darin3

Rodgers wants out of GB

Recommended Posts

Just now, purplemonster said:

Well that's the thing, it's not minor. I think with that extra receiver they may have made it to the Superbowl. Jordan love contributed exactly zippo and they were one play away. You can imagine the guys frustration

 

Yup, imagine if they traded up for Justin Jefferson. We'd be talking about something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mike C said:

 

Exactly why Rodgers shouldn't worry about it.  To him, Love should just be another dude sitting on the bench behind him.  I honestly don't think Love is really the big issue with Rodgers here though.  There needs to be more going on.

 

What's going on is that the team has done little to add players that will help them win now with Rodgers, instead drafting Love and other guys that aren't going to help. 

 

Do you think the GB front office is infallible? They should not be drafting BPA, they have needs and are not filling them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

What's going on is that the team has done little to add players that will help them win now with Rodgers, instead drafting Love and other guys that aren't going to help. 

 

Do you think the GB front office is infallible? They should not be drafting BPA, they have needs and are not filling them. 

 

The GB front office is far from infallible.  I blame them for a lot of my hair loss over the years.  Lol   I would have loved for them to draft a WR there last year.  They could also trade for one or sign one as a FA.  They've missed too many opportunities there for sure.  I do like to addition of Dillon in round 2 last year.  That was smart with both Jones and Williams pending FAs.  More than the WR though, I would think losing Linsley would be the move to really upset Rodgers.  I'm sure Rodgers has a lot to be upset about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not just that they traded up to get a project QB, it’s that it was possibly the best and deepest WR class ever and they didn’t draft one at all. Look at Tyler Johnson, he was a 5th rd pick and contributed to the Bucs last year even with the depth they have at WR. He may have very well been a starter as a rookie for Green Bay and he was a 5th rd pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big John said:

Good! Run him out of town! 

Denver world be thrilled to have him. How often does a team go from irrelevant to Superbowl discussion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

Good! Run him out of town! 

Denver world be thrilled to have him. How often does a team go from irrelevant to Superbowl discussion? 

 

After the Denver Broncos passed on Ohio State’s Justin Fields and Alabama’s Mac Jones in the 2021 NFL draft, Draft Wire’s Luke Easterling has them selecting a quarterback in his way-too-early 2022 NFL draft.

Draft Wire has the Broncos drafting Georgia quarterback JT Daniels in the first round, a sign that Easterling is not sold on Drew Lock.

Daniels (6-3, 210 pounds) is the fifth QB picked in Easterling’s mock, behind Sam Howell (No. 1), Spencer Rattler (No. 2), Kedon Slovis (No. 8) and Desmond Ridder (No. 14).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Good! Run him out of town! 

Denver world be thrilled to have him. How often does a team go from irrelevant to Superbowl discussion? 

This is exactly right. The fans turning on him either 1) makes things easier for team management or 2) is being driven by management to make them look better

 

I agree with Robert Mays - this is a great example of when a team could benefit from having an owner that could see the bigger picture and try not to piss off your multi-MVP QB who nearly single-handedly f-u'ed the Packers to the Super Bowl.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't seen a direct opinion from Rodgers on the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/05/report-aaron-rodgers-referred-to-g-m-brian-gutekunst-as-jerry-krause-in-texts-with-teammates/

 

Per this article Rodgers, in texts with teammates, referred to Gutekunst as Jerry Krause. :blink:

 

It's something Chicago sports fans can understand.

 

 

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Packers have begun exploring QBs they can add to their roster for OTAs and training camp, per sources. Jordan Love currently is the only other quarterback on the roster, but the team also faces uncertainty surrounding Aaron Rodgers. Packers’ QB search includes some veterans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, League_Champion said:
Packers have begun exploring QBs they can add to their roster for OTAs and training camp, per sources. Jordan Love currently is the only other quarterback on the roster, but the team also faces uncertainty surrounding Aaron Rodgers. Packers’ QB search includes some veterans.

Teams usually carry 3-4 QBs into OTAs and training camp so they can split reps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is alot of people pulling for Rodgers going to the Saints. I would be thrilled but we cant afford him. I doubt Payton would bite on getting him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone doesn't squash this soon it's over. If Aaron wants out he really should make it known publicly. That's the only way he can put real heat on the Packers to move him. If not he needs to come out and tell everyone it's all BS. The silence is deafening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chester said:

I still haven't seen a direct opinion from Rodgers on the situation.

 

I don't think it matters, many fans have made up their minds that he's a jerk for even considering leaving the Packers. Or all this drama around him, which is mostly being created by the medial with all their innuendo and rumors from various unnamed (but supposedly trustworthy) sources. Even the thing posted about booing him at a minor league baseball game is just a reporter saying they heard booing, not actual video of this happening. 

 

If I were him I'd tell everybody to (the really bad word) off and just retire. He's been paid nearly a quarter billion dollars in his career already (just NFL salary) so I doubt he really needs the money. Maybe he loves the attention though. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe he loves the attention though. 

 

I think that's exactly what it is. Either way he could end all of this nonesense right now. He's either not man enough to do so or he loves it. 

 

 

Edited by League_Champion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrazyCajun said:

There is alot of people pulling for Rodgers going to the Saints. I would be thrilled but we cant afford him. I doubt Payton would bite on getting him. 

i keep hearing that there's no way they trade him to an NFC team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

If someone doesn't squash this soon it's over. If Aaron wants out he really should make it known publicly. That's the only way he can put real heat on the Packers to move him. If not he needs to come out and tell everyone it's all BS. The silence is deafening. 

yup

also, i keep hearing about how when Aaron is burned, that's it. He cut off his family and doesn't speak to them. No judgement from me as I have no info, just saying pointing out that Aaron has the ability to walk away 100% and no look back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I don't think it matters, many fans have made up their minds that he's a jerk for even considering leaving the Packers

not Broncos fans!

Aaron, we'll show you the respect you deserve! Get 'er done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

i keep hearing that there's no way they trade him to an NFC team

 

I think they'll trade him to wherever they get the best package. What's the difference, they'll be starting over anyway if he's gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

I think they'll trade him to wherever they get the best package. What's the difference, they'll be starting over anyway if he's gone. 

You're not feeling the Love?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, irish said:

You're not feeling the Love?  

 

Haha, nope. I don't think they are either. They thought so much of him that they didn't dress him last season. That's all you need to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

yup

also, i keep hearing about how when Aaron is burned, that's it. He cut off his family and doesn't speak to them. No judgement from me as I have no info, just saying pointing out that Aaron has the ability to walk away 100% and no look back.

People's personal lives are none of our business, but I think you're on point here. If the dude can cut off his whole family and still be successful, I don't think he has any problem walking away from an organization. He clearly has conviction when he feels something. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, irish said:

You're not feeling the Love?  

I can't help but think... if there's a deal between GB and DEN that GB will not want Teddy in return, eventho it's a good idea to have a veteran to help Love develop because I bet they'd be afraid that Teddy beats out Love for the starting job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.