darin3

Rodgers wants out of GB

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, purplemonster said:

The Vikings gave up two good players three first-round draft picks 3 seconds and something else. I mean maybe Rodgers could get four first round draft picks? But I doubt it and even then it still wouldn't probably equal the deal. The Vikings basically made the Cowboys dynasty of the 90s, granted they did draft well. 

Only way to so 4 1st rnd. is on draft day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, stethant said:

I would play the long game with this ARod rumor. The salary cap hit goes down >$10 million if he's traded after June 1. So everyone just R-E-L-A-X and let this play out.


Where's the fun in that ;)

 

Rodgers won't be traded, he won't hold out, he won't retire, he will be the Packers starting QB in week 1 of the 2021 season. 

Edited by stevegrab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Do you think he knows something?

Well, if anyone does, other than the brass, it'd be him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Rodgers won't be traded, he won't hold out, he won't retire, he will be the Packers starting QB in week 1 of the 2021 season. 

 

I tend to agree but what makes you so sure? He's 37 years old, if he doesn't want to be there, he won't be there. At this point I'm 60/40 he's back. The riff is real. 

 

 

 

Edited by League_Champion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Rodgers actually responded to this publicly since Thursday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, chester said:

Has Rodgers actually responded to this publicly since Thursday?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

He'll be back because he's too weak to truly stand his ground.

 

This is true. He's very passive aggressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

I tend to agree but what makes you so sure? He's 37 years old, if he doesn't want to be there, he won't be there. At this point I'm 60/40 he's back. The riff is real. 

 

 

 

Didn't say I was sure, there are very few sure things in life. It is just my opinion, I know its boring and doesn't generate a lot of discussion but that's not my angle. I think they work things out, and I don't think he's ready to retire of have a messy holdout situation. 

 

Yes the rift (not riff, that's a musical term) is real, but it doesn't mean the relationship is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

This is true. He's very passive aggressive. 

 

Have either of you ever met and talked with him?


Doubt it, so this is just opinion based on bits of info you get mostly spun by media and based on reports from unnamed sources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stevegrab said:

 

Have either of you ever met and talked with him?


Doubt it, so this is just opinion based on bits of info you get mostly spun by media and based on reports from unnamed sources. 

 

C'mon Steve, he's always been passive aggressive. Why do you think he leaks this crap? Because he's too afraid to go to management or ownership? He's always pulling this crap. Him or his people leak shizz so he doesn't have to deal with it. And meanwhile he babyfaces and Shakespeares off the deal like he has no idea what is going on. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by League_Champion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LordOpie said:

actually, I think the team leaked it. 

On the radio, just before the draft, Mark Schelereth read the text exchange between him and Aaron. Aaron specifically asked Mark who leaked it. It was pretty clear that Aaron didn't leak it, was surprised it was leaked and wanted to know who was responsible.

In addition, the info that's come out was that GB and DEN had a confirmed deal in place and the GB GM got cold feet and pulled the offer. 

 

I seriously doubt that. There's nothing in it for GB to leak it. They know they'll never get equal value. So give the guy what he wants and keep it hush hush. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

actually, I think the team leaked it. 

On the radio, just before the draft, Mark Schelereth read the text exchange between him and Aaron. Aaron specifically asked Mark who leaked it. It was pretty clear that Aaron didn't leak it, was surprised it was leaked and wanted to know who was responsible.

In addition, the info that's come out was that GB and DEN had a confirmed deal in place and the GB GM got cold feet and pulled the offer. 

 

I think its wishful thinking on your part. Its something you want to happen.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

Lol thanks for posting

Yes I know he wants out. Yes I know Denver is 1 of 3 teams he would go to. Green Bay will let him hold out the season before trading him.    

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Green Bay will let him hold out the season before trading him.    

 

What good would that do GB though? He'll be a year older and have even less value. If it's him walking or 3+ first round picks, what do you think they'd do? 

 

 

Edited by League_Champion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

 

What good would that do GB though? He'll be a year older and have even less value. If it's him walking or 3+ first round picks, what do you think they'd do? 

 

 

I believe Green Bay will make a statement and say your getting 40 million to play if not we will play Love.

 

Edited by Bakerboy
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

I believe Green Bay will make a statement and say your getting 40 million to play if not we will play Love.

 

 

It's a business, they don't care about making statements. They need to do what's best for the franchise. Letting Rogers walk or sit does nothing for anyone, especially at his age. Do you really believe they'd slit their own throat just to "make a statement"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

It's a business, they don't care about making statements. They need to do what's best for the franchise. Letting Rogers walk or sit does nothing for anyone, especially at his age. Do you really believe they'd slit their own throat just to "make a statement"? 

 

It's "Rodgers".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, darin3 said:

 

It's "Rodgers".

 

Exactly! He's not walking and they aren't giving him away for nothing. That's a 6 win team at best without Rogers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

Exactly! He's not walking and they aren't giving him away for nothing. That's a 6 win team at best without Rogers. 

 

Who knows what'll happen.... but truth is the NFL has become the best reality show out there!  :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...with the diva.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brett Favre situation is the elephant in the room here.  No matter what Gut might want to do with Rodgers, nobody in the Packer organization wants a repeat of the ugly Favre drama, and we're halfway down that road already.  Rodgers will retire a Packer, will be an ambassador for the Packers, and will have a life long association with the Packers.  At least that's what the team hopes.  Murphy's job is to play diplomat here and try to smooth things out so people move forward on good terms.  In other words, I think this is going to be a long drawn out process with a lot going on behind closed doors.  In the end, Rodgers may decide that he simply wants to finish his career somewhere else.  The Packers will try to make that process happen as cleanly as possible, which might be difficult with Rodgers.  But at least he isn't airing all his dirty laundry in front of the media the way Favre did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers will definitely be traded, or retire, or hold out....unless he remains the Packers starting QB and takes the field.....

 

And round goes the drama.....NFL style

 

And it is Rodgers with a D, amazing people could learn how to spell Favre (which sounds like Farv) but can't get this one straight.

 

And since we're talking Favre, here is what he thinks

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31394130/brett-favre-says-not-optimistic-aaron-rodgers-play-green-bay-packers-again

Edited by stevegrab
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AJ Hawk, who is one of Rodger's best friends, says there's no way he retires.  And he said there's very little chance that he's calling for the GM's firing.

 

So it looks like he'll either be traded or the fences will somehow be mended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.