LordOpie

NOS receivers?

1 minute ago, darin3 said:

I really like Adam Trautman, especially if Winston is named the starter.  

Yup, and Winston should be the starter. He'll get players involved 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:08 PM, rajncajn said:

I think Callaway will take a big leap and Trautman will have an impact as well. I'm still not high on TQS, but Winston's deep ball may change that. 

Speaking like a true fan. I think its wishful thinking. Michael Thomas and or the. Saints are knuckleheads. Why wait till June to have surgery he had plenty of time to make the call  not a month before camp, that is just to crazy. 

17 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Speaking like a true fan. I think its wishful thinking. Michael Thomas and or the. Saints are knuckleheads. Why wait till June to have surgery he had plenty of time to make the call  not a month before camp, that is just to crazy. 

I stated it as an opinion, take it for what it's worth. Some fans are high on TQS, some are high on Callaway. I'm just going by what I've seen on the field and reading between the lines a little on what coaches and players have said. TQS has had many opportunities to step up and has been pretty ho-hum when given those opportunities. Maybe that's the fault of the offense, maybe the fault of the QB, maybe he just wasn't ready yet. The only thing I know is that when I've seen Callaway play I've been very impressed with his limited sample size and players/coaches heap praise on him. The same goes for Trautman. In the limited opportunities that I saw him get last year, he's impressed me and I think that's he's also impressed the coaches enough that they didn't otherwise address the TE position.

As for Thomas, not knowing the whole situation it's easy to criticize. He may have already had surgery and it didn't fix the issues. The issue may have been healing and then re-injured in the offseason. There's plenty of explanations as to why he's having surgery in June and the organization has never been one to give up information on injuries when it is not specifically required.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nice thing about these potential breakout wr/tes is that we'll know soon! 

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Nice thing about these potential breakout wr/tes is that we'll know soon! 

Not soon enough! :D

52 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Not soon enough! :D

Oh, true. I guess i meant for those of us with some of those players on our dynasty rosters. I think we should know whether to cut them or not in preseason

• Like 1

Callaway has been looking good so far in camp. TQS is nicked up again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

TQS is nicked up again.

Ugh

Should consider looking into acquiring James Washington

22 minutes ago, keggerz said:

Should consider looking into acquiring James Washington

Yeah, I saw him requesting a trade. He has talent.

What?! Just fine?!

NOLA.com's Jeff Duncan reports WR Marquez Callaway has been the "breakout star" of Saints camp.

"There’s a belief inside the building that the offense will be just fine without [Mchael] Thomas," writes Duncan, citing Callaway's position in the offense. Callaway has been the subject of plenty of hype in the wake of Thomas' ankle surgery and Tre'Quan Smith's latest leg injury. The second-year UDFA out of Tennessee, Callaway has spent time as an understudy in New Orleans who received extended looks on offense last season when Thomas was initially hurt, catching 21 passes for 213 scoreless yards as a rookie. Callaway's fantasy ADP is on the rise and looks like the Saints wideout to roster early in the year.

13 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Anything here?

Saints signed WR Kevin White, formerly of the 49ers

25 catches, for 285 yards and no scores on 48 targets over 5 seasons (one without a stat recorded), with about 2/3 of that coming in his rookie season.

I'd say that's just a camp body or a desperate move. Yes he was a first round pick of the Bears, but seemed to flame out pretty quickly (or was always injured, or didn't contribute so he never saw the field, or even the active roster much in 2020. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I figured he was out of the league already

Pretty close, he was a camp/practice squad player with no active games for Cardinals in 2019 and played in 3 games for the 49ers last year (zero offensive stats on 9 snaps, and one kick return on 22 ST snaps). 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I figured he was out of the league already

I forgot he existed.

I'm coming around on Tre'Quan Smith, especially in best ball formats.  If nothing else he should have the occasional big game if Winston is the starter.

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

I'm coming around on Tre'Quan Smith, especially in best ball formats.  If nothing else he should have the occasional big game if Winston is the starter.

As a dynasty owner who had many shares of Smith, I will say that that's the only format where I'm remotely interested in him.  He is Jermichael Finley 2.0 (been on the verge of breaking out for the past 3 years now).  He will have 2-3 big games this year, almost guaranteed.  But, he'll have twice that many games where he absolutely disappears.  PPR monster he is not.  

Just now, Finn5033 said:

Callaway having a huge game with Winston at QB.

Callaway ADP is going to jump quite a bit after this game. Dang.

17 minutes ago, awahl63 said:

Callaway ADP is going to jump quite a bit after this game. Dang.

I'm glad i traded for him in two of three dynasties months ago... Thanks @rajncajn!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I guess we know who the Saints QB is now 

On 5/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, LordOpie said:

speaking of the Saints... I'm making my call now...

James Winston will be a top 10 QB this year and going forward. NOS should sign him to an extension before this because he'll then require a large contract.

Consider 2019 and what 2020 would've been for him if he threw 10 INTs instead of 30. I think he can repeat 2019 with much less turnovers. And he's 27yo. I wanted Denver to get him.

Why do I think less turn overs? LASIK and better coaching. 

22 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I took Callaway in the 10th round of my keeper league as my WR5 after reading how Rajn was talking him up. So far I’m feeling really good about that pick!

2 minutes ago, SeductiveNun said:

I took Callaway in the 10th round of my keeper league as my WR5 after reading how Rajn was talking him up. So far I’m feeling really good about that pick!

@Henry Muto just reminded me that i got callaway for peanuts some months ago... Thanks to @rajncajn