Since I think Winston will be a top10 QB, where will his numbers come from?

I think even FF owners who don't own Thomas hope he has a good year. I'm not sure he'll repeat 2019... 149 / 1725 / 9, but I think he should come close. Let's say 1600 yards. Kamara gets 900 yards. And Winston throws for 4500.

Who catches what portion of the remaining 2000 yards?

I think there is a lot of opportunity for a few guys to step up and become significantly fantasy relevant. Trequan finally break out?

What say y'all?

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Since I think Winston will be a top10 QB, where will his numbers come from?

I think even FF owners who don't own Thomas hope he has a good year. I'm not sure he'll repeat 2019... 149 / 1725 / 9, but I think he should come close. Let's say 1600 yards. Kamara gets 900 yards. And Winston throws for 4500.

Who catches what portion of the remaining 2000 yards?

I think there is a lot of opportunity for a few guys to step up and become significantly fantasy relevant. Trequan finally break out?

What say y'all?

I think Callaway will take a big leap and Trautman will have an impact as well. I'm still not high on TQS, but Winston's deep ball may change that. 

• Thanks 1

Winston loves to air it out so there is opportunity for Trequan, but I think Trequan will still be Trequan. He will be boom or bust, more likely bust. But the opportunity will be there. I've been eyeing Trautman as a breakout candidate.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

I think Callaway will take a big leap and Trautman will have an impact as well. I'm still not high on TQS, but Winston's deep ball may change that. 

I was typing my response the same time as yours, that's a good call on Callaway. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

how come your team didn't do much to address WR and TE in the draft or free agency?

are they going to focus on the run? Maybe Murray gets enough to make him FF significant?

Or do they like their receivers? Assuming Trautman steps up, is there a second TE to help out? 

I ask all this because it seems like the only guarantees are Thomas and Kamara, but y'all need 2-3 more significant contributors for Winston to get 4500.

50 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

how come your team didn't do much to address WR and TE in the draft or free agency?

are they going to focus on the run? Maybe Murray gets enough to make him FF significant?

Or do they like their receivers? Assuming Trautman steps up, is there a second TE to help out? 

I ask all this because it seems like the only guarantees are Thomas and Kamara, but y'all need 2-3 more significant contributors for Winston to get 4500.

Because I think they are confident in the guys they already have. 

At tight end they brought in Nick Vannett who basically takes over the blocking role that Josh Hill played and also is a capable receiver as was Hill.  Also, they nabbed a really nice UDFA blocking TE with Dylan Soehner. Trautman,  however,  will clearly take on the pass-catching duties and is still a very capable blocker as well. I'm not going to claim breakout at this point,  but I do think he will make a splash.  Maybe after training camp I can say,  yeah,  this guy is going to blow up,  but I'm guarded right now on his much Payton will open up the passing game from the start.  Assuming Winston will be the starter,  there's already Taysom there as well who can play as an H-back.

At wide receiver, I'm pretty much all-in on Callaway. He's got all the tools to be a WR1 IMO and I think he gets the opportunity this year.  Dionte Harris is still there and still will make some sparks,  but he's going to be more inconsistent and I think TQS will solidly back up Thomas and rotate some with Callaway. I also like what I've read of the rookie and a bit embarrassed to say I didn't really know much about him before since he went to the same school as my daughter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Not only did NO not add any significant WR/TE in the draft, two of their top 4 leading receivers left in free agency.

Sanders was #2 in receptions/targets/yards last year (61/82 & 726) and Cook was 4th in receptions with 37 (3rd in targets/yards with 60 & 504) that's a lot to spread around to other guys. I know rajn was talking up Callaway's skills last year, and see he still feels that he's due for a big jump this year,. And Trautman should get a lot of the looks Cook got. I think many of us are still waiting for Trequan to come thru, but even when Thomas was missing he rarely saw a bump, maybe like you guys say the deep ball of Winston will help. I think the passing game will drop off some more though with the switch at QB. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

At tight end they brought in Nick Vannett who basically takes over the blocking role that Josh Hill played and also is a capable receiver as was Hill.  Also, they nabbed a really nice UDFA blocking TE with Dylan Soehner. Trautman,  however,  will clearly take on the pass-catching duties and is still a very capable blocker as well.

