[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers wants out of GB

darin3

30 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Unlike some of the hot takes presented, this guy gets it, it isn't over, far from it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/08/aaron-rodgers-not-at-packers-mandatory-minicamp/

So why isn't Rodgers issuing a statement on his departure from camp? He could stop all this nonesense with just one press release. 

I have no skin in this fight, just to start with that. Here are my thoughts:

1. The Packers GM does not seem like the sharpest tool in the shed - mismanaging draft capital and their SB window

2. ARod is likely a primadonna

3. There is no owner in Green Bay to be the adult and focus first and foremost on team priorities.

So, what we're gonna get here is a good old fashioned dick swinging contest where everyone postures and thumps their chest and (the really bad word) all actually happens. Either someone tucks it and they make progress, some team offers an INSANE amount for ARod and Gutekunst has to take it, or ARod sits out and Gutekunst gets roasted as the Packers genuinely suck worse than the Lions.

Edited by stethant

2 hours ago, stethant said:

1. The Packers GM does not seem like the sharpest tool in the shed - mismanaging draft capital and their SB window

3. There is no owner in Green Bay to be the adult and focus first and foremost on team priorities.

So, what we're gonna get here is a good old fashioned dick swinging contest

You nailed it. Mic drop! 

15 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I think if you're a future first round hall of fame player at one of the most important positions in all of sports, well, maybe the team should treat him like a prima Donna and with great respect and deference.

And I agree with all this as well. Knowing that Rodgers is a sensitive primadonna they should of at least told him that they were thinking about drafting a QB when they picked Love. It's all a mess, I'm not sure how you fix it at this point. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

I knew and think you have the same opinion with Russell Wilson

I think at times they need to massage superstar egos, just as you would your top salesman or top earner in any business. Everyone cuts their own deal, that's just how it goes. Russel Wilsons don't grow on trees either. 

18 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Does Rodgers usually do minicamp?

Edit: I thought this was a voluntary minicamp. It's a mandatory one.

I believe he usually did the voluntary practices as well.

18 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Does Rodgers usually do minicamp?

Edit: I thought this was a voluntary minicamp. It's a mandatory one.

I believe he usually did the voluntary practices as well.

16 hours ago, stethant said:

I have no skin in this fight, just to start with that. Here are my thoughts:

So, what we're gonna get here is a good old fashioned dick swinging contest where everyone postures and thumps their chest and (the really bad word) all actually happens. Either someone tucks it and they make progress, some team offers an INSANE amount for ARod and Gutekunst has to take it, or ARod sits out and Gutekunst gets roasted as the Packers genuinely suck worse than the Lions.

Generally I agree with this too. I think it's hard to get Rodgers back into the fold after you basically said that you were guessing he was going to fail, and were planning on replacing him. And his success last year may have reinforced just how pissed he should be. As a GM you should know that you should give your quarterback a bit more of a heads up especially when he's crucial to your success and already has a big ego

Edited by purplemonster

• 3 weeks later...

Per pft, Rodgers can opt out of the 2021 season and keep $18.3 million in salary.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/25/aaron-rodgers-does-indeed-have-an-opt-out-silver-bullet-for-2021/

Edited by Wolverines Fan

1 hour ago, chester said:

Can I opt out of my job for a year with minor repercussions and come back next year with no reasons? 

Incredible, right!

When Peyton Manning had Jeff Saturday he had an extra second and a half in the pocket. When Saturday wasn’t playing Peytons stats would fall dramatically. If Aaron Rodgers goes to the Broncos he will be leaving the number one offensive line (according to the Huddles lates O-Line article) for the 25th offensive line. As much as I love Aaron Rodgers, I believe he would be a bust. His best option is to stay with the Pack or if his heart’s not in it (ala Andrew Luck) then GTFO.

Edited by Rekroot

On 6/25/2021 at 10:58 PM, chester said:

Can I opt out of my job for a year with minor repercussions and come back next year with no reasons? 

Do you have Rodgers skills and play in the NFL?  If so yes, if not try to negotiate better terms with your employer. 

On 6/26/2021 at 7:56 AM, League_Champion said:

Would you expect anything less from the NFL? They won't be happy till they snowflake themselves right down to zero. 

WTF are you babbling about now?  Go follow cricket if the NFL isn't your cup of tea. 

Oh and let me know when the NFL approaches anything close to zero, they're still the most popular thing out there despite snowflakes like you threatening to stop watching because they've been offended by something the league is doing. 

15 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Of course he doesn't. Father time is just around the corner, he needs to play now. 

11 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Do you have Rodgers skills and play in the NFL?  If so yes, if not try to negotiate better terms with your employer. 

Steve, obviously he is in a better position than I am, but any player in the NFL can do this. He didn't negotiate anything.

It would be like my employer saying to me, you can take a year off, no questions asked, but we'll only pay you minimum wage. See you next year! No hard feelings. We might not run as good a business without you but that's ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chester said:

Steve, obviously he is in a better position than I am, but any player in the NFL can do this. He didn't negotiate anything.

It would be like my employer saying to me, you can take a year off, no questions asked, but we'll only pay you minimum wage. See you next year! No hard feelings. We might not run as good a business without you but that's ok.

Never really looking to defend Steve, as the bickering between him and LC is just sad and very high school-ish, but I've been there before.  However, I think he's just basically saying that the skill level, talent and job that Rodgers and all NFL players perform is way more unique and desired than the lame jobs most "normal" people have. Therefore, the perks they have (like just walking away for a year while still receiving some pay because of Covid concerns) are more grand as well. 

On 6/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, irish said:

Never really looking to defend Steve, as the bickering between him and LC is just sad and very high school-ish, but I've been there before.  However, I think he's just basically saying that the skill level, talent and job that Rodgers and all NFL players perform is way more unique and desired than the lame jobs most "normal" people have. Therefore, the perks they have (like just walking away for a year while still receiving some pay because of Covid concerns) are more grand as well. 

Exactly. Not sure why people make posts like Chester did originally, are we supposed to feel bad for them because they are not as privileged as an NFL player? I could understand somebody who doesn't follow sports making that kind of comment, in their "I hate sports and they're dumb" kind of views, but this is presumably a GB Packers fan, and somebody who follows the NFL, and they're upset at the privilege enjoyed by the athletes.