League_Champion

Rank Your Teams Draft

Recommended Posts

Eagles

 

I give the Eagles a D+. Devonta Smith was a no brainer and cost them virtually nothing to move up for. Their second round pick Landon Dickerson is a head scratcher. They had to come out of the early rounds with a stud CB and didn't. They really didn't fill areas of need. Overall it was pretty disappointing. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hard to say but it looks pretty good.  As with all drafts you won't know for a while but if our OL guys (1st, 3rd) pan out that would help a lot. The Vikings were getting a lot of interior pressure and sacks with a small OL and Cousins is a statue. I don't know much about this quarterback Kellen Mond from A&M but if he pans out it could be a good draft.  These other guys, a project LB (converted from QB two years ago) and a DE from Pittsburgh are iffy, but the Vikings have holes everywhere so they might be starting on day 1. 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm very happy.

I think our first for picks could all start week one.

I love our new OG/OC. Kid is going to be fun to watch. 

Word is the Denver jumped ahead of Miami because we wanted the RB, but Miami wanted him so badly that he was the only RB that Miami wanted. 

In later rounds, we could have three special teams starters week one

Edited by LordOpie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All things told, Ryan Pace has done OK over the past few years in the 2nd round and on in their drafts.  It was just the Trubisky blunder that everyone (myself included) blasts him for.

 

If Fields pans out, the Bears had a nice draft.  For now I'll say it's a solid B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darin3 said:

All things told, Ryan Pace has done OK over the past few years in the 2nd round and on in their drafts.  It was just the Trubisky blunder that everyone (myself included) blasts him for.

 

If Fields pans out, the Bears had a nice draft.  For now I'll say it's a solid B.

 

Agree, credit where credit is due. He landed who most people feel is the #2 QB and gave up little to do so. He then beefed up the O-Line to protect his new investment. It certainly doesn't erase all of his other mistakes but it's a nice start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

Agree, credit where credit is due. He landed who most people feel is the #2 QB and gave up little to do so. He then beefed up the O-Line to protect his new investment. It certainly doesn't erase all of his other mistakes but it's a nice start. 

I think HE's #2, but i don't think he would've done well in Denver because our coaches suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I think HE's #2, but i don't think he would've done well in Denver because our coaches suck

 

The Broncos had a great draft. It would of been better if they drafted Fields. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think Saints had a better draft then last year. After looking at each player we drafted I would give them B+. A lot of potential there if these guy put in the work. Turner (1st) could be a a great replacement for Trey since he left and also Davenport is always hurt. He needs to learn as much as he can from Cam. Werner (2nd) didn't do to much looking at him but looks like he can start right away along side Davis. He can also benefit a lot from learning from Davis. Paulson (3rd) was a good value pick where we got him. He can probably start day one when we will need him to if the Lattimore situation goes south. With a little work he can be on the Lattimore level. Book (4th) I think this guy has a lot of potential. I watch a couple highlight reels of him and I can see some Russell Wilson type plays with him. He can throw pretty accurate and can move to create more time for the receivers. With a little Payton magic he can be our next starter. But, they need to invest time into him. I wish we could of drafted him last year and let him learn from Brees. Young (6th) didn't look at him to much either but looks like he can be a solid tackle. Payton will need to have him learn more of the right side so he can be more versatile. He will benefit a lot from learning from the veterans. Baker (7th) He looks like he can be a big threat after the catch for us. I would say a poor mans Kamara if he was a WR. With some work he can be a good WR along side Thomas. I can see him shining with Winston or Book at QB but not Taysom. All this is just some initial thoughts about these guys. I still don't know a ton about them, This is just from videos I seen of them and hearing discussions about them. I am no expert. 

 

@rajncajn What you think?

Edited by CrazyCajun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrazyCajun said:

I think Saints had a better draft then last year. After looking at each player we drafted I would give them B+. A lot of potential there if these guy put in the work. Turner (1st) could be a a great replacement for Trey since he left and also Davenport is always hurt. He needs to learn as much as he can from Cam. Werner (2nd) didn't do to much looking at him but looks like he can start right away along side Davis. He can also benefit a lot from learning from Davis. Paulson (3rd) was a good value pick where we got him. He can probably start day one when we will need him to if the Lattimore situation goes south. With a little work he can be on the Lattimore level. Book (4th) I think this guy has a lot of potential. I watch a couple highlight reels of him and I can see some Russell Wilson type plays with him. He can throw pretty accurate and can move to create more time for the receivers. With a little Payton magic he can be our next starter. But, they need to invest time into him. I wish we could of drafted him last year and let him learn from Brees. Young (6th) didn't look at him to much either but looks like he can be a solid tackle. Payton will need to have him learn more of the right side so he can be more versatile. He will benefit a lot from learning from the veterans. Baker (7th) He looks like he can be a big threat after the catch for us. I would say a poor mans Kamara if he was a WR. With some work he can be a good WR along side Thomas. I can see him shining with Winston or Book at QB but not Taysom. All this is just some initial thoughts about these guys. I still don't know a ton about them, This is just from videos I seen of them and hearing discussions about them. I am no expert. 

