[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers wants out of GB

darin3

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

No you're absolutely right. I think it's just kind of fun to speculate a little bit.  But Aaron Rodgers being a deliberate and intelligent guy he either wants those rumors to continue to put pressure on the Packers or he really does not want which is a big issue. 

I'm just amused at how sports fans eat up this gossip. 

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I don't think they're all created equal. Some of the pre-draft hype gets over done and over speculated upon, but this Rodgers stuff does sound somewhat legitimate. 

I think part of what makes it sound legit is so many people talking about it, from him being unhappy to the many rumors about potential trades. Mark Schlereth is saying "its as close to a done deal as you get, but it could still fall apart".  Hmm so "if he's traded I'm right, if he isn't I was still right."  

I'm just very skeptical, and find the amount of spin and wild speculation provided by the media (and eaten up by fans) bewildering. 

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

is there a reason why Rodgers -- assuming he truly is unhappy -- doesn't come out and say it and state that he's never ever taking a snap for GB ever again and he'd rather retire if he's not traded?

i guess what I'm asking is... what are the consequences to him saying that? (he can always praise the people of GB and state it's just the organization)

See you're assuming he's either being traded or going to holdout or retire, when he's made no such comment. All based on innuendo, rumor and gossip provided by the media, from their many "unnamed but well connected sources."

Rodgers has said he wants to finish his career with the Packers, now suddenly that means nothing because media rumors swirl saying the opposite. Sure he's also expressed some unhappiness, which he should as they keep wasting draft picks that don't help them win a SB. You'd be pissed too. Does that mean he'll hold out, or retire?  Or be traded? Maybe, but I think the odds are lower than people are talking, many acting like its a done deal that he won't be on the field for GB come week 1. 

How many here will remember this in a week or two if Rodgers is not traded, or doesn't hold out or retire? Not enough.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i posted questions, not statements. Try to be less contrary.

Your questions ASSUME lots of things based on media speculation and ask why Rodgers isn't making statements that support those claims by the media.

Enjoy the rest of the draft and the HS drama games. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Your questions ASSUME lots of things based on media speculation and ask why Rodgers isn't making statements that support those claims by the media.

Enjoy the rest of the draft and the HS drama games. 

Calm down Karen. We aren't GMs, coaches or scouts. We're just a bunch of knuckleheads taking everything football. Stop worrying about everyone else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:
From NFL Draft Kickoff: The #Packers are dug in and so is QB Aaron Rodgers. Remember, Rodgers' agent Dave Dunn helped Carson Palmer shoot his way out of Cincy... even if it took a while. Perhaps a similar game plan, stay tuned for the results.

The NFL is gonna be PISSED with all the Packers games that were more than likely going to be in prime time if this happens. Especially the Chiefs/Packers game. And right before the schedule announcement in a couple of weeks.

Would make the Broncos/Chiefs games must-see TV though. 

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Speculation is that Denver has a deal in place but GB wants to wait due to the cap hit

That wouldn't stop them from announcing the deal now. And if there was any type of deal in place it would involved this year's draft picks along with future assets. They wouldn't wait to accumulate assets. 

35 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Philly has 3 first round picks next season, just sayin. 

He ain't playing for Philly!

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

SF was out the second they gave up two #1 picks to get Lance. Whoever lands him will have to give up a ton. It will probably be the biggest draft package ever. 

Ahem, no I believe that record will stay with the Vikings when they traded for Herschel Walker. One of the all-time worst trades in all of sports

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Ahem, no I believe that record will stay with the Vikings when they traded for Herschel Walker. One of the all-time worst trades in all of sports

Ohh yeah. That will be hard to beat, especially nowadays. I forget exactly what Ditka gave up for Ricky Williams but I think it was a whole draft. 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Ohh yeah. That will be hard to beat, especially nowadays. I forget exactly what Ditka gave up for Ricky Williams but I think it was a whole draft. 

The Vikings gave up two good players three first-round draft picks 3 seconds and something else. I mean maybe Rodgers could get four first round draft picks? But I doubt it and even then it still wouldn't probably equal the deal. The Vikings basically made the Cowboys dynasty of the 90s, granted they did draft well. 

Edited by purplemonster

Just now, purplemonster said:

The Vikings gave up two good players three first-round draft picks 3 seconds and something else. I mean maybe Rodgers could get four first round draft picks? But I doubt it and even then it still wouldn't probably equal the deal

Wow, I didn't realize it was that much. That will be hard to beat. If it was a younger Rogers, maybe.

The Herschel Walker Trade, which happened October 12, 1989 per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

To Dallas Cowboys To Minnesota Vikings To San Diego Chargers
  • LB Jesse Solomon
  • LB David Howard
  • CB Issiac Holt
  • DE Alex Stewart
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional on cutting Solomon)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional on cutting Howard)
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1992 (conditional on cutting Holt)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (condition met by trading away Nelson)
  • Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional on cutting Stewart)
  • RB Herschel Walker
  • Dallas's 3rd round pick in 1990
  • San Diego's 5th round pick in 1990
  • Dallas's 10th round pick in 1990
  • Dallas's 3rd round pick in 1991

Edited by Wolverines Fan

3 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

The Herschel Walker Trade, which happened October 12, 1989 per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

To Dallas Cowboys To Minnesota Vikings To San Diego Chargers
  • LB Jesse Solomon
  • LB David Howard
  • CB Issiac Holt
  • DE Alex Stewart
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional on cutting Solomon)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional on cutting Howard)
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1992 (conditional on cutting Holt)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (condition met by trading away Nelson)
  • Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional on cutting Stewart)
  • RB Herschel Walker
  • Dallas's 3rd round pick in 1990
  • San Diego's 5th round pick in 1990
  • Dallas's 10th round pick in 1990
  • Dallas's 3rd round pick in 1991

There will never be another trade like this again. Incredible deal that lead to the dominance of the Cowboys in the 90s.