[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers wants out of GB

darin3

Ruh-roh.

There were rumors of Rodgers-to-SF a few weeks ago, and as recently as a few days ago the Packers said NO.

Well, now this just comes out:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2941907-aaron-rodgers-reportedly-unhappy-with-packers-doesnt-want-to-return-to-gb

I bet he comes out west and Packers get 1.03 and likely more for A-Rodg.

Crazyness about to ensue!

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I bet he comes out west and Packers get 1.03 and likely more for A-Rodg.

Crazyness about to ensue!

This is crazy. The best part is that SF shot their load when they traded up to 3. Now they have no additional #1 picks to offer. Unless ....... They did it for GB because GB didn't have the ammo. HMMMMM 

57 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Not happening. Denver would of picked GBs next QB tonight if there was any deal close 

Exactly.

I wonder if Rodgers is planning a preseason holdout.

Well that escalated quickly. I just tuned into this this morning I didn't really pay attention to the news yesterday. It sounds like Rodgers doesn't want to play for the Packers. So I'm not sure what their plans are. If they don't find a good resolution to this Gutekunst may be in trouble. SF sounds like they didn't have enough first-round picks to do it. Could be messy. Maybe this Denver deal is still alive though

So day one of the draft is in the books and there was no Rodgers trade. Presumably SF was rebuffed and it appears that DEN wasn't that interested in a QB and instead drafted a CB with Fields/Jones still available (both went in the next 6 picks so they're not a reach). Then Packers GM says they're not trading Rodgers. I'm sure today Schefter and the rest of the NFL spinsters (drama peddlers) will tell us he's still really unhappy and won't be in GB for long....

36 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Well that escalated quickly. I just tuned into this this morning I didn't really pay attention to the news yesterday. It sounds like Rodgers doesn't want to play for the Packers. So I'm not sure what their plans are. If they don't find a good resolution to this Gutekunst may be in trouble. SF sounds like they didn't have enough first-round picks to do it. Could be messy. Maybe this Denver deal is still alive though

Sounds like = media folks reporting their sources tell them Rodgers is unhappy.   Maybe he'd like the Packers to give him some weapons or an OL instead of drafting his replacement and defensive players with their top picks. Doesn't mean he is threatening to leave or could hold out. 

Sure it could happen, and monkeys might fly out of my butt. Why do fans continue to believe all these rumors when so few of them pan out? What is gained by buying into this drama? Other than giving you something to talk about. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Sounds like = media folks reporting their sources tell them Rodgers is unhappy.   Maybe he'd like the Packers to give him some weapons or an OL instead of drafting his replacement and defensive players with their top picks. Doesn't mean he is threatening to leave or could hold out. 

Sure it could happen, and monkeys might fly out of my butt. Why do fans continue to believe all these rumors when so few of them pan out? What is gained by buying into this drama? Other than giving you something to talk about. 

No you're absolutely right. I think it's just kind of fun to speculate a little bit.  But Aaron Rodgers being a deliberate and intelligent guy he either wants those rumors to continue to put pressure on the Packers or he really does not want which is a big issue.