darin3

Rodgers wants out of GB

Just now, Shaft said:

People's personal lives are none of our business, but I think you're on point here. If the dude can cut off his whole family and still be successful, I don't think he has any problem walking away from an organization. He clearly has conviction when he feels something. 

this. 100% on all.

it's none of our business, but i agree does show he has serious strength of conviction. 

also, Denver fans were freaking out about the rumor that Aaron flew into Centennial airport, about five minutes from the Broncos facility, but radio guys warned that he's probably here with his woman (girlfriend or wife?) who has family/friends in Boulder. 

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Haha, nope. I don't think they are either. They thought so much of him that they didn't dress him last season. That's all you need to know. 

Good golly, man.... you are reading WAY too much into that.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I can't help but think... if there's a deal between GB and DEN that GB will not want Teddy in return, eventho it's a good idea to have a veteran to help Love develop because I bet they'd be afraid that Teddy beats out Love for the starting job.

I just don't think Denver has the assets to make that deal. Look at teams like Miami, Philly, NY and others who have been stockpiling picks. I strongly doubt it would happen but Philly could offer 3 number one picks for next year and additional picks on the backside. That's insane 

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

this. 100% on all.

it's none of our business, but i agree does show he has serious strength of conviction. 

also, Denver fans were freaking out about the rumor that Aaron flew into Centennial airport, about five minutes from the Broncos facility, but radio guys warned that he's probably here with his woman (girlfriend or wife?) who has family/friends in Boulder. 

It's funny because I didn't know about the riff until my wife was watching the Bachelor. I overheard something in the background about the Rodgers family, so I started paying attention,  and they aired so much dirty laundry on national TV. Aaron didn't say a thing and just carried on about his business. We don't know what's going to happen, but it shouldn't surprise anyone if he's gone with no parting words.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I think that's exactly what it is. Either way he could end all of this nonesense right now. He's either not man enough to do so or he loves it. 

Or there could be a lot of other reasons he isn't addressing it, like he wants to keep playing and winning another title and speaking about it can harm those chances.

We don't know, but most have made their judgements and either hate or love Rodgers and won't care what the real story is. 

Believe it or not, I had not heard about this whole thing with him cutting of his family, so I read up a bit on that. And it is full of mostly innuendo and media takes based on tidbits of info from various family members. (Yes his father confirmed at one time it had been years since he talked to Aaron.) 

The Packers could have prevented a lot of this nonsense by trying to build a team that could win it all while they have a HOF QB. But they figured a backup and project starting QB was a better plan. 

Some dufus who works for the local paper covered a total non-story as some other idiots at ESPN speculated on teams that should try to trade for Rodgers, with a Browns trade sending 2022 & 23 first round picks, plus Mayfield and Njoku to GB for Rodgers :rolleyes:   At least it was filed under the entertainment section, since that is this guys specialty, another being telling us what Stephen A. Smith thinks about CLE sports teams/players.

I'm just tired of the silly drama, most of it manufactured (or greatly amplified) by media and fans. (Yes I know I've probably said that a million times, should tell you how tired I really am.) 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Good golly, man.... you are reading WAY too much into that.

LC  is like a tabloid journalist.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mike C said:

Sure because the guy who's earned about 1/4 billion dollars from his NFL job needs free food at some local brewhouse to keep him in GB 

But hey its nice free publicity and may even get some Packer fans to support his business. 

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Sounds like the media making stuff up again?

No way that never happens, certainly not with the attention seeking Schefter. 

31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

No way that never happens, certainly not with the attention seeking Schefter. 

He's been throwing a lot of crap out there lately. He used to be pretty good but you're right, it seems like he's looking for a pop. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2021 at 11:12 AM, LordOpie said:

this. 100% on all.

You'll like this one Opie 

https://milehighsports.com/rodgers-to-the-the-broncos-where-there-is-smoke-there-is-fire/

E0lhopkWYAUsQec.jpeg

Edited by League_Champion
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Curious when exactly is this nearly done deal going to happen? All these informed sources telling us how its a near certainty, and then repeating that claim after it should have happened (during the draft, in the days after the draft, etc.)

Amazing that tweets like this one https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1391815799560491014  don't get the promotion that all the "Rodgers is leaving the Packers" ones do. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah but that doesn't make for good discussion.

No doubt, just look at the Huddle News reporting that he's in talks with the Packers on a long term contract, but the Huddle take (Huddle Up) reads "Not much to see here. Rodgers is about the No.3 to No. 5 QB to target in fantasy."  I guess "not much to see" boils down to "Rodgers fantasy value as a top QB is not impacted by being traded". But posts about him being a good fit in Denver didn't say "not much to see". ;)  

Another one of the million stories of "could Rodgers land here" that explains it is very unlikely, but won't outright say it isn't happening, have to leave that bit of intrigue open. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/las-vegas-raiders/post/_/id/25636/are-the-las-vegas-raiders-players-for-aaron-rodgers-should-they-be

Edited by stevegrab

Just to throw more gas on the fire, Davante Adams is in the final year of his contract. He was on NFL Now and just said he'd have to think about re-signing in GB if no Aaron Rodgers. He'll be 29 and has one more big contract left to sign in his career. Imagine GB with no Rodgers or Adams next year.

5 minutes ago, DMD said:

Just to throw more gas on the fire, Davante Adams is in the final year of his contract. He was on NFL Now and just said he'd have to think about re-signing in GB if no Aaron Rodgers. He'll be 29 and has one more big contract left to sign in his career. Imagine GB with no Rodgers or Adams next year.

did they ask what he'd do if they tagged him?

2 hours ago, DMD said:

Another report that really means nothing and which the media is blowing up like he will certainly leave and its about loyalty to Rodgers.. Its about playing with a HOF QB, he knows that helps his career, so if that QB is gone he will have do some "extra thinking" (his actual words).  What was he supposed to say "If they get rid of Rodgers it won't change my plans"?  That would be complete BS and we all know it. 

The most relevant point is that he's a free agent next year. So, this all better be resolved because I'd think GB would want to extend him and not let him test free agency.

30 minutes ago, DMD said:

The most relevant point is that he's a free agent next year. So, this all better be resolved because I'd think GB would want to extend him and not let him test free agency.

Adams?  They would just franchise him.

• Like 1