Sorry,  yes, Dingman. 

Round 1: No. 28, DE Payton Turner
Round 2: No. 60, LB Pete Werner
Round 3: No. 76, CB Paulson Adebo
Round 4: No. 133, QB Ian Book
Round 6: No. 206, OT Landon Young
Round 7: No. 255, WR Kawaan Baker

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Understood, but Turner was not a projected first rounder. Why not trade out a few spots, get some picks and draft him then? He wasn't going anywhere. And even if he did there would be comparable talent well into the second round. 

I believe they tried and couldn't find any takers. Word was they tried multiple trades and no one was biting. On Turner,  I think it depends on who you ask. There were some that had him as a late riser. Honestly,  I didn't know anything about him,  but after reading some of the stuff that was posted on the Saints board I was more comfortable with the pick. As I said,  the Aints have had a pretty good track record there and they've done a good job coaching these guys into starters and role players. From what I've read,  Turner was miscast as a DT initially,  which is why his production is let than your expect. But his measurables tick all the right boxes as a DE.

20 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Who was better value? A lot of Saints fans were upset because they didn't take JOK, but now it comes out that he has a heart condition. In fact JOK nearly made it to their next pick.

I like the pick because he's not expected to start right away and given the Saints track record on selecting and developing OLinemen I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think that within the years, that better value will hand played out and Turner will be considered a good selection there. 

Regarding JOK, his heart condition is a non factor from what I've read. NFL teams were aware of that already, it may have just come to light for the fans, but it was not a surprise to the teams that were considering drafting him. 

A big reason JOK slid is he doesn't fit what NFL defenses want to do. He is a LB but sized more like a safety. The Browns have a defense they feel that he can be used in, he'll play a lot of coverage LB.

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

A big reason JOK slid is he doesn't fit what NFL defenses want to do. He is a LB but sized more like a safety. The Browns have a defense they feel that he can be used in, he'll play a lot of coverage LB.

He's going to be a stud in that system.