[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers wants out of GB

darin3

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Good! Run him out of town! 

Denver world be thrilled to have him. How often does a team go from irrelevant to Superbowl discussion? 

This is exactly right. The fans turning on him either 1) makes things easier for team management or 2) is being driven by management to make them look better

I agree with Robert Mays - this is a great example of when a team could benefit from having an owner that could see the bigger picture and try not to piss off your multi-MVP QB who nearly single-handedly f-u'ed the Packers to the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/05/report-aaron-rodgers-referred-to-g-m-brian-gutekunst-as-jerry-krause-in-texts-with-teammates/

Per this article Rodgers, in texts with teammates, referred to Gutekunst as Jerry Krause. :blink:

It's something Chicago sports fans can understand.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

44 minutes ago, League_Champion said:
Packers have begun exploring QBs they can add to their roster for OTAs and training camp, per sources. Jordan Love currently is the only other quarterback on the roster, but the team also faces uncertainty surrounding Aaron Rodgers. Packers’ QB search includes some veterans.

Teams usually carry 3-4 QBs into OTAs and training camp so they can split reps.

9 hours ago, chester said:

I still haven't seen a direct opinion from Rodgers on the situation.

I don't think it matters, many fans have made up their minds that he's a jerk for even considering leaving the Packers. Or all this drama around him, which is mostly being created by the medial with all their innuendo and rumors from various unnamed (but supposedly trustworthy) sources. Even the thing posted about booing him at a minor league baseball game is just a reporter saying they heard booing, not actual video of this happening. 

If I were him I'd tell everybody to (the really bad word) off and just retire. He's been paid nearly a quarter billion dollars in his career already (just NFL salary) so I doubt he really needs the money. Maybe he loves the attention though. 

28 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I think they'll trade him to wherever they get the best package. What's the difference, they'll be starting over anyway if he's gone. 

You're not feeling the Love?  

52 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

yup

also, i keep hearing about how when Aaron is burned, that's it. He cut off his family and doesn't speak to them. No judgement from me as I have no info, just saying pointing out that Aaron has the ability to walk away 100% and no look back.

People's personal lives are none of our business, but I think you're on point here. If the dude can cut off his whole family and still be successful, I don't think he has any problem walking away from an organization. He clearly has conviction when he feels something. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Haha, nope. I don't think they are either. They thought so much of him that they didn't dress him last season. That's all you need to know. 

Good golly, man.... you are reading WAY too much into that.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I can't help but think... if there's a deal between GB and DEN that GB will not want Teddy in return, eventho it's a good idea to have a veteran to help Love develop because I bet they'd be afraid that Teddy beats out Love for the starting job.

I just don't think Denver has the assets to make that deal. Look at teams like Miami, Philly, NY and others who have been stockpiling picks. I strongly doubt it would happen but Philly could offer 3 number one picks for next year and additional picks on the backside. That's insane 

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

this. 100% on all.

it's none of our business, but i agree does show he has serious strength of conviction. 

also, Denver fans were freaking out about the rumor that Aaron flew into Centennial airport, about five minutes from the Broncos facility, but radio guys warned that he's probably here with his woman (girlfriend or wife?) who has family/friends in Boulder. 

It's funny because I didn't know about the riff until my wife was watching the Bachelor. I overheard something in the background about the Rodgers family, so I started paying attention,  and they aired so much dirty laundry on national TV. Aaron didn't say a thing and just carried on about his business. We don't know what's going to happen, but it shouldn't surprise anyone if he's gone with no parting words.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I think that's exactly what it is. Either way he could end all of this nonesense right now. He's either not man enough to do so or he loves it. 

Or there could be a lot of other reasons he isn't addressing it, like he wants to keep playing and winning another title and speaking about it can harm those chances.

We don't know, but most have made their judgements and either hate or love Rodgers and won't care what the real story is. 

Believe it or not, I had not heard about this whole thing with him cutting of his family, so I read up a bit on that. And it is full of mostly innuendo and media takes based on tidbits of info from various family members. (Yes his father confirmed at one time it had been years since he talked to Aaron.) 

The Packers could have prevented a lot of this nonsense by trying to build a team that could win it all while they have a HOF QB. But they figured a backup and project starting QB was a better plan. 

Some dufus who works for the local paper covered a total non-story as some other idiots at ESPN speculated on teams that should try to trade for Rodgers, with a Browns trade sending 2022 & 23 first round picks, plus Mayfield and Njoku to GB for Rodgers :rolleyes:   At least it was filed under the entertainment section, since that is this guys specialty, another being telling us what Stephen A. Smith thinks about CLE sports teams/players.

I'm just tired of the silly drama, most of it manufactured (or greatly amplified) by media and fans. (Yes I know I've probably said that a million times, should tell you how tired I really am.) 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Mike C said:

Sure because the guy who's earned about 1/4 billion dollars from his NFL job needs free food at some local brewhouse to keep him in GB 

But hey its nice free publicity and may even get some Packer fans to support his business. 

On 5/6/2021 at 11:12 AM, LordOpie said:

this. 100% on all.

it's none of our business, but i agree does show he has serious strength of conviction. 

also, Denver fans were freaking out about the rumor that Aaron flew into Centennial airport, about five minutes from the Broncos facility, but radio guys warned that he's probably here with his woman (girlfriend or wife?) who has family/friends in Boulder. 

You'll like this one Opie 

https://milehighsports.com/rodgers-to-the-the-broncos-where-there-is-smoke-there-is-fire/

E0lhopkWYAUsQec.jpeg

Edited by League_Champion
  • Like 1