darin3

Rodgers wants out of GB

Well Rodgers didn't show up for the opening of voluntary workouts so that must mean he is certain to leave the Packers, or so several reports are implying.

Also the Air Force QB worked out with them a week ago, not sure how that didn't go reported earlier and be like a can of gasoline on the Rodgers is leaving GB fire. (See the date on the tweet in the story Big John linked)

Rodgers gave up a half million dollar workout bonus by not showing up.

2 minutes ago, Big John said:

Rodgers gave up a half million dollar workout bonus by not showing up.

When you make millions per year (and $240 million in NFL pay alone over the last 16 years) you can afford to do that. 

25 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Omg. Was John sarcastic??!

We need to pin that post!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Lol

Pure utter b.s. Click bait. Sites like that should be embarrassed

:clap:   

CBS Sports published the story, and Flipboard is just one of the millions of news aggregator sites. But what kind of goober thinks that running video game simulations is some useful predictor of actual results?  Even eggheads who love stats and video games know they bear little relationship to reality, and the millions of un expected things that teams deal with during a season. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Big John said:

That tells me not to pick Davante in the first round and maybe not until the later 2nd.  He sounds like he wants out and he's over it, and I have trouble seeing how the front office could change enough he'd want to stay and put his body on the line for it. I mean this guy cut his family off, when he feels burned he definitely remembers it. 

Edited by purplemonster

"Protest" about Rodgers?

Green Bay Packers WRs Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Allen Lazard, Devin Funchess and Equanimeous St. Brown were absent from organized team activities, along with QB Aaron Rodgers Tuesday, May 25. No reason was disclosed. Sophomore QB Jordan Love was left to run drills with a makeshift receiving group, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN

29 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

"Protest" about Rodgers?

Green Bay Packers WRs Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Allen Lazard, Devin Funchess and Equanimeous St. Brown were absent from organized team activities, along with QB Aaron Rodgers Tuesday, May 25. No reason was disclosed. Sophomore QB Jordan Love was left to run drills with a makeshift receiving group, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN

This may be the first mutiny in the history of Wisconsin.  If this is the start of the Jordan Love era, then it's not starting out well.

1 hour ago, DMD said:

This may be the first mutiny in the history of Wisconsin.  If this is the start of the Jordan Love era, then it's not starting out well.

Looks like gm is trying to play hardball...

"Athletic's Matt Schneidman reports Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst "will not" trade Aaron Rodgers this summer."

... Drive up the price or he's serious?

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Drive up the price or he's serious?

It depends how bad he's willing to suck while they rebuild. It won't be pretty. 

As both a Love owner and Bears fan, I want him out. Go away.

I find it hard to believe that he will ever think they will do enough or surround him with enough. The dude has had very good skill players around him and a very good OL. I wouldn't trade him. It's not his team to run.

1 hour ago, fredrickk655 said:

Hello, Denver would choose GB, agree ..

Hello -  I like turtles. 

• Haha 1

I wonder if Julio to gb makes everyone happy?

20 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I wonder if Julio to gb makes everyone happy?

The Packers don't have enough cap space to obtain Julio.

6 minutes ago, Big John said:

The Packers don't have enough cap space to obtain Julio.

they need to get creative 

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

they need to get creative 

Rodgers refused the Packers attempt to restructure his contract where they could have freed significant cap room.

2 minutes ago, Big John said:

Rodgers refused the Packers attempt to restructure his contract where they could have freed significant cap room.

While he might be coy, whom they pursue might make a difference in his negotiations 

Posted (edited)

Does Rodgers usually do minicamp?

Edit: I thought this was a voluntary minicamp. It's a mandatory one.

Edited by Wolverines Fan