[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2021 Draft Primer/Chat and Devy Tracker

Tford

AFL-Devy draft is scheduled to kick off May 3. I'm assuming that everyone know how to use MFL to draft; please PM/email me if you don't.

Quick refresher on the rules surrounding devys:

3.3.2 - Devy Squad
Each franchise will also be allocated a College Developmental Squad (Devy), containing up to 3 college players 5 college players of which one must be a defensive player (DL/LB/DB). A player's eligibility as a defensive player will default to his position listed on espn.com. Should a team carry 3 or less college players, the requirement of needing a defensive player does not apply. [Apr 2021 Rule change for 2022 offseason implementation] Players can be from any college team and have completed one year of college football (this eliminates the "gray area" surrounding early enrollees). Once selected by way of the Rookie/Devy Draft, these players can remain on each owners' team until they are drafted by an NFL team, at which time the owner must either sign the player to their active roster or place them on DTS. Each off-season, a combined Rookie/Devy" draft will occur. If an owner selects a devy player, they must cut one of their current devy players unless their prior devy(s) have been previously moved to their active roster or DTS. Devy players may be traded for other AFL-Devy assets (NFL players on active or DTS, future draft pick(s), and/or AFL-Devy Bucks.

Owners are only able to add devy players during the devy/rookie draft. As the league develops, we may entertain adding/dropping devy players. 

Note:  MFL adds rookies to its player database in the off-season.  DO NOT add rookies-to-be even though they are part of the MFL database.  They are considered devys until they are drafted.  Then they are draftable (and then addable after rookie/devy draft).

To be clear, in this offseason, teams are only allowed 3 devys. The increase to 5 devys will apply to 2022 and beyond only.

How to select a Devy:

- When it's your turn to draft in MFL, select any of the custom players in MFL named "Devy, College XX" where XX is a number from 1 to 36. The position doesn't matter, I can edit that later.

- In the notes portion of the MFL draft screen, enter in the player's name, position and school. Remember that true freshman cannot be selected, only players who have played a year of college football can be chosen. Also doublecheck the draft list and forum to make sure that you are not selecting a player that has already been taken.

- Reply to the devys selected thread in the forum with your player, their position and school to confirm.

Devys on rosters:

Huntington Beach:

Bijan Robinson, RB Texas

David Bell, WR Purdue

Tank Bigsby, RB Auburn

Fireflies:

Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE Oregon

Malik Willis, QB Liberty

Michael Mayer, TE Notre Dame

Footlongs:

Breece Hall RB Iowa State (2020 selection)

Zamir White RB Georgia (2020 selection)

Garrett Wilson, WR OSU

4 Star:

Chris Olave, WR OSU

Treylon Burks, WR Arkansas

Kyren Williams, RB Notre Dame

Maryland:

Master Teague RB Ohio State (2020 selection)

Isaiah Spiller RB Texas A&M

Jahon Dotson, WR PSU

Dragline:

George Pickens WR Georgia (2020 selection)

Arik Gilbert, TE LSU

Zach Evans, RB TCU

Beirut:

Desmond Ridder, QB Cincinnati

JT Daniels, QB Georgia

Jayden Daniels, QB ASU

Saskatchewan:

Sam Howell, QB UNC

Jalen Wydermyer, TE TA&M

Kyle Hamilton, S Notre Dame

River City:

Justyn Ross WR Clemson (2020 selection)

D.J. Ulagalelei, QB Clemson

Pennsylvania:

John Metchie III, WR Alabama

Christian Harris, LB Alabama

Kevin Harris, RB South Carolina

Giant Sack Pack:

Max Borghi RB Washington State (2020 selection)

Spencer Rattler, QB ZeroU 

Kayshon Boutte, WR LSU

Columbus:

John Emery RB LSU (2020 selection)

Eric Gray, RB Oklahoma

Julian Fleming, WR OSU

Edited by darin3

1 minute ago, flemingd said:

Doubled the action before noon!

All things considered, I didn't even realize we were starting yesterday.  Too many leagues, and most of which have drafts starting NEXT Monday.  I think we may look at changing our start day to the 2nd Monday after the NFL draft, too.  Starting the Monday after draft weekend doesn't really give us much time to research, make deals, etc.

I think things will start to pick up... and if they don't I will be bugging folks.  B)

2 minutes ago, Pope Flick said:

I hurt myself laughing over your trade offer fleming, and had to sleep it off. My bad.

Honestly it was a rough night's sleep since I thought for sure you'd be taking our stud Longhorn RB.  I will have to wait a couple years but dude is a STUDDDD....

10 minutes ago, darin3 said:

All things considered, I didn't even realize we were starting yesterday.  Too many leagues, and most of which have drafts starting NEXT Monday.  I think we may look at changing our start day to the 2nd Monday after the NFL draft, too.  Starting the Monday after draft weekend doesn't really give us much time to research, make deals, etc.

I think things will start to pick up... and if they don't I will be bugging folks.  B)

It's no biggie.  We're not in a hurry, we're just going to hibernate until August when it's done, was just commenting.  I'd rather start early and not pressure owners, let them take their time and get it right.  If we take a couple weeks to do it that's just more fun we get to make of bad trade offers since that looks like it's a thing now.

No snark, I'm way more obvious than that when I get bitter.  It's factually a very boring draft right now.  Devy drafts are even worse with so much of the current crop talent already on rosters.

13 minutes ago, flemingd said:

No snark, I'm way more obvious than that when I get bitter.  It's factually a very boring draft right now.  Devy drafts are even worse with so much of the current crop talent already on rosters.

I try and look at it the opposite.  Sure, in all our other drafts the first round (and even the 2nd this year) will be chock full of talent.  But this league is obviously way different and we are reaching far earlier.  It makes it interesting in a way.  

That being said, if you are not into your rookie picks this year, I will gladly take them off your hands for some vets who I've highlighted in my Fire Sale post.  :)  

6 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I try and look at it the opposite.  Sure, in all our other drafts the first round (and even the 2nd this year) will be chock full of talent.  But this league is obviously way different and we are reaching far earlier.  It makes it interesting in a way.  

That being said, if you are not into your rookie picks this year, I will gladly take them off your hands for some vets who I've highlighted in my Fire Sale post.  :)  

Nah I like the drafts, they just aren't as fast paced and exciting as traditional leagues because of the difference in talent pools - I think it's a fun to have a change up.  Just the drafts are much slower simply because there's so much less groupthink where you can pull up 5 mocks and see who you "should" take so people end up doing more research or making more trade offers.

• Like 1

• darin3 changed the title to 2021 Draft Primer/Chat and Devy Tracker
  • 3 months later...
  • Tford unpinned this topic