 

@rajncajn What you think?

I would agree with that grade. The Saints are in a good position where they didn't lose a whole lot in the off-season and can afford to bring most of these guys along slowly. This is again one of those drafts that don't appear to have much pop on the surface, but really can't be judged until a few years down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

speaking of the Saints... I'm making my call now...

James Winston will be a top 10 QB this year and going forward. NOS should sign him to an extension before this because he'll then require a large contract.

Consider 2019 and what 2020 would've been for him if he threw 10 INTs instead of 30. I think he can repeat 2019 with much less turnovers. And he's 27yo. I wanted Denver to get him.

Why do I think less turn overs? LASIK and better coaching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

speaking of the Saints... I'm making my call now...

James Winston will be a top 10 QB this year and going forward. NOS should sign him to an extension before this because he'll then require a large contract.

Consider 2019 and what 2020 would've been for him if he threw 10 INTs instead of 30. I think he can repeat 2019 with much less turnovers. And he's 27yo. I wanted Denver to get him.

Why do I think less turn overs? LASIK and better coaching. 

I agree that he'll continue to be a great fantasy QB, but I seriously question where he will get them past the playoff hump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I agree that he'll continue to be a great fantasy QB, but I seriously question where he will get them past the playoff hump. 

if he has a 2019 with 10 INTs, I think playoffs are guaranteed. If he can maintain that type of production and protection, then they should do well in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

if he has a 2019 with 10 INTs, I think playoffs are guaranteed. If he can maintain that type of production and protection, then they should do well in the playoffs.

If he starts to destroy teams I can see the Saints signing him to a longer contract. But if he struggles I can see Ian Book to take over depending on his progress this season. He has a high ceiling in my opinion. He gives me Wilson vibes a little bit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrazyCajun said:

If he starts to destroy teams I can see the Saints signing him to a longer contract. But if he struggles I can see Ian Book to take over depending on his progress this season. He has a high ceiling in my opinion. He gives me Wilson vibes a little bit. 

I don't see Book setting the field this year barring injury. If Winston falters, Taysom will be the guy to step in and Payton will give them both a long leash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I don't see Book setting the field this year barring injury. If Winston falters, Taysom will be the guy to step in and Payton will give them both a long leash.

Yeah I dont see him starting this year either depending injury. Im talking next year he has a good chance to start if he develops well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sold on Book.  He played behind an absolutely studly OL at Notre Dame.  If he gets protection, he's adequate.  But he's no Brees.  I think Book will be a career backup at best.

 

That said, Payton has been a QB whisperer and gets a lot out of average talents.  In that offense, Book could be a sleeper if Winston is not signed long term.  I don't think Taysom Hill is a viable, every-week starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I would agree with that grade. The Saints are in a good position where they didn't lose a whole lot in the off-season and can afford to bring most of these guys along slowly. This is again one of those drafts that don't appear to have much pop on the surface, but really can't be judged until a few years down the road.

 

I don't love the Saints draft. I think they reached on Turner in the 1st. There was much better value there. If that's who they wanted they could of traded down to get more picks and still got him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

I don't love the Saints draft. I think they reached on Turner in the 1st. There was much better value there. If that's who they wanted they could of traded down to get more picks and still got him. 

Who was better value? A lot of Saints fans were upset because they didn't take JOK, but now it comes out that he has a heart condition. In fact JOK nearly made it to their next pick.

 

I like the pick because he's not expected to start right away and given the Saints track record on selecting and developing OLinemen I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think that within the years, that better value will hand played out and Turner will be considered a good selection there. 

Edited by rajncajn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

 

I like the pick because he's not expected to start right away and given the Saints track record on selecting and developing OLinemen I have to give them the benefit of the doubt

 

Turner is a DE. Why would you draft someone in the first round and NOT expect them to start? If you want a project, trade out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

Turner is a DE. Why would you draft someone in the first round and NOT expect them to start? If you want a project, trade out. 

I think a lot of coaches and GMs just don't trust rookies or expect much from them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LordOpie said:

I think a lot of coaches and GMs just don't trust rookies or expect much from them

 

Understood, but Turner was not a projected first rounder. Why not trade out a few spots, get some picks and draft him then? He wasn't going anywhere. And even if he did there would be comparable talent well into the second round. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

Turner is a DE. Why would you draft someone in the first round and NOT expect them to start? If you want a project, trade out. 

Sorry,  yes, Dlineman. 

Edited by rajncajn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.