[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waddle = Ruggs?

I love what Waddle did in college but he just looks like Henry Ruggs to me, who didn't translate very well to the NFL last season.  Granted, Tua has history with him but still, Tua struggled mightily last season and I believe you need an elite QB, that can get the ball in his vicinity down field, for him to truly thrive.

I have the 7th pick in my dynasty rookie draft, so thinking it will probably come down to him, or perhaps Javonte at RB.  If that happens I'd definitely take Javonte, but there are a bunch of RB hoarders in this league, so I don't think Williams will be an option there.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

Tough call. What I noticed are gone the years granted to a QB to mature and flourish, either as a starter or backup. Now, one bad season and you're done. In other words, I don't know if we really know what Tua can do in the NFL yet and how that will relate to Waddle. 

Edited by Shaft

I think Waddle is a far more dangerous weapon. He comes into the NFL and is instantly the the best returner in the league. As far as Fantasy goes I'd say his ceiling as a receiver is Deshaun Jackson??  He only had 133 targets in his college career but made big plays everytime he touched it. He'll be boom or bust in the NFL. 

Most of the drafts I've seen have some combination for the 1 thru 7 picks of Harris, Chase, Pitts, Etienne, Williams, Smith and Waddle...so if you have the 7th pick and only Waddle is left of those, who would you take instead (based on PPR with 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, etc...)?

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

1 hour ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Most of the drafts I've seen have some combination for the 1 thru 7 picks of Harris, Chase, Pitts, Etienne, Williams, Smith and Waddle...so if you have the 7th pick and only Waddle is left of those, who would you take instead (based on PPR with 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, etc...)?

I would trade down, I'm not big on Waddle. I see the big 6 and everyone else.

I see where someone could confuse Ruggs and Waddle.  Very similar in many ways, but to me Ruggs was always a speed guy ONLY.  Waddle, to me, runs a much more complex route tree.  The familiarity with Tua could prove huge.  I don't think he will put up consistent enough numbers to be a true #1 fantasy WR but if you plug him in as your 2nd WR in a typical league I think you'll be pleased.  

In standard 1QB PPR leagues; I have the top 4 as a Chase, Etienne, Harris, and Pitts in the top tier and a drop-off after that.  I traded Aaron Jones for a 1st round pick last year and ended up with the 1.1.  Chase was a no-brainer for me and may have gone Pitts if I had the 1.2.  I think we had approximately 1 kajillion trades made during our draft. 

https://www73.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=42916&O=17

21 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

In standard 1QB PPR leagues; I have the top 4 as a Chase, Etienne, Harris, and Pitts in the top tier and a drop-off after that.  I traded Aaron Jones for a 1st round pick last year and ended up with the 1.1.  Chase was a no-brainer for me and may have gone Pitts if I had the 1.2.  I think we had approximately 1 kajillion trades made during our draft. 

https://www73.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=42916&O=17

I keep going back and forth between Chase and Harris. I have 1.2, so the the choice will be made for me. I see Chase as a better long term investment. Harris is stepping into a messy situation in Pitt with a bad offensive line and a QB on his way out. 

39 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I keep going back and forth between Chase and Harris. I have 1.2, so the the choice will be made for me. I see Chase as a better long term investment. Harris is stepping into a messy situation in Pitt with a bad offensive line and a QB on his way out. 

Why not Etienne? He's in that Kamara mold, he'll get tons of touches. 

20 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Why not Etienne? He's in that Kamara mold, he'll get tons of touches. 

They have a solid running back in Robinson and we don't know what Meyer can do at that level yet. But that's just my 2 cents. I'm sure Etienne will get a lot of touches since they used such a high pick on him. And long term, he might be in a better situation than Harris, just not sure.

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

They have a solid running back in Robinson and we don't know what Meyer can do at that level yet. But that's just my 2 cents. I'm sure Etienne will get a lot of touches since they used such a high pick on him. And long term, he might be in a better situation than Harris, just not sure.

Good point. Jrob will certainly eat into some of those touches.