I sure hope they do more blocking and let Trautman focus more on receiving because Trautman finished as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 blocking tight end in 2020. I hope that means he'll be on the field more with more receiving opportunities, instead of blocking so darn much.

I remember you mentioning Callaway last year and went out to get him, thanks!

Lol, ask your daughter for FF advice about the rookie :)

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not only did NO not add any significant WR/TE in the draft, two of their top 4 leading receivers left in free agency.

yeah. this ^

and since I think Winston is a good QB, I think there is a great deal of opportunity for a few guys. So, y'all think Callaway and Trautman will be the biggest beneficiaries. 

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

yeah. this ^

and since I think Winston is a good QB, I think there is a great deal of opportunity for a few guys. So, y'all think Callaway and Trautman will be the biggest beneficiaries. 

Must of what I think about that is based on what I've read from rajn. Personally I had Trequan a couple times and he never seemed to do much so I've kind of soured on him. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Winston loves to air it out so there is opportunity for Trequan, but I think Trequan will still be Trequan. He will be boom or bust, more likely bust. But the opportunity will be there. I've been eyeing Trautman as a breakout candidate.

The issue I have with him is that as big and fast as he is, he really doesn't get much separation. He can get over the top and Winston should be able to get it out in front of him,  but he just doesn't seem to have much in his arsenal to get defenders off of him and doesn't run the sharpest routes. He's also not a monster at catching balls in traffic like Thomas is. 

Last year,  with Thomas out most of the season, really should have been his time to step up but he wasn't able to do that. I'll give him a bit of a pass because Drew was injured or out most of the season so it may have been difficult to build a rapport, but he's really had ample opportunity and my gut tells me he's already at his ceiling whereas Callaway appears to be just scratching the surface. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I sure hope they do more blocking and let Trautman focus more on receiving because Trautman finished as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 blocking tight end in 2020. I hope that means he'll be on the field more with more receiving opportunities, instead of blocking so darn much.

I remember you mentioning Callaway last year and went out to get him, thanks!

Lol, ask your daughter for FF advice about the rookie :)

That's my thinking on Trautman. I doubt he comes off the field much,  even on obvious running plays. 

Yeah,  my daughter isn't into any sports of any kind whatsoever. Any time we even talked about going to games ask we'd get was a groan. I doubt she even heard of the guy TBH. 😅

• Thanks 1

Will echo a lot of what's already been said:  high on Trautman... I think he scratches into the top-12 in terms of fantasy TEs this year.  And I like Callaway a lot too.  I think he's the kind of WR that will mesh well with Winston.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Will echo a lot of what's already been said:  high on Trautman... I think he scratches into the top-12 in terms of fantasy TEs this year.  And I like Callaway a lot too.  I think he's the kind of WR that will mesh well with Winston.

That might be a little more ambitious than I'm expecting,  but I could see him breaking top 15. I think that he's capable,  it's jist hard to say that he will be that consistent with Thomas and Kamara around. Again,  my mind might change before the start of the season,  but right now I see him slightly outperforming Cook's numbers last season by maybe a couple of positions. 

• Thanks 1

I think Callaway will have a bigger role this year but dont count out Harris, Baker, and Smith. If they let Winston sling a little more these deep threat guys will be putting in work. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

One thing is a fact, WRs will get numbers with Winston behind center. Unfortunately CBs will to. 

he won't play if HC doesn't think he's going to have much less INTs. I think he's going to have less and have a great year. 

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I think he's going to have less and have a great year. 

I actually think so as well. He's in a much better situation with a better system and coaching staff. I've always been a Jameis fan, he's fantasy gold. 

• Thanks 1