darin3

Rodgers wants out of GB

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I think the team or Rogerz should call out the media people pushing this because the person reporting a lie should be outed and blackballed. 

 

Rogers can go on Primetime Sportscenter and squash this at anytime, IF he wanted to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

but WHY draft a QB in the first round when your HoF QB still has 3-6 years left of high level play?

 

Why not?  2018 and 2019 weren't Rodgers best years.  The Packers can't predict how long he'll keep playing.  They had an opportunity to grab a good young QB so they took it.  It was good value for the spot.  Rodgers shouldn't worry about it.  If he wants to keep playing, let the Packers figure out what to do with Love.  If nothing else, Love becomes a good trade chip down the road the way Brunell was during Favre's time.  You have to always be thinking about having the next guy in line ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'd be surprised if he retired if he didn't get traded. 40 million is a lot of money no matter who you are. Also I think he needs to realize it isn't that easy to get everything you want when you are taking up such a huge portion of the payroll. He's upset about the replacement pick and it seemed like it was handled poorly by Gutekunst. At the same time you don't want to be left holding the bag on a 40 million QB when his effectiveness wanes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, League_Champion said:

 

How was 2020? 

 

What's your point?  They drafted a good young QB when they had the chance to.  If he ends up sitting on the bench behind Rodgers for the next 6 years that's a Love and Packers issue.  Rodgers just needs to play his game and not worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike C said:

 

What's your point?  They drafted a good young QB when they had the chance to.  If he ends up sitting on the bench behind Rodgers for the next 6 years that's a Love and Packers issue.  Rodgers just needs to play his game and not worry about it.

 

Love couldn't even sniff the gameday roster. That's what they think about him.

Edited by League_Champion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

do you think the draft positions of Love and Brunell is a fair comparison?

 

Do you think the Packers don't have a right to draft the best player the can at any position they see fit?  Players get pushed all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

and, ya know, the other years?

 

??  Right.  That's how we got here.  moving on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

 

Love couldn't even sniff the gameday roster. That's what they think about him.

 

Exactly why Rodgers shouldn't worry about it.  To him, Love should just be another dude sitting on the bench behind him.  I honestly don't think Love is really the big issue with Rodgers here though.  There needs to be more going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

Love couldn't even sniff the gameday roster. That's what they think about him.

Love was 3rd string last year.  They cut Boyle in the off-season so Love is now 2nd string.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike C said:

 

Do you think the Packers don't have a right to draft the best player the can at any position they see fit?  Players get pushed all the time.

 

Jordan Love was the best available player? Do you follow any football? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LordOpie said:

that's a disingenuous tangent.

Nor answers the question that you compared a 1st round to 5th round expenditure

 

 

I never compared 1st and 5th rounders.  What relevance does where Brunell was drafted have when he proved he had the talent to be a starting QB in the league?  I'm not sure what argument you are looking for here or what point of yours you think I contradicted.  Brunell was merely a side note in my post.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big John said:

Love was 3rd string last year.  They cut Boyle in the off-season so Love is now 2nd string.

 

And they didn't dress 3 QBs last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike C said:

 

I never compared 1st and 5th rounders.  What relevance does where Brunell was drafted have when he proved he had the talent to be a starting QB in the league?  I'm not sure what argument you are looking for here or what point of yours you think I contradicted.  Brunell was merely a side note in my post.  

 

You officially spun yourself out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

 

Jordan Love was the best available player? Do you follow any football? 

 

Oh  for crying out loud.  This is the road your going down now?  People really are desperate for arguments today.  Do you think the Packers drafted Love if they didn't believe he was bpa?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Denver radio and fans not only want to take that chance, but are willing to give up some first rounds picks to roll that dice

Well I thought the pick was silly to be honest so I see where Rodgers is coming from. He's only got so much time, he needed a receiver, there were plenty of super high-quality WR available and they pick a project QB. I can see why it's maddening from Rodgers standpoint. That and the fact they didn't extend him further and he's not that old he's 37. Hindsight being 20/20 they should have just bitten the bullet and gotten it done. I'm sure there is more to it than this though, it's like a marriage you never really know what's going on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

Well I thought the pick was silly to be honest so I see where Rodgers is coming from. He's only got so much time, he needed a receiver, there were plenty of super high-quality WR available and they pick a project QB. I can see why it's maddening from Rodgers standpoint. That and the fact they didn't extend him further and he's not that old he's 37. Hindsight being 20/20 they should have just bitten the bullet and gotten it done. I'm sure there is more to it than this though, it's like a marriage you never really know what's going on.

 

He was one weapon away from being in The Superbowl last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, League_Champion said:

 

He was one weapon away from being in The Superbowl last season. 

Well that's the thing, it's not minor. I think with that extra receiver they may have made it to the Superbowl. Jordan love contributed exactly zippo and they were one play away. You can imagine the guys frustration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, purplemonster said:

Well that's the thing, it's not minor. I think with that extra receiver they may have made it to the Superbowl. Jordan love contributed exactly zippo and they were one play away. You can imagine the guys frustration

 

Yup, imagine if they traded up for Justin Jefferson. We'd be talking about something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mike C said:

 

Exactly why Rodgers shouldn't worry about it.  To him, Love should just be another dude sitting on the bench behind him.  I honestly don't think Love is really the big issue with Rodgers here though.  There needs to be more going on.

 

What's going on is that the team has done little to add players that will help them win now with Rodgers, instead drafting Love and other guys that aren't going to help. 

 

Do you think the GB front office is infallible? They should not be drafting BPA, they have needs and are not filling them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

What's going on is that the team has done little to add players that will help them win now with Rodgers, instead drafting Love and other guys that aren't going to help. 

 

Do you think the GB front office is infallible? They should not be drafting BPA, they have needs and are not filling them. 

 

The GB front office is far from infallible.  I blame them for a lot of my hair loss over the years.  Lol   I would have loved for them to draft a WR there last year.  They could also trade for one or sign one as a FA.  They've missed too many opportunities there for sure.  I do like to addition of Dillon in round 2 last year.  That was smart with both Jones and Williams pending FAs.  More than the WR though, I would think losing Linsley would be the move to really upset Rodgers.  I'm sure Rodgers has a lot to be upset about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not just that they traded up to get a project QB, it’s that it was possibly the best and deepest WR class ever and they didn’t draft one at all. Look at Tyler Johnson, he was a 5th rd pick and contributed to the Bucs last year even with the depth they have at WR. He may have very well been a starter as a rookie for Green Bay and he was a 5th rd pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

Good! Run him out of town! 

Denver world be thrilled to have him. How often does a team go from irrelevant to Superbowl discussion? 

 

After the Denver Broncos passed on Ohio State’s Justin Fields and Alabama’s Mac Jones in the 2021 NFL draft, Draft Wire’s Luke Easterling has them selecting a quarterback in his way-too-early 2022 NFL draft.

Draft Wire has the Broncos drafting Georgia quarterback JT Daniels in the first round, a sign that Easterling is not sold on Drew Lock.

Daniels (6-3, 210 pounds) is the fifth QB picked in Easterling’s mock, behind Sam Howell (No. 1), Spencer Rattler (No. 2), Kedon Slovis (No. 8) and Desmond Ridder (No. 14).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.