, great athleticism and will put up great fantasy stats.

3.  Wilson - I think he'll put up nice fantasy numbers but won't be a "winner" per se'.

4.  Lance - jury is out but the tape is enough for me to say he has the goods.... rather gamble on him than say...

5.  Jones - high floor but low ceiling... not what you want for your fantasy starter

• Thanks 1