[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots legend Tim Tebow returns to NFL

TimTebow - first round pick by Denver Tim Tebow?

Sidebar - 2010 was a banner year for QBs:

1.01 STL Sam Bradford
1.25 DEN Tim Tebow
2.16 CAR Jimmy Clausen
3.21 CLE Colt McCoy
4.24 PHI Mike Kafka
5.24 ARI John Skelton
5.37 SD Jonathan Crompton
6.07 TEN Rusty Smith
6.12 CHI Dan LeFevour
6.35 CAR Tony Pike
7.02 BUF Levi Brown
7.32 NO Sean Canfield
7.43 NE Zac Robinson

Did they not have any QBs in college during 2009? You'd think I'd remember if that happened.

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Lol, Tebow had a better career than Sam Bradford

Better in what way? Are there some stats we can look at to show he was better? Or can you explain why you think Tebow had the better career?

Pro Football Ref compare Tebow to Bradford

Bradford wasn't great, but he was a starting QB for 7 years with some success at times, I'd think that is better than the guy who washed out as a QB in 3 years, tried baseball and came back to the NFL as a TE. Sure the team Tebow played on reached the playoffs, and had a 1-1 record. 

Patriots legend, that's hilarious considering he never recorded an NFL stat as a Patriot. I cannot believe the author of that rag actually called him legendary, I guess it was sarcasm. 

This is all Urban Myer giving his one time star college QB another shot at the NFL. Surprised that Tebow's ego could take the move out of the QB position. Of course now he's much older, and probably not as athletically gifted. We'll see if he makes it thru camp, I read that Jags TEs are pretty bad so it may not take a great showing. 

Edited by stevegrab

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Trevor has all the talent, but doesn't have the passion for the game.

Since when? Have you followed his College career? He insisted on playing last season even though he could of opted out with nothing to lose. The kid is a warrior. He doesn't need Tim Tebow's Ra Ra speeches to get him going. 

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Playoffs.

So Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino, got it. 

PFR site compares Dilfer & Marino

As for your "Tebow is being brought in to teach Trevor to be passionate about football" that is not something you can teach. Besides that I think Tebow was more obsessed with being a pro athlete so he can spread the word of God, not for love of the game itself. 

Your man crush on Tebow is clear. 

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

You just can't quit me lol

You know he's already spoken for, they just haven't picked a date yet. You might be serving as the last side piece before taking the big leap. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Big John said:

He was just cut.

That's funny, I just got around to watching the first half of Browns-Jaguars game from Saturday last night. The Browns beat them pretty soundly, not playing much of any starters (entire starting offense sat, and many key players on defense) while facing rookie QB Trevor. 

The Cleveland announcers (forget the play by play guy, but analyst was former Browns tackle Joe Thomas) kept talking about Tebow and whether he'd make the roster or not. Thomas was saying that he is neighbors with Urban Meyer, how could Meyer go walk his dog past Tebow's house after he cut him. :D  They also talked about how Meyer needed a friendly face on the team and that is why Tebow was there. 

I'm not surprised he got cut, I didn't see him do much in the first half, I did notice the TV crew show him (back of jersey) once but don't recall him doing anything special on that play, but it was pre-season and I wasn't paying close attention. 

This is funny

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1427634991698259983