[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers wants out of GB

darin3

On 7/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, stevegrab said:

Exactly. Not sure why people make posts like Chester did originally, are we supposed to feel bad for them because they are not as privileged as an NFL player? I could understand somebody who doesn't follow sports making that kind of comment, in their "I hate sports and they're dumb" kind of views, but this is presumably a GB Packers fan, and somebody who follows the NFL, and they're upset at the privilege enjoyed by the athletes. 

:unsure:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From The Huddle news 

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers wants to be traded or have years taken off of his contract that includes three seasons at $33.5 million per year, according to an NFC personnel executive. 'He wants to get some sort of deal done,' an NFC personnel executive said. 'But, he wants years off his deal, so he can pull a Tom Brady and be the next guy to try to go elsewhere to win a championship.'

Curious what incentive would the Packers have to do this?  He has 3 years left on the current deal, and if he plays for GB in 2021 that leaves just 2 years. And he'd want years (more than 1) removed, so like redo the current contract to expire 2 years earlier?   Is that something that happens (or is even allowed) in the NFL?  Packers get one more year of Rodgers and nothing else in return? And he just becomes a free agent 2 years early?  I guess if he doesn't get this he could hold out or retire. 

What a mess

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

From The Huddle news 

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers wants to be traded or have years taken off of his contract that includes three seasons at $33.5 million per year, according 

Curious what incentive would the Packers have to do this?  

What a mess

End of the drama.   He is poisoned fruit at this point.   How well do you think that locker room is going when your leader publicly wants out, and now your wr1 has broken off extension talks. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

And he deserves it. 

It's going to be an interesting week for sure. Rodgers and Watson. One will report avoiding being fined. The other may report, hold out or retire. My video take on Rodgers below.

I think a retirement in 2021 and a return in 2022 would be very interesting. Not to Green Bay Packer fans but outside of that incredible drama.

https://youtu.be/bP-LRAdvank

4 hours ago, osubuckeyeman36 said:

It's going to be an interesting week for sure. Rodgers and Watson. One will report avoiding being fined. The other may report, hold out or retire. My video take on Rodgers below.

I think a retirement in 2021 and a return in 2022 would be very interesting. Not to Green Bay Packer fans but outside of that incredible drama.

https://youtu.be/bP-LRAdvank

Stop posting your YouTube drivel.  Don't care how "small time" you claim to be; it's just bad form.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Speculation out that Rodgers will be back with the Pack.  Ho-hum, onward we move...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Your link is no good, should be 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-intends-to-play-for-packers-after-months-of-trade-speculation-likely-to-report-to-training-camp/

What was the point? Ask the media who were spinning stories about it for months, based on rumor, speculation and innuendo. And the fans who ate it up and turned on every word uttered by (or about) Rodgers.